Closed Thread

Reload Thread: PPI P1000.1 slight turn on pop?

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

PPI P1000.1 slight turn on pop?

Did anyone else notice this? Mine has a slight "whine" (not a pop) coming from subwoofer on turn on. It's smooth and lasts only about 1-2 seconds. This is the first time I notice the amplifier doing this. Otherwise it works well.

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Re: PPI P1000.1 slight turn on pop?

could be a bad ground

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The ground is excellent. I checked this many times. The RCA cables are grounded to head unit chassis.

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

how do you like the amp otherwise? Been wanting to try one of these

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    The ground is excellent. I checked this many times. The RCA cables are grounded to head unit chassis.
    Ok, I'll take this back. I just noticed that my ground battery terminal was lose. Car failed to start on a parking lot.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThatChevyGuy View Post
    how do you like the amp otherwise? Been wanting to try one of these
    It seems like a nice amplifier, beside the ground issues that I need to resolve. This amp is a little superfluous for my setup as I only need about 500watts of power at 4ohm (it should do 1000watts at 2ohm), but I got it from a trade of a device I didn't need.

neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Well, according to trumpet, that thing will do about 20% more than rated, so good score on that trade. Hope you resolve the turning issues. Have you considered a relay or something to lengthen the wait to turn on for that amp? Could be what makes the difference.

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Well, according to trumpet, that thing will do about 20% more than rated, so good score on that trade. Hope you resolve the turning issues. Have you considered a relay or something to lengthen the wait to turn on for that amp? Could be what makes the difference.
    They are the same amplifiers as Soundstream TN series, which are rated correctly (pretty much spot on). The P1000 was supposedly underrated "by accident" before the Soundstream adopted the same board, and were left as is.

Anyways, I think I should resolve my battery to ground issues first. The battery terminal is loose. I need to buy a new battery terminal. This could be just a classic ground loop issue.

neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

They are the same amplifiers as Soundstream TN series, which are rated correctly (pretty much spot on). The P1000 was supposedly underrated "by accident" before the Soundstream adopted the same board, and were left as is.

Anyways, I think I should resolve my battery to ground issues first. The battery terminal is loose. I need to buy a new battery terminal. This could be just a classic ground loop issue.
    True. And I hope for your sake and ease it is just a ground loop issue. I do like the fact the TN and Phantoms are basically twins. Gives the end user a choice in how they want their amps to look. I used to be all hot on the idea of the TN, but the Phantom is growing on me. Still not as pretty as the Black Ice IMO, but think the size wins it over.

Now if I could just get this voice nagging me in the back of my head to just man up and buy some MMATS instead out...

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

40oz is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I'm running a P1000.1 and a P600.2 and if I turn the volume all the way down, I can hear a very very low "whine" that lasts until I either turn off the car or turn up the volume, it's not even noticeable if I am driving because of the road noise. My grounds are as solid as can be and its not because of the head unit (got a Kenwood). Either way, it doesn't really bother me since I can only hear it when I first turn on my car until I start driving. Other than this, love the amps and am not planning on switching them anytime soon.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
    I'm running a P1000.1 and a P600.2 and if I turn the volume all the way down, I can hear a very very low "whine" that lasts until I either turn off the car or turn up the volume, it's not even noticeable if I am driving because of the road noise. My grounds are as solid as can be and its not because of the head unit (got a Kenwood). Either way, it doesn't really bother me since I can only hear it when I first turn on my car until I start driving. Other than this, love the amps and am not planning on switching them anytime soon.
    This seems line an alternator "whine" problem. The odd thing is that I started to experience it with the P1000.1 right after making a swap with a P900.4. Otherwise nothing changed. After checking everything, the whine went away once I grounded all RCA connectors to the head unit chassis. However, this could also be an issue with a lose battery terminal that I am observing right now. I'll postpone the final verdict until after I fix the battery issue.

40oz is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

This seems line an alternator "whine" problem. The odd thing is that I started to experience it with the P1000.1 right after making a swap with a P900.4. Otherwise nothing changed. After checking everything, the whine went away once I grounded all RCA connectors to the head unit chassis. However, this could also be an issue with a lose battery terminal that I am observing right now. I'll postpone the final verdict until after I fix the battery issue.
    What kind of head unit are you running? Let me know what happens after you fix the battery terminal issue. Like I said it doesn't really bother me but if its a simple fix I'll go ahead and take care of it.

Closed Thread