Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Best budget amp for the money?

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: Best budget amp for the money?

Pair Lanzar MAXP104D 10" 2400W Peak 4 Ohm Max Series Car Audio Subwoofers Subs 068888877459 | eBay
    These would be a better sub CHEAP to buy if wanting to run @1ohm on that amp,CHEAP..These subs hit very hard, and last in a 1.4-1.6 cu ft ported box per sub..Make your ears rattle..Best bang for the buck,from my experience

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcarlos95 View Post
    Wouldn't that be overkill though?
    I have some with less power,and little less expensive,worth every penny..Im running 2-BTS 7150(75x2)bridged @2ohms on four 1k rms old school USA Made Audiobahn subs
    Attachment 26536552Attachment 26536553Attachment 26536554
    Black n silver amp at the bottom,I think youd love that cyclops, and be in awe with the power, and clean TDH it puts out,and is like a 113 db amp(bet you cant find one those cheaply,if any at all)Great amp @ 4,or 2ohms mono

OmegaBunny is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Meh, look at the classifieds and wait for a good deal to come up on quality equipment. I don't know anything about the sub mentioned above but I;m going to go out on a limb and say no. The AP15001D or the APSM will work well if you are on a budget. If your patient you can get a nice 12 or a set of 10s that will amaze you, all of your friends, and their mamas!

2007 Black Diamond FJ Cruiser with Box built by Pro-Rabbit
    H/U Kenwood DNX6960
    Sub: 1-18" Zv3 with NS coils and cone Sub Amp: Mmats 2100.2
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio L6 mids, SEAS Neo Tweets, SAX 100.4, RF 3sixty.2
    Bought From: Rio, davidtemple, Bassin Buick, Pro-Rabbit, Kangaroux, KyleBechtold Traded With: WhiteDragon551 Sold To: jdmeklove, Kpozr2, 97accordalpine

OmegaBunny is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

This would be a hell of a sub for you!

IA DP 12 D2 For Sale

2007 Black Diamond FJ Cruiser with Box built by Pro-Rabbit
    H/U Kenwood DNX6960
    Sub: 1-18" Zv3 with NS coils and cone Sub Amp: Mmats 2100.2
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio L6 mids, SEAS Neo Tweets, SAX 100.4, RF 3sixty.2
    Bought From: Rio, davidtemple, Bassin Buick, Pro-Rabbit, Kangaroux, KyleBechtold Traded With: WhiteDragon551 Sold To: jdmeklove, Kpozr2, 97accordalpine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

6. Likes AxT4430 liked this post
    naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The american bass is not a bad choice either

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

American bass x2 over jbl

GVP
    GVP is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Got few subs and amps if interested..I'm from sacramento

mcarlos95 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok so bringing this thread back to life....

I really want to go for the JBL MS-12SD. There's a 4 ohm version, and a 2 ohm version of the sub apparently. Which should I buy?

The Audiopipe APSM-1500's price is really close to the 1300. I might as well go for the 1500. Since the rating for it is 500W RMS @ 4 ohms, will I have problems pairing it with the above sub which handles 450W RMS?

My car is already wired for a sub(previous owner). It has the ground cables, audio cable(red+white), blue wire going up to the stereo, and a red(power) cable going from the trunk to the battery. At the end of the red cable where the battery is, it ends with a fuse the owner bought. The cable reaches up to the battery(barely), but will I still need to buy like 6-10 inches more of power wire(going from the end of the fuse to the battery)? How can I even tell if the wire is good enough(or too good) to handle power needed? It's measured in gauges right? How do I tell what kind I have/need?

I appreciate any advise and help. I'm solid on the equipment above unless one doesn't work with the other.

naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Not sure why you want that JBL price in Ebay $179 not good sub for the price.

2-1/2" Copper voice coil with Kapton former
    56 oz. Barium ferrit magnet structure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcarlos95 View Post
    Ok so bringing this thread back to life....

I really want to go for the JBL MS-12SD. There's a 4 ohm version, and a 2 ohm version of the sub apparently. Which should I buy?

The Audiopipe APSM-1500's price is really close to the 1300. I might as well go for the 1500. Since the rating for it is 500W RMS @ 4 ohms, will I have problems pairing it with the above sub which handles 450W RMS?

My car is already wired for a sub(previous owner). It has the ground cables, audio cable(red+white), blue wire going up to the stereo, and a red(power) cable going from the trunk to the battery. At the end of the red cable where the battery is, it ends with a fuse the owner bought. The cable reaches up to the battery(barely), but will I still need to buy like 6-10 inches more of power wire(going from the end of the fuse to the battery)? How can I even tell if the wire is good enough(or too good) to handle power needed? It's measured in gauges right? How do I tell what kind I have/need?

I appreciate any advise and help. I'm solid on the equipment above unless one doesn't work with the other.
    I know I suggested a Audiopipe amp in my last post, but since that post, I have seen evidence that those amps are not very good, at all. The APSM 2000 was tested and shown to produce only 400 watts rms of unclipped power at 4ohms. I can only imagine what little clean power the smaller amps produce. If I were you and did not mind saving a few $$ for an amp capable of providing years of service, and clean rated output,look to the AQ1200D, American Bass VFL100.1, B2 Quota,etc. for good, solid budget amps.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

13. Likes AxT4430 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

JBL MS Series MS-12SD4 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com
    D4 if you want to run @1ohm load,D2 if you want to run @2ohm load

AxT4430 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I vote american bass, IA, or ssa.. all subs are good, contact @mylows10 ; he will help you out with getting the correct version sub(s), amp, and wiring.. while giving you a killer deal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Id look into SoundStream Rubicon amps for this setup.Reasonably priced, and do rated on power,seems like the JBL sub is what you are set on.JBL have always been quality made products

BrownVanMan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

your first step should be to figure out what wire you have and to learn what your doing. we can persuade you to buy decent stuff but if you set it up incorrectly it will not sound good. next step is will you be able to build a ported box? if not then go sealed.

my guess is you have a cheapy 8 gauge kit from wallmart. Hifonics HFX12D4 (HFX12-D4) 12" Dual 4 ohm Car Subwoofer that sub with an amp to match wont stress the electical system in your car and if you learn to set your gains correctly will sound good in a prefab sealed box or sound VERY nice in a custom ported box.

just my .02 cents. Just an FYI all of us on here do get a little short so dont take it personal. ALSO do it right the first time and read and search for your answers first.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast