Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Amp Advice

Hi guys I'm actually new to this forum.

I'm trying to change up my old piece of s*** sub/amp..

I currently have 4 Infinity Reference 6032cf ii speakers, that I definitely don't want to change at this moment.

I'm looking to buy RE Audio SRX12D4 subwoofer. It should do the job since I have a very small car. A 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door.

I wanted to see if you guys could give me some good advice at what I should be looking at so that everything sounds nice and clean. I know I'm probably looking at a 5 channel amp.

Thanks!

cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Re: Amp Advice

Quote Originally Posted by bassrock3r View Post

I currently have 4 Infinity Reference 6032cf ii speakers, that I definitely don't want to change at this moment.

I'm looking to buy RE Audio SRX12D4 subwoofer. It should do the job since I have a very small car. A 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door.

I wanted to see if you guys could give me some good advice at what I should be looking at so that everything sounds nice and clean. I know I'm probably looking at a 5 channel amp.

Thanks!
    I would try to find a better sub than that... If you don't have the money for a better one yet save up... you don't need a 5 channel amp.. a 4 channel and a mono amp will work good. If you give a price point you want to stay under that would help alot.

2007 Chevy Impala LT
    HU: Clarion CZ500 Front Speakers: CDT HD6.1
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

bassrock3r is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyn View Post
    I would try to find a better sub than that... If you don't have the money for a better one yet save up... you don't need a 5 channel amp.. a 4 channel and a mono amp will work good. If you give a price point you want to stay under that would help alot.
    I have a friend who actually has that sub. It's enough for what im looking for. Well I'm kinda looking at $300-400 for everything. I'm going to build my own box for it.

cyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

I have a friend who actually has that sub. It's enough for what im looking for. Well I'm kinda looking at $300-400 for everything. I'm going to build my own box for it.
    If you are dead set on that sub you need around 400watts for the sub @2ohms.. I wouldn't throw more than that at it.
    or 300watts if you want to stay in the rms range. what is the rms on the components ?

2007 Chevy Impala LT
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

cyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

FS: Arc Xdi805

This will work good for your setup..

2007 Chevy Impala LT

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

If you are dead set on that sub you need around 400watts for the sub @2ohms.. I wouldn't throw more than that at it.
    or 300watts if you want to stay in the rms range. what is the rms on the components ?
    The sub has 300w Rms. So what you said before I'd need a 4 channel amp and a 1 channel amp.. 4 would be for the speakers and other for the amp right?

cyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

The sub has 300w Rms. So what you said before I'd need a 4 channel amp and a 1 channel amp.. 4 would be for the speakers and other for the amp right?
    The 4 channel will be for the components... the Mono "1" channel amp for the sub... but Look at the amp I posted up thats for sale for like 275$ shipped.. good little amp for what you have.. and within the budget you said.. also, If that sub is not new, don't give more than 60-75$ for it.. new they are 95$

2007 Chevy Impala LT

8. Thanks bassrock3r thanked for this post
    Likes bassrock3r liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

The 4 channel will be for the components... the Mono "1" channel amp for the sub... but Look at the amp I posted up thats for sale for like 275$ shipped.. good little amp for what you have.. and within the budget you said.. also, If that sub is not new, don't give more than 60-75$ for it.. new they are 95$
    could you post the link on here please?

cyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

could you post the link on here please?
    FS: Arc Xdi805
    ^^^click on it.

2007 Chevy Impala LT

mclerico83 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    832 Post(s)

yes or a 4 channel alone to save room with this

Phoenix Gold Tantrum 600 4 4 Channel Car Amplifier | eBay

Phoenix Gold Tantrum 600 4 4 Channel Car Amplifier | eBay

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Thanks!
    Note that the infinity reference speakers have something like 2-3 ohm nominal impedance, which can be harder on the amplifier, specially during summer months. I'd suggest to look into a Class D amplifier, such as Alpine MRX-V70 or Polk Audio D5000.5 Alpine MRX-V70 may not be the most powerful (though MRX amp are normally underrated by ~20%), but it's one of the cleanest amplifiers around as has been confirmed by numerous tests. It's also relatively small and efficient, so it should run reasonably cool. The subwoofer channel easily does >300watts. If you want a bit more power, consider Polk Audio Class-D amplifier D5000.5, another good performer. RE SRX12 is a good subwoofer, specially if you want a subwoofer with low qtc for a compact box (e.g. 1cu ft). It did fine for my music tastes on meager 200-250watts. The 300watt RMS rating has got to be its thermal rating, as its linear excursion of 18mm will be reached probably with double of that watt amount. (I think RE SRX and SE/x subwoofers as well as possibly other models are good subwoofers for the money. it's just a new fad on this web site to hate on RE gear because they "sold out". )

13. Thanks bassrock3r thanked for this post
    Likes bassrock3r liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Note that the infinity reference speakers have something like 2-3 ohm nominal impedance, which can be harder on the amplifier, specially during summer months. I'd suggest to look into a Class D amplifier, such as Alpine MRX-V70 or Polk Audio D5000.5 Alpine MRX-V70 may not be the most powerful (though MRX amp are normally underrated by ~20%), but it's one of the cleanest amplifiers around as has been confirmed by numerous tests. It's also relatively small and efficient, so it should run reasonably cool. The subwoofer channel easily does >300watts. If you want a bit more power, consider Polk Audio Class-D amplifier D5000.5, another good performer. RE SRX12 is a good subwoofer, specially if you want a subwoofer with low qtc for a compact box (e.g. 1cu ft). It did fine for my music tastes on meager 200-250watts. The 300watt RMS rating has got to be its thermal rating, as its linear excursion of 18mm will be reached probably with double of that watt amount. (I think RE SRX and SE/x subwoofers as well as possibly other models are good subwoofers for the money. it's just a new fad on this web site to hate on RE gear because they "sold out". )
    Thank you so much for that.
    Yes the infinity reference speakers have 2 ohm impedance.
    Should I be looking at a 4 channel amp and then a mono amp for the sub or a 5 channel? I see that both of these are in my price range.

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

It depends up to you if you're willing to spend more money and accept additional complexity of the installation for the sake of running more power to speakers. I personally wouldn't mind working with a 5-channel amp if the rest of speakers are well matched to it (e.g. relatively high sensitivity speakers and a subwoofer, perhaps in ported box). Neither the Infinity Reference speakers nor that RE SRX subwoofer really need a significantly more powerful amp than say an Alpine MRX or Polk Audio 5-channel but mono amplifier could be handy if you were to upgrade subwoofer or speakers to something with more power handling in future.

16. Thanks bassrock3r thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    It depends up to you if you're willing to spend more money and accept additional complexity of the installation for the sake of running more power to speakers. I personally wouldn't mind working with a 5-channel amp if the rest of speakers are well matched to it (e.g. relatively high sensitivity speakers and a subwoofer, perhaps in ported box). Neither the Infinity Reference speakers nor that RE SRX subwoofer really need a significantly more powerful amp than say an Alpine MRX or Polk Audio 5-channel but mono amplifier could be handy if you were to upgrade subwoofer or speakers to something with more power handling in future.
    Will this amp Polk Audio PA D5000.5 work good with subwoofer, RE Audio SRX12D4?

Closed Thread