Reload Thread: Help please... Amps!!

David.lee is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help please... Amps!!

Hey guys i have a 04' stock honda civic. Right now it has a pioneer deh-8600mp. Stock 5.25s up front, stock 1 in tweets, and stock pioneer 6x9s in the back, I also have a 12 in audiobahn 1200Q in the trunk with a concept amp im guessing is 600 watts. I recently purchased the Pioneer TS-D1320C component set. with 2 cross overs 2 tweets and 2 5.25 woofers for my mids. I also purchased 2 6x9 Sony XS-GTX6931's to help with my all around sound. Do you guys think this will be a solid setup for a while? Also what type of amp should i get? Right now i have a 1 farad cap wired to the mono sub amp. Should i get another amp for the speakers? or should i just buy 1 amp for both the speakers and the sub? Please guys i need help!!

The components pull 70 RMS watts a pair
    the 6x9s pull 200 RMS
    and the sub 700 RMS . what sized amp should i buy for the speakers. and then another amp for the sub. Or just one amp for both. Thanks all!!!

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help please... Amps!!

the sony's are not so good ,sorry .not sure about the pioneer comps ,but for the low wattage ,i'd say prolly not so good either .find a 100 watts x 4 rms amp or a good 2 channel.if your gonna have rear speakers run them off the hu ,and amp the frts ,will sound better ,dump the cap do the big 3 it will work better for you also.

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay thanks for being honest, im just getting into car audio and dont have too much money to spend i got the hu and the sub and amp givin to me and i am putting out around 150 for both the front back and tweets. So what your saying is run just my fronts off a 400 watt 4 channel amp? at 100 rms wont it over power the 35 rms speaker by alot? And do not amp the rear speakers ? will my HU give it enough power? i think it only outs 50 rms each channel and the speaker wants 100 rms. Im sorry for the anoying qs i just am very new.

Sub Bass Woofrz is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just because a speaker says its 200w rms doesn't mean it will "pull" 200w rms, thats just the max it can take without blowing up.... as for rear speakers go, theyre just fill so its not very necessary to amp them, running them off the head unit will give them about 12w rms which will be fine. Amp the front speakers with a 100x4 amp or a 100x2 or 200x2 and youll be fine.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay thanks guys! I just was wondering though if each speaker is 35 rms won't 100 watts be bad and blow it

Kingstroker is offline Mr Dique

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pioneer rates the comps 180 watts peak, 35watts rms. if you stay in between that with a clean signal you'll do ok. I bought a set of TS-D 6x8 coax rated 60rms, 260 peak make good fill speakers at $60 a pair. I've heard they will take lots of abuse, don't know but I will at the first chance.
    Something went wrong with my HU/amp, sent amp in for repair. A black berry really ***** for a sound system.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay thanks. And does it hurt to wire up my rears to a 100x4 amp? And would I wore my sub to it?

Closed Thread