Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: CEA-2006 compliancy

Beatin' is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

CEA-2006 compliancy

I notice that while surfing the threads in this forum, I see many people seem to prefer non-compliant amps.

Why? If that non compliant brand is so good, why don't they just become compliant to the CEA standard to show legitimacy?

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Re: CEA-2006 compliancy

What brands are you reffering to

REFS alot

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

cea compliant means nothing ,just to let you know .

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

will3 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cost money to become cea compliant , its a cost many or most high end companys don't feel they need to have ,when companys like sundown , dd , crossfire , IA , Mmats to name few have better rating systems than the cea 2006 is anyway
    It is more useful to companys like audiopipe and maxxsonics and the budget amplifiers like rf prime series , kicker dx line , kenwood kac , etc
    Cea2006 is 14.4v @1% thd @ 4 ohm, a good example is crossfire rates there bmf/c5line @12.5v and there budget c3 line @13.8v

5. Thanks kushy_dreams thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    cea compliant means nothing ,just to let you know .
    How does it mean "nothing"? I saw a youtube video of somebody testing a kicker amp and an unnamed non-compliant amp with a DMM that has a oscilliscope. The kicker amp was getting the wattage RMS it was rated for at 2ohms. The other amp couldn't even get its 4ohm rating at 2ohms, it was clipping the signal so bad. So why the hell would I ever bother with non compliant amps?

I also don't understand how it costs a company money to be compliant. Does the CEA charge money for a company to have the label on their products, etc?
    Last edited by Beatin'; 12-29-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: spelling

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    How does it mean "nothing"? I saw a youtube video of somebody testing a kicker amp and an unnamed non-compliant amp with a DMM that has a oscilliscope. The kicker amp was getting the wattage RMS it was rated for at 2ohms. The other amp couldn't even get its 4ohm rating at 2ohms, it was clipping the signal so bad. So why the hell would I ever bother with non compliant amps?

I also don't understand how it costs a company money to be compliant. Does the CEA charge money or a company to have the label on their products, etc?
    What was the other brand of amp? I'm guessing it was a low quality amp. The amps we discuss on here are tested by the company, as well as tested by members. We know which ones will put out rated power or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I also don't understand how it costs a company money to be compliant. Does the CEA charge money or a company to have the label on their products, etc?
    The amp they put the kicker against was probably flea market garbage. Legitimate companies don't need cea compliancy to sell a product.

REFS alot

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    What was the other brand of amp? I'm guessing it was a low quality amp. The amps we discuss on here are tested by the company, as well as tested by members. We know which ones will put out rated power or higher.
    ^^^^^^this ^^^^^^^ and as a rep for a couple of non compliant companies,i can tell you that the amps i'm talking about will walk and stomp all over that kicker amp any day .

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dtrom View Post
    The amp they put the kicker against was probably flea market garbage. Legitimate companies don't need cea compliancy to sell a product.
    The average guy doesn't know what's legitimate and what's not. Even if a company makes a great amp, why WOULDN'T they abide by CEA standards to show the average consumer that their brand is to be trusted? Since your product is so good, what harm is there to be compliant and show the potential consumer the products legitimacy and possibly attract more people?

Mr.G6 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I notice that while surfing the threads in this forum, I see many people seem to prefer non-compliant amps.

Why? If that non compliant brand is so good, why don't they just become compliant to the CEA standard to show legitimacy?

well 99% of the amps you see that are cea complaint are made in china ( jbl kicker rockford mtx hifonics has cea rated amps too...etc) all made in china
    the good amps that everyone leans towards like crescendo sundown audioque etc are KOREAN made..just better quality parts all around (hence y they cost more)
    and honestly ive never see a korean amp not do rated

will3 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also don't understand how it costs a company money to be compliant. Does the CEA charge money for a company to have the label on their products, etc?
    So you saw a video on youtube ?
    Yes it cost money and you have to be a member of there little club as well
    Who do you think decided on this so called standard and it was created to sell amplifiers and speakers (cea2031 which is also a joke) not to benefit the consumer
    Stick around and lose the attitude and you can learn a lot from some of the guys on here
    Not trying to be an *** honestly just a friendly piece of advice

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I see what your saying.

REFS alot

nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by will3 View Post
    So you saw a video on youtube ?
    Yes it cost money and you have to be a member of there little club as well
    Who do you think decided on this so called standard and it was created to sell amplifiers and speakers (cea2031 which is also a joke) not to benefit the consumer
    Stick around and lose the attitude and you can learn a lot from some of the guys on here
    Not trying to be an *** honestly just a friendly piece of advice
    this^right here,its so much better to hear real world experience on a given product then read a piece of paper,every one i know has done this as to a decision on what they buy,listening to others that have the amps they are interested in and what they think of them,i chose my 2 500.1's because i know a guy that had 4 of them and did a 170.2DB,the experience he has is priceless vs. what i read about them

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

real world results > cea compliancy

REFS alot

B-Sh0t is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CEA-2006 would be what your looking for if you looking to buy from a box store chain.

17. Dislikes Sleeklsc disliked this post
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast