Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Audiopipe apsm55100 5 channel

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    I think realistically this will not be a budget product. You will need to have a more robust power supply, big heatsink, etc.. My guess is once such product hits the market with >$400 online price, there will not be many buyers. I for one don't like to put so many eggs in one basket.

They do make some 5-ch amps with 1ohm stable sub channel, but not with 1000watt output. MB Quart ONX4.80/500 is one. However, having witnessed my quart ref4.80 run stupid hot, I don't know if I would want a comparable amp share a heatsink with a mono amp running at 1ohm. Another is Polk D5000.5 (this clearly was not designed for high output 1ohm operation as the rating at 1ohm is barely above the 2ohm power rating).
    but if they can price it in the range of the cost of two amps i know i would give it a look, it would be nice to be able to buy just one amp that did it all

It happens is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

clear ur pms slim

timhof13 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    I think realistically this will not be a budget product. You will need to have a more robust power supply, big heatsink, etc.. My guess is once such product hits the market with >$400 online price, there will not be many buyers. I for one don't like to put so many eggs in one basket.

They do make some 5-ch amps with 1ohm stable sub channel, but not with 1000watt output. MB Quart ONX4.80/500 is one. However, having witnessed my quart ref4.80 run stupid hot, I don't know if I would want a comparable amp share a heatsink with a mono amp running at 1ohm. Another is Polk D5000.5 (this clearly was not designed for high output 1ohm operation as the rating at 1ohm is barely above the 2ohm power rating).
    I have that Boston 5 channel for sale right now, nice amp with very little play time. Was used on a cuddy cabin boat for about 40 hours total . Pm me if interested

slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Just an update. Thanks for the help.

I picked up a lanzar opti250x4 for cheaps. Was about to get the crescendo 4 channel too but deal fell through.

SPL-Lab REP

Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3