Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Upgrade Advice

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Upgrade Advice

Currently have a DC 2.0k. Should I get another and strap them, or sell it and get a single 3.5k-4k? The single amp would probably be the more expensive option, which will influence my decision. For single larger ones, looking at the Sundown SAZ3500v.2, AQ3500D.1, or B2 Zero1.

Also would like to know if anyone has experience with two 2k's strapped and a single 3.5-4k, specifically about efficiency. Theoretically the two 2.0k's will draw more power, making the little bit extra for a single better amp worth it IMO. Just hoping someone has experience with that.

Powered by a DC 270A alt and appropriate amount of batteries (TBD), pushing two Zv.4's. Spring build, looking for ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

DB-Audio is offline Syko DJ music producer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Upgrade Advice

Personally I think a single amp is better but a second amp would be better for your wallet

2001 Honda Civic EX
    power acoustik 8" over sized touch screen
    doors Stock
    1- Atmos Audio 18
    1- Audiopipe 1000d mini @2 ohms
    Electrical stock for now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl_ardHXEkg"]My old System
    http://www.myspace.com/sykodjthereal"]If you Need Beats click this
    http://www.carstereoforum.net"]http://www.carstereoforum.net

B-Sh0t is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

B2 Zero1.

hendinh488 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

up up up chĂșc m?ng nam m?i

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hendinh488 View Post
    up up up chĂșc m?ng nam m?i
    Cool story bro.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

Hey Gil. We did a pair of saz 1500 s at .7 strapped rising to 1.6 ohms and was getting a 150 at 37 hertz so it can be done if you want. I personally like doing 2 amps strapped my self. I did 2 xta 5000 strapped @ .7 In my s10 a couple of years back it was nasty loud my next big build will be 2 amps for subs as well I just had better power and scores going that way
    Hit me up if you want another dc 2.0 supplies are very low right now so you better not wait long if you wanna go that way

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    Hey Gil. We did a pair of saz 1500 s at .7 strapped rising to 1.6 ohms and was getting a 150 at 37 hertz so it can be done if you want. I personally like doing 2 amps strapped my self. I did 2 xta 5000 strapped @ .7 In my s10 a couple of years back it was nasty loud my next big build will be 2 amps for subs as well I just had better power and scores going that way
    Hit me up if you want another dc 2.0 supplies are very low right now so you better not wait long if you wanna go that way
    Have you ever tried strapped and then a bigger amp on the same sub setup? This will be daily off a 270A alt, so I'm looking for greater efficiency. Electrical will cost more than the difference of an amp I think. And I'm not looking to buy now, not building until the spring, plus I want to get my front stage squared away well. Lookin to offload that 175.4 and pick up a Leviathan . But I will hit you up if/when I decide on something. When you thinkin more amps will be comin in? But mostly just lookin to get ideas and opinions now.

Could you PM me a price on the Zero1's? I think you did before but I don't have it anymore

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

Yea coming

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

strapped at 2ohm for daily and .5ohm for burps is what I'd do.

Single 270xp and 2-3 G31 batts will be fine, my son runs that electrical with 2 AQ2200's and drops to 13.6 on low notes. Stays above 14v on 40Hz and higher stuff...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    strapped at 2ohm for daily and .5ohm for burps is what I'd do.

Single 270xp and 2-3 G31 batts will be fine, my son runs that electrical with 2 AQ2200's and drops to 13.6 on low notes. Stays above 14v on 40Hz and higher stuff...
    Won't be competing more than likely, going to be a good install with fiberglass, not something I will change soon. Daily build. So if I am going strapped, 2 ohms it is. When you say 2-3 G31's, that in the back in addition to the front battery? Thinking D3400 size up front and then one, probably two D3100's out back. Probably start with one and see what it looks like, but I'm really paranoid about voltage.

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Won't be competing more than likely, going to be a good install with fiberglass, not something I will change soon. Daily build. So if I am going strapped, 2 ohms it is. When you say 2-3 G31's, that in the back in addition to the front battery? Thinking D3400 size up front and then one, probably two D3100's out back. Probably start with one and see what it looks like, but I'm really paranoid about voltage.
    That would work, but personally I won't waste $$$ on xs batts....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    That would work, but personally I won't waste $$$ on xs batts....
    Reason? What do you recommend?

Closed Thread