Closed Thread

Reload Thread: best small sub to mount upside down

horford is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

best small sub to mount upside down

hey all,

I desperately need some bass in my jeep wrangler and have decided to mount the amp under the steering column (upside down). I figure the amp can't be much bigger than 12x12x5

I'm not looking to pay alot of money for this, I just want something that is designed to hold up to being mounted upside down. I figure I only need to push a single 12" or 10" sub. I'm also open to suggestions on that too.

Thanks for any info!

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Re: best small sub to mount upside down

budget how much power you looking 4?

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 215sinastang View Post
    budget how much power you looking 4?
    just enough to push a single 10 , maybe 12

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

vfl hybris amps should do the trick. the 1880 ,900 watts rms at 1 ohm ,very tiny amp as well. and a american bass xfl 10 d2 both for about 400 shipped new with warranty from me

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks man, but i'm definately not looking to pay more than $100. It doesn't need to be super-powerful. I'd just rather not buy some $60 amp from wal-mart. I don't mind paying 20-40 dollars more for something that will last longer.

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

IDK if you know much about subs im guessing not, size wont give me any idea how much power you want... as of mylows hes a good guy and can set you up

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

dude what is your budget, and how much power do you want??

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I dont really know of any mono,or a/b amp that would be good for mounting upside down,collecting nothing but heat,destroying the amp itself, for $100. Be Best if you can mount it on either side of the under dash upright.What rms 10, or 12,and voice coil configuration you looking to get?Brand?Do you have the sub already?

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

would be better to install the amp under one of the seats or maybe even in the glove box.if done under the dash upside down you'll need a small fan to help keep the amp cool

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

not a good idea to mount an amp upside down....could interfere with the cooling

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

StThanks for the replies,
    No, I don't know a whole lot about the tech specs of subs and amps, thats why I'm asking for some help here. I do know that I don't want to spend much on either. I drive without windows in my jeep all summer and I never lock my doors. So, water is an issue and so is having anything in plain site.

I did consider the glove box, removing the tray of the glove box and mounting the amp behind the face of the glove box. In that case, the amp would be mounted basically vertically..I may still go this route, but I really like the idea of mounting the amp up under the steering wheel. I can't mount it anywhere on the ground, it will get wet.

As for the sub, I have no bass right now. I think a single 10 should be fine, I don't need it to shake the fillings out of my teeth. I may get fancy and build a box that fits inside the rear seat, or I may just buy the first cheap box and sub I find on craigslist and use that for the time being.

I'm more concerned with buying a decent small sub that I can mount concealed, and worrying about how I'm going to mount the sub later

Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

Dayton HO 10" is a very good sq sub

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

the amp i suggested would be perfect ,but in the glove box ,no amp mounted upside down will last for to long .heat disapatience issues

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Closed Thread