Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1188 Post(s)

Re: CEA-2006 compliancy

The average consumer doesnt even know what CEA compliant means. They are uneducated.

If they knew what CEA compliant meant they would know it only means that an amp does at or under a certain THD rating at 4 ohms. That doesnt mean it stays at or under THD at 2 or 1 ohms even if its rated at those impedance as well.

That means an amp can still be over rated and CEA compliant if it maintains THD. If an amp is over rated you dont get what you think you are paying for. Its a scam to trick people into thinking CEA actually means something significant hence this thread.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

2. Likes Jes 42, will3 liked this post

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1190 Post(s)

That^

REFS alot

Beatin' is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)

Its a scam to trick people into thinking CEA actually means something significant hence this thread.
    As far as I'm concerned, it ain't perfect but at least it's a standard of some sort. Otherwise, all amps would be like this one in this thread.

is this amp even close to what they say?

power acoustics rated 2000wrms when in reality it can only do closer to 1000wrms at 1ohm.

jungstah is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    The average guy doesn't know what's legitimate and what's not. Even if a company makes a great amp, why WOULDN'T they abide by CEA standards to show the average consumer that their brand is to be trusted? Since your product is so good, what harm is there to be compliant and show the potential consumer the products legitimacy and possibly attract more people?
    i believe cea rating is @ 4 ohms, which is almost never used with competition grade equipment. the "average" consumer is not the market that the "non-compliant" brands are going after, so why spend extra money?

since we're talking about the "average" consumer, how many of them know companies such as sundown, aq, IA, etc etc? probably not many, but they do all know mainstream brands such as kenwood, kicker, rockford, alpine. that cea crap is another tool used by those brands to prove their product to uneducated customers.

with the "non-compliant" equipment, it is already trusted and tested in the real world by many so their performance is proven, no need to waste money on being cea compliant..

Pioneer AVH-P2400BT
    Stock Pioneer 4" components
    Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D
    Two SA-12's
    cruddy prefab ported box----new box otw

6. Thanks Dtrom thanked for this post
    nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

As far as I'm concerned, it ain't perfect but at least it's a standard of some sort. Otherwise, all amps would be like this one in this thread.

power acoustics rated 2000wrms when in reality it can only do closer to 1000wrms at 1ohm.
    thats why you dont buy crap like that,then you wont have anything to worry about

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

8. Likes jungstah liked this post
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

Lol, alright bro. Kicker FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

10. Likes jungstah liked this post
    nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    The average consumer doesnt even know what CEA compliant means. They are uneducated.

If they knew what CEA compliant meant they would know it only means that an amp does at or under a certain THD rating at 4 ohms. That doesnt mean it stays at or under THD at 2 or 1 ohms even if its rated at those impedance as well.

That means an amp can still be over rated and CEA compliant if it maintains THD. If an amp is over rated you dont get what you think you are paying for. Its a scam to trick people into thinking CEA actually means something significant hence this thread.
    hence my comment about real world experience over a piece of paper

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1188 Post(s)

Again uneducated consumer. You can tell that amp wont do rated by looking at the fuses. 150a of fuses for 4000 watts. Not possible. All PA would have to do is rate that amp at 700@4 and they would be CEA compliant even though none of the other specs at 2 or 1 ohm are even possible.

CEA is not a standard. A standard would be something every company needs to follow to be compliant. CEA compliance doesnt specify a frequency at what THD is measured. THD will change at different frequencies. A standard by which something is measured would clearly define those parameters.

I dont think my Audio System Twister is CEA compliant, but I can guarantee it would smash any CEA compliant amp in THD, efficiency, quality, and S/N ratio sold at your local Best Buy or B&M store.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2