Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

boston gt 2125 probs need help

I was going to set gain using a dmm earlier today and saw where they had the signal controls set to stereo instead of mono, so I went and switched it to mono, it still played just the same noticed beside signal it says for stereo l&r inputs and for mono l input only. but both inputs are in. also I saw where there was a switch for 12db stereo then 12 db mono then 24db mono it only plays on 12db stereo. the input wire looks to be one wire that forms into two and when i tried to unplug one or the other it just quit playing. any ideas how to have this thing set for mono its wired right for speaker output though

Hookedup12 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Re: boston gt 2125 probs need help

i just went back outside and unplugged my gt rsl remote and it started playing in mono mode? but as soon as i switch it back on it cuts off and will only play on stereo

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

hell i guess ill just leave the remote unhooked i dont know what the **** is goin on

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

self convo commence

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hookedup12 View Post
    I was going to set gain using a dmm earlier today and saw where they had the signal controls set to stereo instead of mono, so I went and switched it to mono, it still played just the same noticed beside signal it says for stereo l&r inputs and for mono l input only. but both inputs are in. also I saw where there was a switch for 12db stereo then 12 db mono then 24db mono it only plays on 12db stereo. the input wire looks to be one wire that forms into two and when i tried to unplug one or the other it just quit playing. any ideas how to have this thing set for mono its wired right for speaker output though
    The question is, does your stereo send a mono or stereo signal on its left and right subwoofer pre-amp out? This is an important question. Some people think that "mono" and "sub" out are synonymous, but it's not true. There are head units that can only send stereo signal on their subwoofer outs, others send mono signal, and then yet others allow you to select if you want to send stereo or mono signal on subwoofer outs.

If your head unit sends stereo, then select stereo on the boston acoustics amp. What this does is that the amplifier will add left and right signal since in the end you have just one output device in bridged mode. On the other hand, if your head unit sends mono on both channels, then it seems like Boston Acoustics wants you to switch to mono mode, and use only one cable, which seems logical.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    The question is, does your stereo send a mono or stereo signal on its left and right subwoofer pre-amp out? This is an important question. Some people think that "mono" and "sub" out are synonymous, but it's not true. There are head units that can only send stereo signal on their subwoofer outs, others send mono signal, and then yet others allow you to select if you want to send stereo or mono signal on subwoofer outs.

If your head unit sends stereo, then select stereo on the boston acoustics amp. What this does is that the amplifier will add left and right signal since in the end you have just one output device in bridged mode. On the other hand, if your head unit sends mono on both channels, then it seems like Boston Acoustics wants you to switch to mono mode, and use only one cable, which seems logical.
    I have a kenwood excelon Kdc-x395 how can I tell what signal it gives out and am I losing anything by having it stereo vs mono?? They both work and sound the same when the gain remote is unplugged only when it's in will it not play 12db mono. When it is plugged in I can still play it on a mono signal I just have to put it on 12db stereo to hear anything???

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hookedup12 View Post
    I have a kenwood excelon Kdc-x395 how can I tell what signal it gives out and am I losing anything by having it stereo vs mono?? They both work and sound the same when the gain remote is unplugged only when it's in will it not play 12db mono. When it is plugged in I can still play it on a mono signal I just have to put it on 12db stereo to hear anything???
    The difference can be very subtle. After all, bass content is supposedly recorded in mono (same signal left and right), although I wouldn't count on that being the case with all records. Once I asked this question to Kenwood, and they told me that X994 has stereo signal on sub out. Even if it was mono, connecting both wires to amplifier, and switching the amp to stereo should not hurt anything.

Closed Thread