Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sony Xplod 1000w 2 Channel

dcnorth is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sony Xplod 1000w 2 Channel

So I've had this amp for about 6 months and it has run my 2 12 inch infinity kappa perfects perfectly.

The other day I went for a drive and stopped at the gas station. I was not playing music loudly, I was with my girlfriend who hates loud music, so there is no way the amp got hot. I came back out and tried turning the music up a little bit and there was nothing but stock bass.

The amp is in power protection mode.

When I turn the car on it is green for about 5 seconds and the subs will push out, then the light goes red and everything stops. I have power going into the amp just fine, the remote start is also fine. It is well grounded, I've unhooked and rehooked the whole system numerous times.

No matter what I do I still get the red power protection. There amp is not pushing power out to my subs when the red light turns on, but when the green light is on for a few seconds it does.

Is my amp faulty?

Help?

-Dcnorth

dcnorth is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sony Xplod 1000w 2 Channel

Also, does anyone know how to remove the power protection? Can I rewire it internally?

sjv13 is offline StayStrange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

sounds like a bad amp. Warranty? If not, look around for a used amp here. I'm sure anything you get here used will sound better than your xplod amp.

Bigmann6374 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dcnorth View Post
    So I've had this amp for about 6 months and it has run my 2 12 inch infinity kappa perfects perfectly.

The other day I went for a drive and stopped at the gas station. I was not playing music loudly, I was with my girlfriend who hates loud music, so there is no way the amp got hot. I came back out and tried turning the music up a little bit and there was nothing but stock bass.

The amp is in power protection mode.

When I turn the car on it is green for about 5 seconds and the subs will push out, then the light goes red and everything stops. I have power going into the amp just fine, the remote start is also fine. It is well grounded, I've unhooked and rehooked the whole system numerous times.

No matter what I do I still get the red power protection. There amp is not pushing power out to my subs when the red light turns on, but when the green light is on for a few seconds it does.

Is my amp faulty?

Help?

-Dcnorth
    Check the subs itself to see what the ohm load is. Also unhook the speakers and turn the amp on again. if that does not work it might be a bad transistor sending the amp into protect. But #1 get rid of sony its garbage.

Closed Thread