Closed Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Reload Thread: Ppi s2000.1 mono

  1. #1
    blobb454's Avatar
    blobb454 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    LANSING MI
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Ppi s2000.1 mono

    Screwing around today on the net and came across a ppi s2000.1 amp. Claim are 1 ohm stable and puts down 2000 rms. very inexpensive and I'd like to learn more. I'm aware that the old ppi amps were excellent but this is brand new and know nothing about them now.. Anyone have many input? I'd like go know if they actually do rated?

    Cheap 2000 rms has me worried it won't be able to put out...



    Quote Originally Posted by kpetree View Post
    I feel like you're a waste of your mothers stretch marks, better luck finding your gf next season. Fck off, post dump somewhere else.




  2. #2
    B-Sh0t's Avatar
    B-Sh0t is offline Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gulfport,MS
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    They dont like .5ohm my brother in law clamped his @1785rms@13.8v@50hz tone with a soft clip using a DSO nano.




  3. #3
    blobb454's Avatar
    blobb454 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    LANSING MI
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    Quote Originally Posted by B-Sh0t View Post
    They dont like .5ohm my brother in law clamped his @1785rms@13.8v@50hz tone with a soft clip using a DSO nano.
    Ok! Thank you. I didn't think it could be true. Cheap power even for 1800 rms!



    Quote Originally Posted by kpetree View Post
    I feel like you're a waste of your mothers stretch marks, better luck finding your gf next season. Fck off, post dump somewhere else.

  4. #4
    B-Sh0t's Avatar
    B-Sh0t is offline Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gulfport,MS
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    It sounds cleaner than the BRZ2100 he had in before IMO, I think its one of the better sub $250 amps @2k. I will see if he will send me a gut shot of the amp.




  5. #5
    blobb454's Avatar
    blobb454 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    LANSING MI
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    Quote Originally Posted by B-Sh0t View Post
    It sounds cleaner than the BRZ2100 he had in before IMO, I think its one of the better sub $250 amps @2k. I will see if he will send me a gut shot of the amp.
    That would be sweet! I actually tried to google guts shots but none found..



    Quote Originally Posted by kpetree View Post
    I feel like you're a waste of your mothers stretch marks, better luck finding your gf next season. Fck off, post dump somewhere else.

  6. #6
    Spooney's Avatar
    Spooney is offline Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte,MI,USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    Quote Originally Posted by B-Sh0t View Post
    They dont like .5ohm my brother in law clamped his @1785rms@13.8v@50hz tone with a soft clip using a DSO nano.
    What ohm load did he start with and what was the rise?




  7. #7
    zako's Avatar
    zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    Quote Originally Posted by blobb454 View Post
    Ok! Thank you. I didn't think it could be true. Cheap power even for 1800 rms!
    PPI Sedona amps are quite unappreciated IMHO. I have seen another review of a Sedona amp, 2-channel or 4-channel, I forgot which where it did a little over the rated power. Best budget amp brand in my book. If you want a high end PPI amp, they still make it. It's called Power Class. From the specs, features, and description, it looks very similar to the current SoundStream Reference. Not surprised. I believe it's the same parent company.




  8. #8
    blobb454's Avatar
    blobb454 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    LANSING MI
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    PPI Sedona amps are quite unappreciated IMHO. I have seen another review of a Sedona amp, 2-channel or 4-channel, I forgot which where it did a little over the rated power. Best budget amp brand in my book. If you want a high end PPI amp, they still make it. It's called Power Class. From the specs, features, and description, it looks very similar to the current SoundStream Reference. Not surprised. I believe it's the same parent company.
    Good to know! I wouldn't think the two companies were related! I like the soundstream, performs well for what experience I have with it.



    Quote Originally Posted by kpetree View Post
    I feel like you're a waste of your mothers stretch marks, better luck finding your gf next season. Fck off, post dump somewhere else.

  9. #9
    naughtyca's Avatar
    naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    2,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    here's what i found on the net

    "The company Fahrenheit (dont think they spell it like that tho) Makes SS DVD head units. Said company was bought in 2002 by Epsilon Electronics. Soundstream was acquired in 2001 Fahrenheit, PA, Kole, and Spl all use the same units and carry a 1 year warranty. The ones that have the Soundstream logo come with a 2 year warranty. Most of the time the price difference is around $30.00 I think its worth it to get the ones that say Soundstream for the extra 365 days of Warranty. If you are buying unauthorized go Fahrenheit as they are usually the cheapest. But 100% the same thing."


    "Epsilon also owns brands including Power Acoustik, Farenheit, SPL, Kole Audio and Soundstream Technologies."




  10. #10
    dragnix's Avatar
    dragnix is offline LXIX



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Socal cuz i'm So cool
    Posts
    19,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    Quote Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
    here's what i found on the net

    "The company Fahrenheit (dont think they spell it like that tho) Makes SS DVD head units. Said company was bought in 2002 by Epsilon Electronics. Soundstream was acquired in 2001 Fahrenheit, PA, Kole, and Spl all use the same units and carry a 1 year warranty. The ones that have the Soundstream logo come with a 2 year warranty. Most of the time the price difference is around $30.00 I think its worth it to
    get the ones that say Soundstream for the extra 365 days of Warranty. If you are buying unauthorized go Fahrenheit as they are usually the cheapest. But 100% the same thing."


    "Epsilon also owns brands including Power Acoustik, Farenheit, SPL, Kole Audio and Soundstream Technologies."
    I think the Fahrenheit comment pertains more to the head unit more than anything. Once the ingenix units come out though, Fahrenheit won't be on the same level




  11. #11
    trumpet's Avatar
    trumpet is online now Supporting Vendor trumpet is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    trumpet is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Langdon, ND
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    Quote Originally Posted by dragnix View Post
    I think the Fahrenheit comment pertains more to the head unit more than anything. Once the ingenix units come out though, Fahrenheit won't be on the same level
    Farenheit has Ingenix head units that have been out for some time now. Thought you might not have known that.




    Small town service, family owned and operated. See our new mobile friendly web site at www.513electronics.com
    Home to CDT Audio's Systems Design Specialist
    Our CDT Audio dealer store, Clarion,_JBL,_Pioneer,_Precision_Power,_RE_Audio,_DB Drive,_Metra,_T-Spec, perfect fit speaker kits for your vehicle
    My system: Pioneer AVH-4000NEX, JBL MS-8, Clarion XC6610 x 2, CDT 6.7"/4"/1.1" in the front doors, 4"/1.1" center channel, QES-1220 12" x 2, Clarion SRG-1622R rear fill

  12. #12
    dragnix's Avatar
    dragnix is offline LXIX



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Socal cuz i'm So cool
    Posts
    19,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    Quote Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
    Farenheit has Ingenix head units that have been out for some time now. Thought you might not have known that.
    Didn't know, I knew about Power Acoustik have them




  13. #13
    trumpet's Avatar
    trumpet is online now Supporting Vendor trumpet is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    trumpet is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Langdon, ND
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    Quote Originally Posted by dragnix View Post
    Didn't know, I knew about Power Acoustik have them
    Check out parts F-761NX for the 7" double DIN and F-721NX for a 7" fold-out single DIN. These are the same style of units that Precision Power will have but their Ingenix version is supposed to be a bit different.




    Small town service, family owned and operated. See our new mobile friendly web site at www.513electronics.com
    Home to CDT Audio's Systems Design Specialist
    Our CDT Audio dealer store, Clarion,_JBL,_Pioneer,_Precision_Power,_RE_Audio,_DB Drive,_Metra,_T-Spec, perfect fit speaker kits for your vehicle
    My system: Pioneer AVH-4000NEX, JBL MS-8, Clarion XC6610 x 2, CDT 6.7"/4"/1.1" in the front doors, 4"/1.1" center channel, QES-1220 12" x 2, Clarion SRG-1622R rear fill

  14. #14
    dragnix's Avatar
    dragnix is offline LXIX



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Socal cuz i'm So cool
    Posts
    19,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: Ppi s2000.1 mono

    Quote Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
    Check out parts F-761NX for the 7" double DIN and F-721NX for a 7" fold-out single DIN. These are the same style of units that Precision Power will have but their Ingenix version is supposed to be a bit different.
    I would imagine ppi's would be better considering their price point




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. PPI A600.2 at 2 ohms mono?
    By Bartak1 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum