Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: Amp question (new to form)

Pauly187 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Re: Amp question (new to form)

Ok so thanks for throwing out the fact that I'm running an l7 which is a beginner sub
    Is there a sub out there more suitable to my application and more forgiving? Re xxx? Sundown nightshade v2 15? Love the 15 and would like to stick to just one sub as room is an issue being that its going in a extended cab pickup
    Also this hifonics amp I feel is not pitting out a 1000w unless gain all the way up! And if it is giving me a 1000w with gain only half way up then a 1000w ***** and the sub can handle a lot more! Sorry just frustrated as to buy a bigger amp or not!

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy13091 View Post
    I answered his question like 4 posts back it's on him from here

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

And I'm not a l7 hater Savin up to have a l7 motor made into a round 8 by splaudio now
    Yeah you did pretty much, but you didn't completely lay it out for him, which I feel like he needs. I missed that post at first though. OP just needs to learn a bit more before he turns more knobs. And normally I would not recommend a shop, there's a LOT that are horrible. But at least if they screw it up they should be liable for it. If he toasts it it will be on him.

And I really like SPLaudio's work. You will be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly187 View Post
    Ok so thanks for throwing out the fact that I'm running an l7 which is a beginner sub
    Is there a sub out there more suitable to my application and more forgiving? Re xxx? Sundown nightshade v2 15? Love the 15 and would like to stick to just one sub as room is an issue being that its going in a extended cab pickup
    Also this hifonics amp I feel is not pitting out a 1000w unless gain all the way up! And if it is giving me a 1000w with gain only half way up then a 1000w ***** and the sub can handle a lot more! Sorry just frustrated as to buy a bigger amp or not!
    My suggestion is to use what you have now. Don't buy more expensive equipment until you know what you are doing. Get the hang of it with the less costly equipment, and then when you know what you are doing go ahead and upgrade. I would just really hate to see a NS die a horrible death like this

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1226 Post(s)

Your jumping from a l7 too 2 super pricey beast woofers.. You can spend less cash then u would on a l7 and still get a crazy Loud 15... Go to obsidanaudio.com and check it out I promise you'll thank me later and the price your gunna love that too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1226 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Yeah you did pretty much, but you didn't completely lay it out for him, which I feel like he needs. I missed that post at first though. OP just needs to learn a bit more before he turns more knobs. And normally I would not recommend a shop, there's a LOT that are horrible. But at least if they screw it up they should be liable for it. If he toasts it it will be on him.

And I really like SPLaudio's work. You will be happy with it.
    Ya I guess I just got a solid *** shop by me run by competitors .. And ya I'm hopin to make something nice with this .. I saw pics of the same motor he already made looked sweet .. I'm excited

Pauly187 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

And yes I understand that I need to get the amp set correctly so I'm not clipping! BUT if having the amp set professionally means setting the gain ANYTHING BELOW all the way turned up the sub isn't really hitting like it should! And yes I understand I'm burning the coil and hurting the sub that is why I have come to you guys for help, this has only happened twice (the smell) and shut off as soon as I noticed it which is very soon as the port is sitting right behind me! The sub isn't making wierd noises piping anything sounds great and is shaking the truck like crazy but just smells!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

And yes I understand that I need to get the amp set correctly so I'm not clipping! BUT if having the amp set professionally means setting the gain ANYTHING BELOW all the way turned up the sub isn't really hitting like it should! And yes I understand I'm burning the coil and hurting the sub that is why I have come to you guys for help, this has only happened twice (the smell) and shut off as soon as I noticed it which is very soon as the port is sitting right behind me! The sub isn't making wierd noises piping anything sounds great and is shaking the truck like crazy but just smells!
    You need to read about what gain actually is. It's not a volume knob. We are trying to help you but you are clearly not listening. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1226 Post(s)

Www.obsidianaudio.com sounding better and better

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1226 Post(s)

Sorry** Obsidian Car Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1226 Post(s)

Sorry** Obsidian Car Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1226 Post(s)

158$ for a sick 15 FTW

slvrado28z is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

you need to turn your subwoofer level all the way up on the deck, and then set the amp, and turn the bass boost all the way down..thats prob y ur having this problem

2008 Silverado crew cab
    dash - Pioneer avh-p3200
    Front & rear - sq pa mids and tweets
    Amps - 2 dd m2a straped
    Subs - 4 15" dd 2515
    box- pwk 4th order blowthru

13. Likes Rich B liked this post
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3