Dark_Jetta is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Amp Question

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    i'd do 3 batteries all wired together,also if you use the bass knob you can control the bass from the frt seat to give more or less for daily listening .i would use 2 d 3100 batteries in the back and the biggest xs power battery you can get up front .i could give you a package deal on the batts and amp .but the batts need to be paid for by next friday when i make my next order .
    ahh I wont have the money by then to do this but i'm definetly interesting, just out of curiousity how much would everything run for the batteries each so say one 4700 for the front and 2 3100's for the rear? Thanks

bigwyrm is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure there may be amps out there that are just as capable and cheaper, but I would at least consider the Phoenix Gold Elite 3200W - 1ohm if you have the budget. I have owned several of their products which always do more than rated power and from my experience have never failed. I am currently looking at one of their new line amps on another thread for a build I'm planning.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

Ill send you a pm with prices later

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

SubieSPL_Maniac is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would say a Remote level controller instead of the bass knob, that way you don't have to keep changing your set up on the amps, plus its safer imo. I just put 1 in today because the bass was too overpowering. You can set up the max bass you want with the max on the controller and always be in the clear. I'm sure you can do the same with the bass knob, but with my experience with bass knobs, they are always a hassle and break on me.

Your Car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book "Moog"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ill send you a pm with prices later
    Thanks...If the battery prices look good, ill definetly go with you on them the next time you'll be placing a order and i have the money. Thanks again for all the helpful information all! Just ***** money is really tight right now but im thinking of possibly trying to start building custom sub boxes for people and sell them to make some extra cash to help support the project, since i have all the tools table saw, jig saw, jasper jig 200, drills etc. Just not sure on what a good price for making them is and then how much to charge for shipping since some of them could weigh a ton if there large.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Jetta View Post
    Thanks...If the battery prices look good, ill definetly go with you on them the next time you'll be placing a order and i have the money. Thanks again for all the helpful information all! Just ***** money is really tight right now but im thinking of possibly trying to start building custom sub boxes for people and sell them to make some extra cash to help support the project, since i have all the tools table saw, jig saw, jasper jig 200, drills etc. Just not sure on what a good price for making them is and then how much to charge for shipping since some of them could weigh a ton if there large.
    start local , shipping will kill ya ,unless you ship alot of them .also figure material and you labor .really depends on how many and how fast you can sell them in a week .

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

start local , shipping will kill ya ,unless you ship alot of them .also figure material and you labor .really depends on how many and how fast you can sell them in a week .
    True, i did a estimate of one saying that it was about a 100 lbs and shipping was almost a hundred bucks on fed ex ground. but i could probably build one or maybe 2 tops a week on the weekends since my scheduled is crammed during the week, but i figured a average box i would sell for between a 150 and 300 depending on how big, how complicated it is etc. Since its a snowy wasteland right now where im at i have no car show's or anything going on to start putting it out there for local sales but maybe in a month or two things will start pi cking up

garretttt4 is offline big pimpin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Jetta View Post
    Thanks, which 4k amp would you recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by SubieSPL_Maniac View Post
    no experience with any 4k amps but i would lean towards like an old skool memphis 4k or american bass.. OR maybe 2 2k amps. try and find an amp that will do it @ 12v maybe 14v too if possible because you wont have to also worry about all that power draw all the time. AND OBVIOUSLY if your looking for true 4k amps your already have somewhat upgraded electrical.
    I have a mojo 4k....

01 Silverado 2500hd (gasser. :/)
    Coming soon
    Four custom mmats juggernaut 12's.
    Amp undecided..?

Bought from: Jayzbent, mylows10, logan527, Timmy13091, wingsfreak9, Underfire
    Traded with: mylows10(x2), knowmadic
    Sold to: 03silverado03, foomanchu, heel4lyfe, Timmy13091, wErd

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2