Closed Thread

Reload Thread: ZX2500.1 too much power for W7s?

dom1013 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ZX2500.1 too much power for W7s?

Do you think it will be too much for 2 12 W7s ported(built to spec) wired to 1.5 ohms?

I've heard of them being underrated #1 , #2 I'm going a tad bit under 2-ohm(vc read at 2.8 actually).

If I was going to over power them I definitely needed it to be good, clean power. Hardest part is I can get the zx2500.1 for under $400 brand new.

Other options:

T1500 bdcp
    DD M3a

Let me know fellas!

*note* I just heard them the other day in a vehicle with (2) jl 1000s. PERFECT! But I'm not spending $1200 in amps. Tight budget.

04-Saturn Ion Redline / Nations Electric 270alt /XS BATTS / BXi2610 / Konaki Motor w/PSI recone
    10-BMW 328xi / Strapped BRZ2100s / AQ HDC4 12

blobb454 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Re: ZX2500.1 too much power for W7s?

Quote Originally Posted by dom1013 View Post
    Do you think it will be too much for 2 12 W7s ported(built to spec) wired to 1.5 ohms?

I've heard of them being underrated #1 , #2 I'm going a tad bit under 2-ohm(vc read at 2.8 actually).

If I was going to over power them I definitely needed it to be good, clean power. Hardest part is I can get the zx2500.1 for under $400 brand new.

Other options:

T1500 bdcp
    DD M3a

Let me know fellas!

*note* I just heard them the other day in a vehicle with (2) jl 1000s. PERFECT! But I'm not spending $1200 in amps. Tight budget.
    No I don't think it's to much power. Just make sure you adjust accordingly. Watch bass level settings. Really watch the gain setting and watch that amp for a less than 2 ohm load. Mixed emotions as If the amp will hold lesser than 2. Some will and some won't. You won't know until you try...

Quote Originally Posted by kpetree View Post
    I feel like you're a waste of your mothers stretch marks, better luck finding your gf next season. Fck off, post dump somewhere else.

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

You can always back down the gain a bit to maintain your equipment for a long time. Remember under-working an amp is a great thing.

Stupid Loud.

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

That would be a perfect match.

PM me where you can find the kicker for that price please bro..

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

dom1013 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blobb454 View Post
    No I don't think it's to much power. Just make sure you adjust accordingly. Watch bass level settings. Really watch the gain setting and watch that amp for a less than 2 ohm load. Mixed emotions as If the amp will hold lesser than 2. Some will and some won't. You won't know until you try...
    Yea I pretty much agree with you. The gains will definitely be tuned perfectly, probably with the new smd tool. The greatest thing about the kenwood unit is the sub gain at the head unit goes up to +10 but down to like -25! That nuts but its almost like they designed for situations like this. From what I read on multiple occasions also, they've been pushed and played faithfully under 2 ohms without an issue. I'm thinking the little 1.5 will been fine. We'll see how this goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    You can always back down the gain a bit to maintain your equipment for a long time. Remember under-working an amp is a great thing.
    Yea, it looks like this gain will be pretty much at its minimum setting to keep clipping under control
    Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    That would be a perfect match.

PM me where you can find the kicker for that price please bro..
    I hope it'd be a perfect match as well, sounds good on paper, gotta make it a reality! haha & the pricing is through a friend who works a company that endorses kicker. I'll see if there's a limit to what he can get for me.

I appreciate that input fellas!

04-Saturn Ion Redline / Nations Electric 270alt /XS BATTS / BXi2610 / Konaki Motor w/PSI recone
    10-BMW 328xi / Strapped BRZ2100s / AQ HDC4 12

Closed Thread