Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2028 Post(s)

Re: Amplifier Help

You're not going to drop any jaws with 2 kicker 10's FYI. As someone else said they won't live long on 1000W each either. If you're dead set on Kicker, a better amp for those would be somthing in the 2000W range, and that would also require less electrical upgrade.

poweras1 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Here is why i need the 3 10's the car came with this setup already and i think i like the box so i will keep it and put better 10's
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10811...97239314706977

Here is the link to the car being worked on before i got it, this car is a very far from being done: It shows all the custom work that has been put into this car before i got a new alternator, new windshield new compressors new head unit, rewired electrics a lot of work
    http://chevroletforum.com/forum/astr...trolade-18493/

>>SQL<< is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poweras1 View Post
    Here is why i need the 3 10's the car came with this setup already and i think i like the box so i will keep it and put better 10's
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10811...97239314706977

Here is the link to the car being worked on before i got it, this car is a very far from being done: It shows all the custom work that has been put into this car before i got a new alternator, new windshield new compressors new head unit, rewired electrics a lot of work
    Project Astrolade - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Can we move this to the Dome so I can give some honest opinions on what I saw when I clicked those 2 links?

4. Likes gckless liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by >>SQL<< View Post
    Can we move this to the Dome so I can give some honest opinions on what I saw when I clicked those 2 links?
    sure but i would still like some advice on what to get. What is your honest opinion on what you saw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

sure but i would still like some advice on what to get. What is your honest opinion on what you saw
    Ok - 1) sorry but I think that van looks horrible, I guess if you are into passing out free candy at teh middle school it would be fine.
    2) The previous install was horrible, RCA's ziptied to the Power wires, garbage amps, garbage subs, garbage installation.

However, that is the past.

I can see why you want to run the same box, as it was glassed and does not look that bad. But a couple of things. First I now question everything to do with the stereo setup as the previous owner knew nothing at all. Second ported does so much more, if you want (creepy) van to really shake (hopefully while no small children are inside) ported will do it much easier than sealed.

So you really need to see how much airspace is in each chamber. You can use packing peanuts to find the volume.

As for getting power (an amp) power is super cheap these days so it is not really that hard or expensive.

Find out what airspace you are working with (and also think about tossing that box out and going ported) and it will be much easier to resommend some equipment to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

for the click impared, here are some of the pics the OP has.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

1. I'm sixteen so its not creepy and I like the mystery machine look and 2. The subs and amps came with it and as I Said new head unit rewired and getting new subs and amps (that's why I made the thread) 3. I think it'll be enough with 3 10s and if that's not enough when I get more money I will get a 2 15's box because I think they work well with 10's if im correct

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

So you have those amps and subs still?

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1862 Post(s)

Yeah, that really needs to be redone. All of it. And I really think you should look at 15's if you want to pressurize that much space. I think you will be disappointed with 10's in that van. It's a nice looking box, and I'm sure you could get some money out of it if you sold it locally to some kid. You could even use that to get them in the van. Won't even have to buy candy.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

I want to keep the box and if it doesnt shake enough i will get 2 15's in a regular box. Also the interior is being redone like the electronics and stuff so that is fixed. I still have the amps and subs but i will sell them and use that money for the new ones hopefully sundown but not entirely sure. The car is not street legal yet and wont be until i get my full license which is in february. After we have everything done were giving it to a mechanic and electrician to see if everything is up to par and im not sure if i said it but we have a second battery to go to audio and to the compressors because it is bagged. Will the airspace matter that much that i need to test it? it will be a pain to get it out of the car because the back doors were shaved and cant open. When your talking about rewiring do you mean the amps and subs because that will all go so calm down i havent touched any wiring with that because it is all getting trashed or sold we might reuse the wires for money sake but thats it. We will have someone who goes to all the car shows who is a friend of a employee that worked on the remote start and window keypad to install the subs and amps. And do you think sound deadener is required for what i am doing? some people say only if i compete which i wont but i want to sound good not rattling all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Measuring the airspace is important as it will help to find the correct subwoofer for the box. You can find out the volume of the box with it still in the truck. You need a 12"x12"x12" cardboard box, fill it with packing peanuts and then pour them into the sub box till it is full. I am going to guess not much more than 1 cubic foot will fill a chamber. Installing a sub in a box too small for it will make it sound terrible.

As for the wires, wire is cheap that stuff in there is not the stuff you want to use for a higher power setup, just start over.

I am uncertain how the van is setup inside, is it just going to have the 2 front seats? If so seems to me that the cool part of having a van is being able to fit a bunch of your friends in it, if it was me I would be looking to max out the amount of seating in it.

Also it is not cost effective to buy 3 -10's right now just to switch to 2 - 15's down the road. You will be money and time ahead to just start over, a ported box for 2 -15's built under some bench style seating in the back sure would work well - IMO

I want to keep the box and if it doesnt shake enough i will get 2 15's in a regular box. Also the interior is being redone like the electronics and stuff so that is fixed. I still have the amps and subs but i will sell them and use that money for the new ones hopefully sundown but not entirely sure. The car is not street legal yet and wont be until i get my full license which is in february. After we have everything done were giving it to a mechanic and electrician to see if everything is up to par and im not sure if i said it but we have a second battery to go to audio and to the compressors because it is bagged. Will the airspace matter that much that i need to test it? it will be a pain to get it out of the car because the back doors were shaved and cant open. When your talking about rewiring do you mean the amps and subs because that will all go so calm down i havent touched any wiring with that because it is all getting trashed or sold we might reuse the wires for money sake but thats it. We will have someone who goes to all the car shows who is a friend of a employee that worked on the remote start and window keypad to install the subs and amps. And do you think sound deadener is required for what i am doing? some people say only if i compete which i wont but i want to sound good not rattling all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1862 Post(s)

Deadener is very worthwhile if you can afford it.

I think you have a lot of desired output in your head, which you will not find with those sealed 10's, and you won't find it with those 10's ported either. You're going to want at least a pair of 15's, if not more, on some decent power in a big ported box. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

I will do that packing thing when i get a chance to go to staples and get packing peanuts but i think i remember that each sub has its own slot if that makes sense like their walled off from eachother i will check on that in a minute and get back to you and i think if money isnt a issue that 3 nightshade 10 inch with 2000 watt rms each will be enough for my friends to be impressed.

We were thinking of having 2 seats that face eachother or a couch, we have room we just need to get rid of the previous owners dumb mistake to weld 2 rods sticking up to put amps on and place the subs on that which will give plenty of room for more seats. But seats isnt what im worried about at them moment.

Also we were not thinking to switch to 2 15's we were thinking to add 2 15's or 18's if we need more bass, I have never heard real good quality bass in a car ever so 2000w rms x3 subs i think will be more than enough to please myself and my friends.

UPDATE: I cant tell if it each sub has its own slot but if you want me to take more pics of the car so you get a better idea of what where working with, all wires are out we completely gutted the thing and started fresh interior wise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1862 Post(s)

I will do that packing thing when i get a chance to go to staples and get packing peanuts but i think i remember that each sub has its own slot if that makes sense like their walled off from eachother i will check on that in a minute and get back to you and i think if money isnt a issue that 3 nightshade 10 inch with 2000 watt rms each will be enough for my friends to be impressed.

We were thinking of having 2 seats that face eachother or a couch, we have room we just need to get rid of the previous owners dumb mistake to weld 2 rods sticking up to put amps on and place the subs on that which will give plenty of room for more seats. But seats isnt what im worried about at them moment.

Also we were not thinking to switch to 2 15's we were thinking to add 2 15's or 18's if we need more bass, I have never heard real good quality bass in a car ever so 2000w rms x3 subs i think will be more than enough to please myself and my friends.
    You are doing a HUGE disservice by putting a NS in a sealed box. Go ported for sure.

Don't add 15's or 18's replace the 10's with them. You don't want to run them both. If you are spending the money on 3 NS's, you can definitely afford some good 15's in a good box.

goingdef is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    864 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    You are doing a HUGE disservice by putting a NS in a sealed box. Go ported for sure.

Don't add 15's or 18's replace the 10's with them. You don't want to run them both. If you are spending the money on 3 NS's, you can definitely afford some good 15's in a good box.
    got to agree with this man you don't mix sub sizes and types period!

electrical: Optima yellow top X 2 big 3 in monster OFC 1/0g high output alt by maniac electrics
    HU: JVC AVX-77 touch screen
    Front stage: RE XXX 6.5" comps
    front stage amp: Rockford T600.2
    subs: 1 Sundown ZV4 12"
    sub amp: Rockford T2500.1BDCP
    Enclosure: ported (by JayDubb757 )

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast