Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: saz1500v.3

macsdad is offline boom-boom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

saz1500v.3

Ok, i got the saz installed, it replaced an apsm2000. Both using 2ohm load. I must say, the apsm was louder. But lights dimmed at 18/35 on volume. I can now do 25/35 before slight dimmage. Deff a cleaner signal tho. Can't here the fan in the saz like i could from the apsm. I guess i am trying to say that i am pleased with the upgrade, especially since i didn't pay full price, if i had, the apsm would prob go back in. Do enjoy going from 70sn to 90sn ratio deff more efficient.

NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Re: saz1500v.3

Who runs a saz series amp at 2 ohms lol....they dont even start makin power til 1 ohm and really shine @.5

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Don't the electricals to run at 1ohm. Supposed to be 930 at 2ohms, they like to bash audiopipe, that 2000 did pretty good on 2ohm, other than that dimming thing. Help me find a ho alt for my 08 caliber and i will run it at 1ohm.

devast8r3436 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol easy to find hard to pay for

Alpine CDE-147BT
    Cadence ZRS C9 and C65
    Polk MM6501 and MM651
    Cadence S2W10D2 x2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I haven't been able to find one specifically for my car. I have found some universal ho alts, but they always say may need a custom bracket. I don't know enough about to do me any good. I did snag a kinetik hc2000, but learned i need to charge it every 30 or so days. Then i learned even with ho alt i need back up batt. Can i just install second batt and not need ho alt.

SomeguyinPDX is offline GunHappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macsdad View Post
    Ok, i got the saz installed, it replaced an apsm2000. Both using 2ohm load. I must say, the apsm was louder. But lights dimmed at 18/35 on volume. I can now do 25/35 before slight dimmage. Deff a cleaner signal tho. Can't here the fan in the saz like i could from the apsm. I guess i am trying to say that i am pleased with the upgrade, especially since i didn't pay full price, if i had, the apsm would prob go back in. Do enjoy going from 70sn to 90sn ratio deff more efficient.
    Maybe I missunderstood, but the fact that you say you can turn the volume up higher with the new amp instead of the old one leads me to think your gains are not properly adjusted. Your gain should be adjusted with your deck at the max unclipped volume. (You should be able to turn the HU to the same volume# no matter what amp you are running) If done correctly your amp shouldnt be putting out full power till your HU is at its highest unclipped volume. You should'nt be dimming untill you are at nearly max volume, unless you have real weak electrical or poor connections. Having the gain even a tiny bit to high can cause severe dimming also.

My Alpine 9887's max un-clipped volume is 32/35 when running a -3db 45hz test tone with all HU settings set flat and loudness/MX mode turned off.

2007 Volkswagen Fahrenheit GTI #470 of 1200 - Stock System w/big 3 and Yellow top optima. Slowly getting ready to start the system build

SOLD or Purchased from: CD6551, ace_800, underfire , Cyclone9, mclsound, mylows10, BigSix.....

7. Thanks av83 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Find it.hard to believe u cant run 1500 on stock alt man ...esp woth a good battery or 2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I haven't tried 1ohm because of the dimmage. Have big 3, in 1/0 g and power/ground. My lights dim when the system isn't on. Press the brake pedal, unlock the doors, raise/lower the windows, unlock the doors. So with that in mind, i have avoided the 1ohm thing. Had charging system checked and everything seemed to be fine. Have a redtop under the hood. Oem boston acoustic amp about 450watts to run the mids and highs, that set up made the lights dim. Have been seeking assistance since i been on here, thats why i joined.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeguyinPDX View Post
    Maybe I missunderstood, but the fact that you say you can turn the volume up higher with the new amp instead of the old one leads me to think your gains are not properly adjusted. Your gain should be adjusted with your deck at the max unclipped volume. (You should be able to turn the HU to the same volume# no matter what amp you are running) If done correctly your amp shouldnt be putting out full power till your HU is at its highest unclipped volume. You should'nt be dimming untill you are at nearly max volume, unless you have real weak electrical or poor connections. Having the gain even a tiny bit to high can cause severe dimming also.

My Alpine 9887's max un-clipped volume is 32/35 when running a -3db 45hz test tone with all HU settings set flat and loudness/MX mode turned off.
    ihad gains at about 9oclock on the apsm and nearly half on saz with less output.

SomeguyinPDX is offline GunHappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I haven't tried 1ohm because of the dimmage. Have big 3, in 1/0 g and power/ground. My lights dim when the system isn't on. Press the brake pedal, unlock the doors, raise/lower the windows, unlock the doors. So with that in mind, i have avoided the 1ohm thing. Had charging system checked and everything seemed to be fine. Have a redtop under the hood. Oem boston acoustic amp about 450watts to run the mids and highs, that set up made the lights dim. Have been seeking assistance since i been on here, thats why i joined.
    ihad gains at about 9oclock on the apsm and nearly half on saz with less output.

Where the gains are at on the "clock" mean nothing. You need a DMM to measure your AC voltage on your speaker output from the amp. With stock electrical you will probably have some dimming at high volume but the fact you are dimming at way less than full volume tells me you are probably clipping the shit out of it.
    Check every single ground and make sure its clean and tite. Also have your batt. load tested to make sure you don't have a cell going out. Those things may be causing your dimming also.

2007 Volkswagen Fahrenheit GTI #470 of 1200 - Stock System w/big 3 and Yellow top optima. Slowly getting ready to start the system build

SOLD or Purchased from: CD6551, ace_800, underfire , Cyclone9, mclsound, mylows10, BigSix.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

^^^ this input sensitivity on the 2 amps could vary alot

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

My batt under the hood is a redtop, about a year old, could fit a yellowtop or other type of decent sized agm in the oem batt tray. Can i get by with putting the second batt in the hatch with the amp and forego the ho alt?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Can i use a dodge truck ho? Just saw a durango alt, 250amp for 299 on ebay.

bumpasauras is offline Always Hurtin Ears!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damm same upgrade I am wanting to do. I have an apsm2000 on to sa15's in 2 ohm. As far as the lights dimming I cured mine with 2 yellow tops 1 under hood 1 in back , big 3 outta 1 OT my alt is 100 amp stock and even with a BIG class a/b super inefficient 4 channel amp I have no dimming whatsoever.

I am surprised the saz does not do better at 2 ohm but as said before its really designed as a 1 ohm amp. I have no idea why people hate on the audio pipe amps. as long as u set the gain properly and do not expect hydroelectric power plant wattage out of it they are great. It absolutely hammers the SA's in 2 ohm and I have made several 4-5 hr road trips with it cranked to the threshold of clipping and not 1 single hiccup so far.

That being said I still want to upgrade it eventually but I am very happy with mine.

Btw what are u pushing with the sundown??

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Right now, mb quart 354 at 2ohms. I got it for two ma-8's in a 32hrtz ported box. The apsm2000 was great, just not as efficient as the saz. I will be keeping that amp. I will be re-wireing an older set of rf t1-10's later on today to give the saz a 1ohm load. Keep y'all posted on how it works out.
    Last edited by macsdad; 02-09-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast