Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Atomic Loudspeakers - A Horrific Experience!! - Thieves

litlearnie is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Atomic Loudspeakers - A Horrific Experience!! - Thieves

Randy Mesa is the sales rep for Atomic. I called him looking for 5,000+ high watt amplifier. He told me he could sell me a 7,000 watt floor model for $1300. I agreed. I also purchased a subwoofer for $800 though I'll never know if that actually works because my amplifier never worked. I did not immediately install these into my car because I was in the process of rebuilding the entire car, motor, trans, turbo, sound, everything. Upon connection of the remote turn on wire the amp began to crack and sizzle and it smoked for hours even after I disconnected the power immediately. I've installed multiple car audio sound systems over the years so I know the power and negative were properly connected. though I'll never know the exact power up procedure because i never received a manual. Their were two 1 gauge power terminals and two 1 gauge neg terminals so I'm guessing it's no problem wiring into both of those terminals but I'll never know because i never received a manual. I did request one by email three separate times but they said they couldn't find a manual. When I called Randy and told him that my amplifier popped and sizzled and smoked upon install, he said, "Oh no, What did you do?" He told me he'd check with the servicing department and get back with me. Three or four days went by and I never heard back so i contacted the owner, George Wu, by email. He informed me that the model which i had purchased had been discontinued and therefore they could not service the amplifier. I adivised him that I was not pleased and that I had never heard of an electronics company selling a product and not being able to service it. He said the only thing he could do is refer me to a "guy he knew" who was the only one he knew that serviced this type of amplifier. George had the Jeremy from Ebbco Repair email me. I explained the problem to him, he told me to ship it to him in CA. I live in Ohio so the shipping cost me $75. Over a month later he emailed me explaining that apparently this amp was "fried" and not worth repairing. However he went on to say that he could fix it for about $350 parts and labor. I said sure, the amp cost me $1300, it's worth it! Jeremy from Ebbco Repair wanted $200 up front for parts and $150 upon completion. I sent him $200 through paypal. 4 months and 20 emails later he advised me that it was finished and to send the remaining $150 plus shipping. I sent him $225 via paypal. 3 months and 20 emailed excuses later, i still had no amplifier. I contacted George Wu, owner of Atomic by email. I explained that i felt this repair guy had stolen my money and I was not going to receive my amp in any way shape or form. A few weeks later George explained to me that after speaking with Jeremy, he learned that Jeremy had spent the money that I had sent him for shipping and that is why it had not been shipped back. George offered to email a shipping label to Jeremy but that I would have to pay for it. I asked George if he could do the right thing and pay for the label. He refused. I then prepaid for a UPS label and emailed it to Jeremy myself. Jeremy sent me a tracking number within days. I received the amp and immediately wired the power and ground, skeptical that after I learned he stole my paypal paymen for shipping, he'd probably not bothered to buy the parts or repair the amp. Why not just keep all the money, right? I was right. No repairs had been made. Upon very carefully wiring ground and power the amp began to smoke again. George has not replied to my demand per email to replace my amplifier or fix it. I want to let the public know that the customer service given to me by Atomic Loudspeakers is the worst I've received in my life. I am 33 years old and have dealt with many customer service departments. In total, I lost $1800 between Atomic and Ebbco Repairs. My stomach still hurts, it's hard to forget. I still have 4 audio batteries installed a subwoofer ready to boom and no AMP!

-Paul
    Cincinnati Ohio

2. Thanks ThatChevyGuy thanked for this post

VWGolfMKVI is offline StarrMountainSoundNutHugr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Atomic Loudspeakers - A Horrific Experience!! - Thieves

Yeah I will never deal with Atomic.

Sundown E12 - Sundowns Bastard Sub

Jes 42 is online now karma!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yeah i emailed back and forth a few times with those guys...something just didnt seem professional to me with em...guess i'm glad i went with my gut..sorry to hear what happened to you.Maybe one of the guys on here could help you out.there are some good sellers on here.

Kenwood x996
    Punch 501x
    4 Prv 6.5's-Bazooka Euphonic tweets
    18'' T3 TSNS
    MA Audio HK4000D
    300 amp Ohio Gen alt
    2 CS9000 batts

VWGolfMKVI is offline StarrMountainSoundNutHugr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I had a similar experience with these guys. They don't take care of their dealers and could really care less about their customers.

Sundown E12 - Sundowns Bastard Sub

serjr711. is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Omg!!! I had the same experience with that sob Jeremy from EBBCO. He sent my amp back un-repaired after I paid him. He is a total loser who need a lesson taught to him.

Jes 42 is online now karma!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serjr711 View Post
    Omg!!! I had the same experience with that sob Jeremy from EBBCO. He sent my amp back un-repaired after I paid him. He is a total loser who need a lesson taught to him.
    Hows this scammer stay in business?shameful

Kenwood x996
    Punch 501x
    4 Prv 6.5's-Bazooka Euphonic tweets
    18'' T3 TSNS
    MA Audio HK4000D
    300 amp Ohio Gen alt
    2 CS9000 batts

-BenBen- is offline Team L.oud A.s F.u**

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

-My Current Setup-
    Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300
    Sub - Audioque HDC4 15 - 4.0 Cu @33hz (Built By @DBeez ; )
    Amp - American Bass VFL 500.1 (.5 Ohm)
    Front Stage - Stock
    Electrical: 2/0, Big 3, 270 Amp DC Powered Alt. Batts: Coming Soon
    Tuned Low and need Fresh music ? >> http://www.datpiff.com/Team-LAF-Loud-As-Fu-Slowed-Low-Loud-Bangers-mixtape.514065.html <<
    >Team L.A.F.<

Ronny is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I am absolutely disgusted with them. I can't stand Atomic... They took incredible care of me when I competed heavily with their products, shortly after switching drivers (but still running their amplifiers) they told me to **** it. Oh, and I have never received my WARRANTY COVERED 5000.1 amplifier back either. Quite ridiculous lies after lies. I had given up. After many... Several hundreds of dollars wasted/given to them, (with over $2k in spent on one F'ing 5000.1 in the end) after 8 months of being in contact they 100% stopped replying to me. Lol, can you believe they told me they had to send my amplifier to Japan for reparations? It is a F'ing Korean made amplifier. And TONS of us in the US repair amplifiers. I called em out on that too. That's when it all stopped. Money wasted on what was to be covered by a defective amplifier (blew twice while idling) , paying uber amounts as a "deposit," I only trusted that because they bent over backwards for me before, and complete and utter lies, on top of never sending me anything back. Over a year and a half now, and I simple ask just for the **** heatsink, just give me that Atomic?

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

That's bad biz. Will steer clear of Atomic. Although I have to ask, what kind of electrical did you have?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)

i have been hearing alot of bad dealings with them as of late, maybe they closing up soon?

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

@RangerDanger ; Hahaha

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

RangerDangerV2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

I dealt with them quite a bit. randy was always a bro to me. but every experience is different I guess.

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

I have never heard great things...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Jeremy the repair guy from northern ca a.k.a the diablo audio repair **** ?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Probably sh!tty electrical and it sure sounds like u wired backwards and maybe sh!tty electrical and only hooked one set of + -power terminals "just to test" and fried that dang card that those big azz amps have that is a b!tch to find if you can find one at all

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast