Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: I want 1500 rms @ 3 ohms.

T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Re: I want 1500 rms @ 3 ohms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirdgen View Post
    I see you quoted my original post but you failed to read it.
    Fuck off hombre. I read you cry for help, I gave you a suggestion. You're obviously in the market for an expensive amp, and good amps are able to handle loads down to .5 and below, so wiring to .75 isn't an issue. You're creating road blocks for yourself. The amp will be less expensive and give you the same performance.

Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

TitoThePirate is offline Newb Nuthugger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

people need to stop worrying about overpowering a sub, if you know how an amp works, you could run a Sundown NS1 to a Kicker Comp and be just fine.

Mythirdgen is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic. View Post
    Wire it to 3 ohms and power it with the JL Audio HD1200/1(1200 watts rms @ 11V-14.5v).
    HD is their new line right? I heard people complain about the RIPS tech. I don't even know what that is.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Fuck off hombre. I read you cry for help, I gave you a suggestion. You're obviously in the market for an expensive amp, and good amps are able to handle loads down to .5 and below, so wiring to .75 isn't an issue. You're creating road blocks for yourself. The amp will be less expensive and give you the same performance.
    Thanks for the suggestion but if I said "I don't want a hifonics amp" and you "suggest" a hifonics amp then I can only draw the conclusion that you can't read. Hombre.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Thanks for the suggestion but if I said "I don't want a hifonics amp" and you "suggest" a hifonics amp then I can only draw the conclusion that you can't read. Hombre.
    Do you even have a legitimate reason for not wanting to wire down lower? Plenty of people wire sub 1 ohm for daily, with no issues.

Sonic. is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HD is their new line right? I heard people complain about the RIPS tech. I don't even know what that is.
    Not new, its been around, the slash v3 is the newer line. The have the 1200 slash v3 which does the same power as the hd, I have not herd about that complain you mentioned.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you even have a legitimate reason for not wanting to wire down lower? Plenty of people wire sub 1 ohm for daily, with no issues.
    I'm lazy. It came wired in the box and I already had to take it apart once just to fit it in my trunk. I want something that I can just plug and play. I have wires. I have a sub in a box with speaker wire coming out of the box. I just want something to connect the 2 without too much hassle. I don't have meters and all that professional stuff and I don't plan to buy all that since I know there's other options. And to be completely honest (if you couldn't tell already) I don't know that much about electronics in general. I can hook stuff up but don't know anything about resistance, amps, volts and all that stuff. That's why I came to a board with people that know what they are talking about.

Sonic. is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Run the HD 1200 @ 3 ohms and you will be fine !

GreekBrotha8 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm lazy. It came wired in the box and I already had to take it apart once just to fit it in my trunk. I want something that I can just plug and play. I have wires. I have a sub in a box with speaker wire coming out of the box. I just want something to connect the 2 without too much hassle. I don't have meters and all that professional stuff and I don't plan to buy all that since I know there's other options. And to be completely honest (if you couldn't tell already) I don't know that much about electronics in general. I can hook stuff up but don't know anything about resistance, amps, volts and all that stuff. That's why I came to a board with people that know what they are talking about.
    Bro its super easy to wire in parallel. Just run a positive and a negative from each voice coil into the negative and positive inputs on your amp and you're done! Tons of online diagrams and stuff.

GreekBrotha8 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Bro its super easy to wire in parallel. Just run a positive and a negative from each voice coil into the negative and positive inputs on your amp and you're done! Tons of online diagrams and stuff.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright everyone. Lets say I've narrowed it down to the JL HD1200 and the Rockford t1500. Is the jl worth the little bit extra? It's only a couple hundred bucks which I'd be willing to spend just so everything matches but.... Does the t1500 have anything significant over the JL?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

... so you're too lazy to get a drill/screwdriver, take your sub out for 5 minutes, follow a wiring diagram (http://www.carstereo.com/help/images...g_parallel.gif) and put it back in? you need exactly one tool.

you realize that in that 5 minutes, you saved yourself around 200-400 dollars, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

... so you're too lazy to get a drill/screwdriver, take your sub out for 5 minutes, follow a wiring diagram (http://www.carstereo.com/help/images...g_parallel.gif) and put it back in? you need exactly one tool.

you realize that in that 5 minutes, you saved yourself around 200-400 dollars, right?

14. Likes GreekBrotha8 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreekBrotha8 View Post
    I know how to do it. I just don't want to. Like I said, I'm lazy.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Correct. I'd rather pay someone. If I was that worried about price then I'd have pyramid subs.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast