Closed Thread

Reload Thread: ANL fuse size??

Surenlude is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ANL fuse size??

hey just a quick question, i'm a little stomped i looked this up couldnt find much.

i'm running a 0/1 Gauge wire from my battery to a cap at the back which i have running to 2 distribution block(one positive and one negative) that take input one 0/1 gauge and splits into two output 4 gauge that i have running to 2 amps. both take 50-70 AMPs each.

the 2 distribution blocks have 2 fuses each for the each separate 4 gauge wires.

how do i determine the size of the ANL fuse for the distribution block and the front battery.

should i use four 70 amps for the distribution blocks and use 300 amps for the front battery?

thanks

btw its JL 500/1 rated at 500 rms and a HD600/4 Rated at 150 RMS

macsdad is online now boom-boom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Re: ANL fuse size??

most will say to fuse to the main wires capacity (0/1g), and others will say lose the cap.

SMS
    SMS is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

you made a simple install not so simple. why you think you need a cap for a jl500 and 4 channel?
    but as for your ? i cant really picture whats going on.

Kingstroker is offline Mr Dique

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

300 amps is safe for OFC, some say they(the link below) rate the wire a little high but if you use high quality wire and go a little under you shouldn't have any fires. IMO the cap is just something that uses more power and makes it look cool, some say use it only as last resort after electrical system upgrades. I don't care for running both grounds to the same connection. My HU even recommends grounding to a separate place, just seems a little safer to me. Recommended Power and Ground Cable Sizes & Speaker Wire Size and Length

'05 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 4X4 Off Road Modded Powerstroke
    Rebuild in process
    Pioneer DEH 80PRS
    Modded Linear Power LP4753IQ
    Front Woofer: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5"
    Front Tweeter: SEAS Neos in pods
    Back: Pioneer TS-D6802R
    Knukonceptz Karma 12ga
    Stinger HPM3 RCA's
    Big 8: PhoenixGold Oga

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SMS View Post
    you made a simple install not so simple. why you think you need a cap for a jl500 and 4 channel?
    just because i dont waana drain my battery. my car already dims without a cap just for sub. now with this amp surely it will plus i'll be doing the big 3 upgrade.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstroker View Post
    300 amps is safe for OFC, some say they(the link below) rate the wire a little high but if you use high quality wire and go a little under you shouldn't have any fires. IMO the cap is just something that uses more power and makes it look cool, some say use it only as last resort after electrical system upgrades. I don't care for running both grounds to the same connection. My HU even recommends grounding to a separate place, just seems a little safer to me. Recommended Power and Ground Cable Sizes & Speaker Wire Size and Length
    hey thanks alot that hellped

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and how did i make it complicated? i'm tryna run 4 gauge to both amps. so i'm running a 0/1 gauge from the battery and splitting tht into 2 4 gauge for each amp. when doing a something liek this its always good to have a cap. plus having the distribution blocks helps so if something goes wrong you dont fry your whole system. please elabarate on how i make it more difficult. thanks

SMS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

i dont know it sounds like u have 2 d-blocks, each having 2 fuses in them and your running 2 amps. seems like just 0g to a d-block then two 4g to the amps. where is the other d-block? maybe i read it wrong?

SMS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

i think a decent agm battery under the hood will solve your dimming. i put a HC1800 under my hood and with 1500w monoblock and 90wx4 im getting very little dimmage. what is your vehicle? did the cap help with your voltage?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont know it sounds like u have 2 d-blocks, each having 2 fuses in them and your running 2 amps. seems like just 0g to a d-block then two 4g to the amps. where is the other d-block? maybe i read it wrong?
    one is for the power and one is for the ground. i'm gonna be running 0/1 gauge for both so it goes thru the cap and comes out as a 0/1 gauge which get splits into 4 guage for each amp. ground and positive. that why i have 2 d blocks. i like the sperate fuse idea so i will know exactly whats wrong if something is wrong.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

i think a decent agm battery under the hood will solve your dimming. i put a HC1800 under my hood and with 1500w monoblock and 90wx4 im getting very little dimmage. what is your vehicle? did the cap help with your voltage?
    yeah ive considered this option and i'm keep it for last. the cap and everything i have from an old system so i only spend 40 bucks for the d blocks. 0/1 wire all i have from previous systems.

Closed Thread