Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Reload Thread: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

  1. #1
    slim2fattycake's Avatar
    slim2fattycake is online now rolling right along



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Stars
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

    Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    Anyone tried the apsm55100 5 channel amp yet? I'm thinking about getting one instead of running the 4 channel and the 1500 just to save some room and wiring.



    SPL-Lab REP

    Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.




  2. #2
    t0mmyfresh's Avatar
    t0mmyfresh is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

  3. #3
    ThatChevyGuy's Avatar
    ThatChevyGuy is offline NOLA Sludge



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    12,379
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    952 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    You would have 300w for the sub...



    REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

  4. #4
    BrownVanMan's Avatar
    BrownVanMan is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    1,988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatChevyGuy View Post
    You would have 300w for the sub...

    ive never understood why so many 5ch amps have such a weak sub ch. if it did 500 @ 2 ohm then there are alot more options.




  5. #5
    slim2fattycake's Avatar
    slim2fattycake is online now rolling right along

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Stars
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    meh 300 is probably fine for me right now.



    SPL-Lab REP

    Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

  6. #6
    zako's Avatar
    zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatChevyGuy View Post
    You would have 300w for the sub...
    300w would have been plenty for my tastes, at least with an average to high efficiency 12inch subwoofer.

    However, the low watt THD (as in say 1/10ths of the max RMS output) does not seem to be very good. I wish the resolution of the posted THD vs watt graphs was more readable. Still, it seems like THD is at 0.1% or higher even at low watt output. I am normally used to seeing low watt THD to be below 0.05%. You can compare to the PPI P900.4 graph for example here (http://www.pasmag.com/images/stories...wer/image1.jpg). Not that 0.1% THD is supposed to be audible, but this sheds some light on the quality of amplifier's implementation IMHO.

    If the OP still wants a recommendation, I'd say look into an Alpine MRX-V60. It will give you similar power, but should be much cleaner overall. The V60 was discontinued recently in favor of V70 (which seems the same thing, maybe with 10% higher output), but a lot of vendors are still offering their old V60 stock for pretty low prices. If you want an amp with >400watt subwoofer channel, maybe consider a PPI P900.5 or SS TN5.950.




  7. #7
    d77543020's Avatar
    d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    stockton ca
    Posts
    2,509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    393 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownVanMan View Post
    ive never understood why so many 5ch amps have such a weak sub ch. if it did 500 @ 2 ohm then there are alot more options.
    same here why cant they make a 5 ch with 1000 rms out the sub channel and make it 1ohm stable most 5ch i see are all 2ohm




  8. #8
    zako's Avatar
    zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    Quote Originally Posted by d77543020 View Post
    same here why cant they make a 5 ch with 1000 rms out the sub channel and make it 1ohm stable most 5ch i see are all 2ohm

    I think realistically this will not be a budget product. You will need to have a more robust power supply, big heatsink, etc.. My guess is once such product hits the market with >$400 online price, there will not be many buyers. I for one don't like to put so many eggs in one basket.

    They do make some 5-ch amps with 1ohm stable sub channel, but not with 1000watt output. MB Quart ONX4.80/500 is one. However, having witnessed my quart ref4.80 run stupid hot, I don't know if I would want a comparable amp share a heatsink with a mono amp running at 1ohm. Another is Polk D5000.5 (this clearly was not designed for high output 1ohm operation as the rating at 1ohm is barely above the 2ohm power rating).




  9. #9
    slim2fattycake's Avatar
    slim2fattycake is online now rolling right along

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Stars
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    300w would have been plenty for my tastes, at least with an average to high efficiency 12inch subwoofer.

    However, the low watt THD (as in say 1/10ths of the max RMS output) does not seem to be very good. I wish the resolution of the posted THD vs watt graphs was more readable. Still, it seems like THD is at 0.1% or higher even at low watt output. I am normally used to seeing low watt THD to be below 0.05%. You can compare to the PPI P900.4 graph for example here (http://www.pasmag.com/images/stories...wer/image1.jpg). Not that 0.1% THD is supposed to be audible, but this sheds some light on the quality of amplifier's implementation IMHO.

    If the OP still wants a recommendation, I'd say look into an Alpine MRX-V60. It will give you similar power, but should be much cleaner overall. The V60 was discontinued recently in favor of V70 (which seems the same thing, maybe with 10% higher output), but a lot of vendors are still offering their old V60 stock for pretty low prices. If you want an amp with >400watt subwoofer channel, maybe consider a PPI P900.5 or SS TN5.950.
    I'm not willing to spend that much on an amp. lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    I think realistically this will not be a budget product. You will need to have a more robust power supply, big heatsink, etc.. My guess is once such product hits the market with >$400 online price, there will not be many buyers. I for one don't like to put so many eggs in one basket.

    They do make some 5-ch amps with 1ohm stable sub channel, but not with 1000watt output. MB Quart ONX4.80/500 is one. However, having witnessed my quart ref4.80 run stupid hot, I don't know if I would want a comparable amp share a heatsink with a mono amp running at 1ohm. Another is Polk D5000.5 (this clearly was not designed for high output 1ohm operation as the rating at 1ohm is barely above the 2ohm power rating).
    Funny thing I looked at the MB onx4.80/500 as well. Yeah I'm good. I have never had an issue with my audiopipe amps so I may still go with the original amp even if it is less power than rated for. price is too hard to beat.



    SPL-Lab REP

    Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

  10. #10
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1693 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    That pasmag review is disappointing. Their 14v numbers for the sub channel at 2 ohms was just a hair over 300? I am disappoint. Oh well, it is AP



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  11. #11
    slim2fattycake's Avatar
    slim2fattycake is online now rolling right along

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Stars
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    O ****. Nvm, I thought that was at 4 ohm. Scratch that amp then.



    SPL-Lab REP

    Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

  12. #12
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,860
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2341 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    Price?




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  13. #13
    slim2fattycake's Avatar
    slim2fattycake is online now rolling right along

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Stars
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    I think realistically this will not be a budget product. You will need to have a more robust power supply, big heatsink, etc.. My guess is once such product hits the market with >$400 online price, there will not be many buyers. I for one don't like to put so many eggs in one basket.

    They do make some 5-ch amps with 1ohm stable sub channel, but not with 1000watt output. MB Quart ONX4.80/500 is one. However, having witnessed my quart ref4.80 run stupid hot, I don't know if I would want a comparable amp share a heatsink with a mono amp running at 1ohm. Another is Polk D5000.5 (this clearly was not designed for high output 1ohm operation as the rating at 1ohm is barely above the 2ohm power rating).
    any reviews on the polk d5000.5?



    SPL-Lab REP

    Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

  14. #14
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1693 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    Dunno. Thought about the massive audio nx5? Supposed to do 800w @ 1ohm on the sub channel. Just make sure you mount it somewhere it can stay cool

    ---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

    Class AB on the 4-channel and class D on the mono



    Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

  15. #15
    slim2fattycake's Avatar
    slim2fattycake is online now rolling right along

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Stars
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

    Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

    Saw reviews of that on diy and it was not good just like the audiopipe.



    SPL-Lab REP

    Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. audiopipe 2 channel?
    By 05fronty in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 01:27 PM
  2. WTT for Audiopipe 4 channel
    By 1ndatrunk in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 11:21 AM
  3. WTT RF 800a4 for Audiopipe 4 channel (black ones)
    By 1ndatrunk in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 10:37 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum