Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: what amp should i get?

babsuhl81 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

what amp should i get?

Just got a pair of elemental designs e5.10s. They r supposedly 1000rms each. Dual 2 ohm so I need an amp 2000rms approx at 2ohms. Any suggestions?

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: what amp should i get?

First, do you have the electrical to support an amp that big?

But look for any 3.5kW RMS @1ohm amp. SAZ, DC, Crescendo, B2 Zero1. What's your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Get ur electrical up no matter whT amp u choose.... then geet a amp that does 2k or so @.5 will save u a ton on amp...unless u plan on upgrading later then get the 3.5k

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Id hit Mylows10 up on those new AB mini 4480.1d mono amps..I like the hell out of mine..little monster!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    Get ur electrical up no matter whT amp u choose.... then geet a amp that does 2k or so @.5 will save u a ton on amp...unless u plan on upgrading later then get the 3.5k
    What amps do 2k @.5 safely, daily? Serious question. I thought most of the smaller amps (would be a 1.2k~1.5k @1ohm) had troubles handling under 1 daily.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Some lanzar opti amps are supposedly .5 stable.

REFS alot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Aq2200.. i see it run there all the time...saz1500 theres a few more i cant think of...ive seen tbe bc2k also

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Mylows10 running his 4480.1d@.7 daily.I ran mine @1ohm hard and heavy, and warm to the touch,running @2ohms atm till the other gets here to run ea @1ohm load

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Aq2200.. i see it run there all the time...saz1500 theres a few more i cant think of...ive seen tbe bc2k also
    Well an AQ2200 at .5 is more than 2k @.5. The SAZ would be around 2k @.5 tho. Good to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Well an AQ2200 at .5 is more than 2k @.5. The SAZ would be around 2k @.5 tho. Good to know.
    Yea the aq will be more than enough. But after rise u will be at or over 1ohm anyway....all the 3500 amps r great..but if hes got a budgrt those might b hard to obtain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Yea the aq will be more than enough. But after rise u will be at or over 1ohm anyway....all the 3500 amps r great..but if hes got a budgrt those might b hard to obtain
    Yeah the AQ would be best IMO, if he's looking for something budget.

OP, what is your budget? Have you done any electrical upgrades? Do you plan on upgrading in the future?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm gonna get an ho alt and do all my upgrades about tax time. $400 is most I can spend. I've looked at the lanzar optis before. Will 1 of these push these and make them sound good?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babsuhl81 View Post
    I'm gonna get an ho alt and do all my upgrades about tax time. $400 is most I can spend. I've looked at the lanzar optis before. Will 1 of these push these and make them sound good?
    Does $400 include the HO alt or just for amp? Some alts are more than that themselves. And you may not need a bigger alt depending on what size yours is now and the total amps you will run.

Which model Opti? But here is probably your best bet: AQ2200D Amplifier

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

400 is for amp. Opti 2000d. Another amp I seen in concept cd3910. Decent price on ebay. I have a smaller concept now and its decent power

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babsuhl81 View Post
    **** all that dude there's a couple zx series amps around Illinois on Craigslist cheap! Grab a 1500 or a 2500 that will push them nice

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast