Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Audioque vs. Digital Designs

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Re: Audioque vs. Digital Designs

I think DD is selling out, going to mainstream. Especially when it comes to being dealers. People that we used to work with all quit (the good guys) and now they want a buy in for a dealer because no one has the money to buy it.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

gramser57 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DD amps are meant to be most efficient at 12volts thats why they always rate their amps at 12volts, where most companies rate their amps at 14.4.

B16 SE-R

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I think DD is selling out, going to mainstream. Especially when it comes to being dealers. People that we used to work with all quit (the good guys) and now they want a buy in for a dealer because no one has the money to buy it.
    There is far more to what went on with all the employees then DD trying to "sell out".

As for how they are going about the dealer network, it is similar to what they did before actually. While dealer contracts have changed along with their "policies" again, the larger issue was the fall out of the dealer network after the sales staff left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

That because the new sales staff sucks

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

DJL
    DJL is offline Owner, Audioque

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

AQ's subs are built in China with Chinese parts, With the exception of the Aluminum coils on the HDC4 series which are built in the USA and shipped to China. We are one of the very few companies that are upfront about where our subs are built. That's why I insert the letter C in the sub models. Our amps are built in South Korea. We are able to source top quality parts in China with the exception of the Aluminum coils which we source in America. China is not much different then the USA when it comes to quality sub parts, you get what you pay for. We are a factory direct to enduser company and do not advertise or wish to be dealer based. Dealer markups and advertising account for over 50 percent of the price you pay for dealer based products. Our business plan allows us to use the best parts and production methods available and sell at affordable prices.

6. Thanks supereikenator, cleansoundzz thanked for this post
    Likes cleansoundzz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJL View Post
    AQ's subs are built in China with Chinese parts, With the exception of the Aluminum coils on the HDC4 series which are built in the USA and shipped to China. We are one of the very few companies that are upfront about where our subs are built. That's why I insert the letter C in the sub models. Our amps are built in South Korea. We are able to source top quality parts in China with the exception of the Aluminum coils which we source in America. China is not much different then the USA when it comes to quality sub parts, you get what you pay for. We are a factory direct to enduser company and do not advertise or wish to be dealer based. Dealer markups and advertising account for over 50 percent of the price you pay for dealer based products. Our business plan allows us to use the best parts and production methods available and sell at affordable prices.
    I love AQ, but I only have one question: why in the hell did the name get changed to Sound Qubed? That has to be the worst name, in my opinion.

murph is offline Low for Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

You guys should definitely get a vendor on this site. Your amps sell like hot cakes on here because of their pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I love AQ, but I only have one question: why in the hell did the name get changed to Sound Qubed? That has to be the worst name, in my opinion.
    I agree, I remember reading about it not being able to be a registered trademark or something because other companies have the name.

Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

AQ/SQ would be welcome to have a vendor section here, I'm sure "DJ" would do well over here as he did over on caco and smd, but if I recall they decided to not "market" the brand much.

As for the name, there was an issue with Audio Quest causing AudioQue to change their name do to legal setbacks. I have heard rumors that another wiring company was not exactly happy with the current name choice, but I'm not sure how that will breakdown over the years to come.

DJL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

We had the Audioque domain name for over 10 years with no problems. We then decided to "trade mark" our Audioque name and "Audioquest" who manufactures cables contested our use of Audioque and sued us. Long story short our attornies advised us that we could probably win in court but it would cost us a couple of hundred thousand to do so. I made the decision to change the name to Soundqubed which we could "trademark" with no problems. No one liked "Audioque" at first either. Nothing else has changed. We spent that money we would have spent defending our Audioque brand on new product developement which you will see in the not to distant future.

11. Likes BlurredVision, JoeK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

We had the Audioque domain name for over 10 years with no problems. We then decided to "trade mark" our Audioque name and "Audioquest" who manufactures cables contested our use of Audioque and sued us. Long story short our attornies advised us that we could probably win in court but it would cost us a couple of hundred thousand to do so. I made the decision to change the name to Soundqubed which we could "trademark" with no problems. No one liked "Audioque" at first either. Nothing else has changed. We spent that money we would have spent defending our Audioque brand on new product developement which you will see in the not to distant future.
    That's a good answer, I just wouldn't put SQ on the subs...

cleansoundzz is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am wondering if AQ is selling their older stock at discount for newer amps with SQ on the front of the case. I hope DJ can chime in.

02 4-Runner-Alpe CDE-HD148BT-Acntrl 3.2, Epictr, JL XD 400/4 V2 on Crssfre Sprates-SQ Q1 2200.1D on RF T1 15 @ 34hz
    90 300zx-Alpe CDE-147BT-Acntrl 3.1, Epictr, Alpe PDR F50 on Crssfre Separates-Alpe PDR M65 on NVX XQW104 @35hz

REFERENCES: BEATNOUTDAFRAME, VIVEET, CX-7HEAVEN, GMAN42, SUNDOWNZ, ZERMELO, M3NTAL, GAM3OVR, HEMI=22s, PROJECTPECKIN, KRISFNBZ, WHEELIEKING71, MR. RONIN-2U, ROBERTQ, DJM4RSHM21LOW, BLACKBONNIE, GYMFREAK101, STUCKINOK, SIACARMAN, ONEINTHESAC, 97SRAD750, ETC AND MANY MANY MORE[/FONT]
    Formerly cleansoundz

DJL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

[QUOTE=cleansoundz;8285620]I am wondering if AQ is selling their older stock at discount for newer amps with SQ on the front of the case. I hope DJ can chime in.[/QUOTE

We are having a 20% off sale on all the remaining AQ branded amps with free shipping in the lower 48.

15. Likes USAMPFREAK liked this post
    blakgtp is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=DJL;8285774]
    Quote Originally Posted by cleansoundz View Post
    I am wondering if AQ is selling their older stock at discount for newer amps with SQ on the front of the case. I hope DJ can chime in.[/QUOTE

We are having a 20% off sale on all the remaining AQ branded amps with free shipping in the lower 48.
    I was looking at buying an amp from your site, but I live in canada. when i put the shipping address to canada and clicked "refresh shipping charges" it still said free shipping? is this a mistake . how much will the shipping/duties be?

Mboyle1145 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

AQ amps are awesome. I would recommend getting one especially with the sale.

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5" lift 35" tires
    Sub HDC3 12 dual 1
    Amp Aq1200d run at .5 ohms, Alpine Mrp F300
    Speakers Aq 6X9
    Box 2.75 net tuned to 33 htz made by Starr Mountain Sound
    Stinger 4 gauge wire
    Audio Technix 0 gauge big 3
    142.0 DB

JoeK is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

My AQ2200D runs .7 and has been through a car accident and still works with drops to 12.8 full tilt

** NEW VEHICLE AND BUILD ** 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
    2x SPLAudio DAD BD 12s
    2x SK-1500.1s
    Box 5 cubes @ 29hz
    XS Power D3100 & D2400
    Tenney 270A
    4x PowerBass 3xl 6.5s
    Clarion CZ702

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast