Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Memphis 4k fuse

What size in like fuse should I use?
    4000 watts rms at 1 ohm.
    Supposedly kinda power hungry. Idk.
    What ya think?

01 Silverado 2500hd (gasser. :/)
    Four custom mmats juggernaut 12's. (For sale, or trade for guy stuff or a 2k amp + cash.)
    Amp undecided..?

Bought from: Jayzbent, mylows10, logan527, Timmy13091, wingsfreak9, Underfire
    Traded with: mylows10(x2), knowmadic
    Sold to: 03silverado03, foomanchu, heel4lyfe, Timmy13091, wErd

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Memphis 4k fuse

2 power terminals on that right? Go with 150A each, play it conservative. If you blow those from daily play, just move up to 200A. Better to under-fuse than over-fuse. This is right before the amp you're talking right?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

NASTY08IMPALA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You fuse for the wire capacity not the amp

4. Thanks TaylorFade thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    You fuse for the wire capacity not the amp
    Sure, on your long runs, you're correct. But there's a reason why every manufacturer lists a fuse rating.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Sure, on your long runs, you're correct. But there's a reason why every manufacturer lists a fuse rating.
    I run all 300a fuses everywhere on my aq3500. long runs and both short runs from back battery bank to both imputs on amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run all 300a fuses everywhere on my aq3500. long runs and both short runs from back battery bank to both imputs on amp
    You are over-fused sir.

Although I guess I don't know exactly how balanced those inputs are in terms of drawing power. I doubt they would draw exactly equal. That would be a test I would like to see. @TaylorFade ; have you ever tested that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are over-fused sir.

Although I guess I don't know exactly how balanced those inputs are in terms of drawing power. I doubt they would draw exactly equal. That would be a test I would like to see. @TaylorFade ; have you ever tested that?
    Nope dont care i only fuse bc i have to for meca ..my install is sound enough to run no fuses

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope dont care i only fuse bc i have to for meca ..my install is sound enough to run no fuses
    Fair enough. Never understood why someone wouldn't run fuses though. Just plain dumb IMO. And yes, I understand that good installs don't need them. But this isn't a perfect world, shit happen. Personally I would rather have a $3 fuse burn than my car. But again, just my opinion, and I don't really matter in the end

jhayar251987 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree for me i go for over ratings fuse for the safety protections of may amp...you can chose from 100A down...din observ...if keeps on blowing go for 100 to 150A obser again..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fuse is to protect the wire not the amp

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Thats why you fuse for capability of.wire os what ive always understood .and been told by many ppl on here

jhayar251987 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow it is my first time to hear the use of fuse is to protect the wire..in that case use bigger wire disrecard the fuse...useless...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most 1/0 ofc carries 300a @20ft

garretttt4 is online now big pimpin

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 power terminals on that right? Go with 150A each, play it conservative. If you blow those from daily play, just move up to 200A. Better to under-fuse than over-fuse. This is right before the amp you're talking right?
    nope single inputs. gunna have to try and find some dual inputs that work. the only ones iv found dont come out far enough and they will hit the endcap.... so for runs to batts in the back, when i get ofc just fuse each run to 300 amps? then fuse like 350 inbetween the batts to the amps? or what size to the amp? only gunna be like 5 feet from batts to amps...

Four custom mmats juggernaut 12's. (For sale, or trade for guy stuff or a 2k amp + cash.)
    Amp undecided..?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garretttt4 View Post
    nope single inputs. gunna have to try and find some dual inputs that work. the only ones iv found dont come out far enough and they will hit the endcap.... so for runs to batts in the back, when i get ofc just fuse each run to 300 amps? then fuse like 350 inbetween the batts to the amps? or what size to the amp? only gunna be like 5 feet from batts to amps...
    Never fuse any single wire of OFC greater than 300A as a general rule, with some exceptions. Could probably get away with more in shorter runs, but personally I would not chance it. So yeah, runs from front to back 300A. If you're running a single wire to the amp, I'd fuse it at 300A. You might be able to go up to 350A if you happen to blow it when pushing it, depending on the rating of the wire. See if you can find specs on shorter lengths of the wire you are using, or email the company to see what they rate a 5ft piece at. If you find dual inputs (toolmaker FTW) then I'd start with 150A-200A on each. Just what I would do.

garretttt4 is online now big pimpin

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never fuse any single wire of OFC greater than 300A as a general rule, with some exceptions. Could probably get away with more in shorter runs, but personally I would not chance it. So yeah, runs from front to back 300A. If you're running a single wire to the amp, I'd fuse it at 300A. You might be able to go up to 350A if you happen to blow it when pushing it, depending on the rating of the wire. See if you can find specs on shorter lengths of the wire you are using, or email the company to see what they rate a 5ft piece at. If you find dual inputs (toolmaker FTW) then I'd start with 150A-200A on each. Just what I would do.
    ok thx. yeah i was on toolmaker but they come out and go sideways but they dont go out far enough if you can see that in the pic, and they will hit the casing, They have to be angled too.
    http://toolmakermetalworkz.com/ccdat...geMain_0_9.png

Amp undecided..?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast