Reload Thread: aura mr 675h vs jensen ka 5 oldschool multichannel amps

spec is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aura mr 675h vs jensen ka 5 oldschool multichannel amps

a couple of oldschool multichannel amps that can be had for less than 200.00 bucks. both seem to have simular specs. the aura is a 6channel 50 x 6 or 50x4 150x1 or 150 x3 and the jensen is 50 x 4 with 120 x1 4 ohm but the subchannel puts out more for 2 or 1 ohm.
    i ll put 50 x2 on tweeters 50 x 2 on mids and the sub channel on a jl 6w3 sub. the sub is in the front console mids and tweeters in the front doors. right now i would have to flip a coin because it s pretty much a tie the way i see it. the one with the most sound quality is what i m lookin for. any thoughts on these two in head to head competition?

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: aura mr 675h vs jensen ka 5 oldschool multichannel amps

Both great old school amps, I would just go with the most power you can give the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

KnightWhoSaysNI is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spec is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a couple of reasons that i m looking at the oldschool amp route. one is that i m an die hard oldschool geaser. i have one vehicle with all oldschool stuff. and one with newer line ups. both the jensen ka5 and the aura mr675h were top of the line for each respective company.they are suppose to have top grade parts and retailed for a pretty penny back in the day. i have not had any experience with these but have read some good reviews. i can get either one of them nib less than 200.00 but closer to 150.00. the newer kenwood and ppi look fine and had good reviews on sonic. sometimes though it very possible to get a real sound quality gem with the good oldschool stuff esp. if nib/unused. has anyone ever used or listened to either or both of these oldschool amps?

spec is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flipped a coin and went with with the aura mr 675h. was kinda leaning toward it anyway. it will arrive in a week or so. with 6/5/4/3 channel possibilities; it offers many options. i`ll start off bi amping[active] a nib pair of polk audio mm 3045. [oldschool polk 4 1/2 with the mm3000 tweeter]. i`ve heard great things about these tweeters and can`t wait to test drive them. will use the rear channel bridged on a jl 3w6 sub in a sealed downfire box located in front of front console. will give a review of the amp and the componets after a good ol road trip. i hoping for a sweet sq signature.

Closed Thread