Reload Thread: 5k options ?

cdc351jeferson is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5k options ?

i know what a good 5k amp is but question i have is what about 2 crossfire c5 1700d's strapped? heard those things clamp 2500+rms all day . @TaylorFade ; or anyone clamp these to confirm .

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : Bill Fitzmaurice Truck tuba DD 600series 10"
    amp: Kicker zx500.1
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 5k options ?

Very good amps, IIRC they have a hell of a protection circuit as well. A guy local to me @bumpinexploder has experience with them

cdc351jeferson is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    Very good amps, IIRC they have a hell of a protection circuit as well. A guy local to me @bumpinexploder has experience with them
    thats who it was i saw his sale thread and thats what got me thinking about it. ive been talking to roger at crossfire hes up near you . he said if i was closer he would let me put 2 in my setup and bang away lol . hes assuring me tho that it will be 1.5-2 db gain with those amps just based on how under rated they are

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : Bill Fitzmaurice Truck tuba DD 600series 10"
    amp: Kicker zx500.1
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your budget? You have more options if strapped is in the cards. I'd go 2 AQ2200D's and call it a day. Or BC's.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdc351jeferson View Post
    thats who it was i saw his sale thread and thats what got me thinking about it. ive been talking to roger at crossfire hes up near you . he said if i was closer he would let me put 2 in my setup and bang away lol . hes assuring me tho that it will be 1.5-2 db gain with those amps just based on how under rated they are
    He's 20 mins from me(:

His amps are SOOO under rated, like its pointless to even look at whatever the amp is "rated" at

NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    What's your budget? You have more options if strapped is in the cards. I'd go 2 AQ2200D's and call it a day. Or BC's.
    He already has a aq3500.1 ...wire it to .25 @rebelfromva ; clamped 5250 from his rising to .7

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's 20 mins from me(:

His amps are SOOO under rated, like its pointless to even look at whatever the amp is "rated" at
    That begs the question, what's the fucking point of rating it that low???? I mean other than trying to appeal to the people that are easily impressed, what's the point of rating an amp at 1k if it does 2k? I just don't get it. Chances are you're paying the same as a 2k, and if you're not, then it's a much better selling point to rate it a 2k and have it be cheap.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That begs the question, what's the fucking point of rating it that low???? I mean other than trying to appeal to the people that are easily impressed, what's the point of rating an amp at 1k if it does 2k? I just don't get it. Chances are you're paying the same as a 2k, and if you're not, then it's a much better selling point to rate it a 2k and have it be cheap.
    Everybodies doin it ...aq3500.1 is 4300@1..marketing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    He already has a aq3500.1 ...wire it to .25 @rebelfromva ; clamped 5250 from his rising to .7
    Oh, yeah man, wire a little lower. If .25 is your only other option, then try it out. Better have some stout electrical. Also better only care about being loud. I'm willing to bet .25 sounds like crap, but depending on your setup, you might not be able to tell. Try it out before you upgrade. If you don't like it, get another AQ3500 and strap it man. Run gains lower if your subs cant handle it. It will still be cheaper than buying a whole new 5k.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybodies doin it ...aq3500.1 is 4300@1..marketing
    But they rate it at 4300. If you're comparing output to the name, that's dumb, because this is an updated version, and again, they rate it at 4300. And just because everyone's doing it doesn't mean it's not stupid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id rather my amp be underated than overrated ...exactly they updated the 3500 now it puts out 800 more but still called the 3500

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id rather my amp be underated than overrated ...exactly they updated the 3500 now it puts out 800 more but still called the 3500
    I agree, but it's still dumb. Rate it for what it does. Why should we have to guess and wait for someone to clamp it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There just rated at lower voltage. But when they are fed proper voltage, they are doing more power compared to other amps with quote in quote, "the same power" if that makes sense, I mean I understand and agree with you. But it's nice when you have under rated amps, you think your at 3 k but your getting more. Idk if this makes sense I'm super tired lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdc351jeferson View Post
    i know what a good 5k amp is but question i have is what about 2 crossfire c5 1700d's strapped? heard those things clamp 2500+rms all day . @TaylorFade ; or anyone clamp these to confirm .
    Doubt u will see much of.any gain over the aq

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There just rated at lower voltage. But when they are fed proper voltage, they are doing more power compared to other amps with quote in quote, "the same power" if that makes sense, I mean I understand and agree with you. But it's nice when you have under rated amps, you think your at 3 k but your getting more. Idk if this makes sense I'm super tired lol
    It makes sense. But if they're rated at a lower voltage, then I consider that "proper voltage" for that amp. And why rate at 12V? I mean rating at 14.4V either came because that's what a car does when on, or because you can get larger numbers on paper. I'm betting on the latter. Which makes it dumb. I'm just saying, it's all dumb, manufacturers should all get on the same fucking page. Give numbers for both 12V and 14.4V if that makes everyone happy. But don't make us as consumers fucking guess on what's actually going on.

It's marketing, it's business, I understand that. And that's why it won't change. This was just a buzzed rant by me

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast