Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 124

Reload Thread: My SK-1500.1 is junk

  1. #46
    Wanacustomx's Avatar
    Wanacustomx is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Myrtle beach south carolina
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    or kevin... sounds like you should be contacting steve from ampmedics if this is a problem.. who repaired my crescendo bc 2000d for FREE when it played for 5 minutes and died on me again..







  2. #47
    cyn's Avatar
    cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Orange, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    so you bought a used amp, that was prolly pushed hard... had it repaired.. then bitched about the company that made it instead of the company that repaired it... ehhh makes sense



    2007 Chevy Impala LT
    HU: Clarion CZ500 Front Speakers: CDT HD6.1
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

  3. Thanks FlexnInLa thanked for this post
    Likes FlexnInLa liked this post
  4. #48
    FlexnInLa's Avatar
    FlexnInLa is offline Huggin Them Nuts!



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Louisiana, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeK View Post
    I bought this amp used so it isnt covered under skar warranty. I know buying used is sketchy, but being returned from repair and it dying again is quite alarming
    Wow, you should have mentioned this from the beginning. You have NO idea what was done to the amp before you bought it. This is in no way, shape, or form a problem for Kevin to handle. Send it back for repair, isn't there some sort of warranty on the repair work? I wondered why you had to pay out of pocket for repair... this would explain it.

    It *****, but a lot of people are more than happy to sell their problem gear to someone else. You may have bought yourself a problem piece. I've purchased a couple myself.



    New ride... new system...

    2012 Jeep Compass Latitude

    18" Obsidian Audio Sub in a Reverse Tapered Transmission Line Box
    Box Design by Mobile Enclosures http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com

  5. #49
    neo_styles's Avatar
    neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget



    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1693 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Yeah, that'll be harder to take care of. Feel like ponying up some cash? Could send it to Zed or db-r. Then at least you could be more sure of it being properly repaired




  6. #50
    FlexnInLa's Avatar
    FlexnInLa is offline Huggin Them Nuts!



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Louisiana, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Yeah, that'll be harder to take care of. Feel like ponying up some cash? Could send it to Zed or db-r. Then at least you could be more sure of it being properly repaired
    If Amp Medics just did the repair I would hope there is some sort of warranty on the work.



    New ride... new system...

    2012 Jeep Compass Latitude

    18" Obsidian Audio Sub in a Reverse Tapered Transmission Line Box
    Box Design by Mobile Enclosures http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com

  7. #51
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Ok I am all about getting pissed at the repair place, but SKAR told him to send the G-D amp there...
    SO... Faq SKAR




  8. #52
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Ok I am all about getting pissed at the repair place, but SKAR told him to send the G-D amp there...
    SO... Faq SKAR
    So its kevins fault because he recommended the repair company? There's not too many to choose from, and I've heard good and bad from all of them. If the amp was repaired and failed shortly after itss either the repair or the user at fault.



    Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

  9. #53
    Smitty's Avatar
    Smitty is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    260 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    I blame Kevin. He is a POS.




  10. #54
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch86 View Post
    So its kevins fault because he recommended the repair company? There's not too many to choose from, and I've heard good and bad from all of them. If the amp was repaired and failed shortly after itss either the repair or the user at fault.
    100% Kevins fault, yes.
    He told OP to go there.
    Repair place fails at repair.
    Kevin is therefore at fault. For a crappy product and recommending a chitty repair place.
    Don't buy SKAR.




  11. #55
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    100% Kevins fault, yes.
    He told OP to go there.
    Repair place fails at repair.
    Kevin is therefore at fault. For a crappy product and recommending a chitty repair place.
    Don't buy SKAR.
    I see, you are a part of the hate kevin/bash skar every chance you get bandwagon. And like most of those guys, you probably have no experience with Skar products or dealings with Kevin/skar audio... recommending something doesn't put one at fault if it doesn't go as exp;ected..but Ill just leave it alone since there is no arguing with the lynch mob that's out to destroy skar.



    Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

  12. #56
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch86 View Post
    I see, you are a part of the hate kevin/bash skar every chance you get bandwagon. And like most of those guys, you probably have no experience with Skar products or dealings with Kevin/skar audio... recommending something doesn't put one at fault if it doesn't go as exp;ected..but Ill just leave it alone since there is no arguing with the lynch mob that's out to destroy skar.
    It doesn't bother me if you like Skar.
    I think the owner is a complete dipchit which a sub par product because he has 0 Q.c.
    If you feel differently expressed it.
    Do you have a happy story about Skar products?




  13. #57
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    It doesn't bother me if you like Skar.
    I think the owner is a complete dipchit which a sub par product because he has 0 Q.c.
    If you feel differently expressed it.
    Do you have a happy story about Skar products?
    Kevin gave me discounted prcing on some skar 8s and answered all of my questions within 24 hours. Nthing I can say but I hadgood dealings with Skar and was pleased with the performance of the product. My point is, there are a lot of people here that bash skar every chance tthey get when they have no experience with the product or the company... I have read all about the shadiness too..but I can't bash them when I personally experienced the best CS I've had from any audio company plus the product exceeded expectations. Its fine to not want to have any dealings with skar because of the things that kevin has done... but its not cool to completely bash them in every thread that has the word "skar" in it. If you want to inform someone of the shadiness, just suggest they research the company before dealing with them. But this thread has nothing to do with skar or kevin. Most likely the OP is blwing the amp and blaming the equipment and the company.



    Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

  14. #58
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch86 View Post
    Kevin gave me discounted prcing on some skar 8s and answered all of my questions within 24 hours. Nthing I can say but I hadgood dealings with Skar and was pleased with the performance of the product. My point is, there are a lot of people here that bash skar every chance tthey get when they have no experience with the product or the company... I have read all about the shadiness too..but I can't bash them when I personally experienced the best CS I've had from any audio company plus the product exceeded expectations. Its fine to not want to have any dealings with skar because of the things that kevin has done... but its not cool to completely bash them in every thread that has the word "skar" in it. If you want to inform someone of the shadiness, just suggest they research the company before dealing with them. But this thread has nothing to do with skar or kevin. Most likely the OP is blwing the amp and blaming the equipment and the company.
    Your entitled to your opinion.
    I am not impressed with the quality of their product or their customer relations.
    I give the input that I do, because I would want someone to inform me if positions were reversed.
    I am sorry if that makes me "uncool."




  15. Likes Jes 42 liked this post
  16. #59
    Smitty's Avatar
    Smitty is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    260 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Your entitled to your opinion.
    I am not impressed with the quality of their product or their customer relations.
    I give the input that I do, because I would want someone to inform me if positions were reversed.
    I am sorry if that makes me "uncool."
    "I'm not impressed with the quality of their product"

    .....you are just a hater.... Skar quality is very good

    Kevin being a POS has nothin to do w/ product




  17. #60
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    Re: My SK-1500.1 is junk

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    "I'm not impressed with the quality of their product"

    .....you are just a hater.... Skar quality is very good

    Kevin being a POS has nothin to do w/ product
    Meh.




Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My 6 month old Optima Yellowtop is junk. What to do?
    By JarvisB in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 11:18 PM
  2. My Freaking Car Is Dying!!!!!!
    By Geminidj2000 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 01:30 PM
  3. So thats why my PM box is always full!!!
    By ifandorbuts in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 12:46 AM
  4. My 2 channel is now 1!
    By SKMexiFry in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2002, 02:09 PM
  5. Well my friends IDMAX is shot
    By Thumpin'Ram in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2002, 08:07 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum