Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Reload Thread: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

  1. #1
    30DZ's Avatar
    30DZ is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    I have a 2012 mazda cx9 suv it's on stock electrical system, no upgrades. I have 4 - alpine tr10's installed, and have it setup with the Sundown SAZ-1500 amp, and we have an 80amp fuse which the amp keeps blowing, and then amp shuts off. Then i have to keep replacing the fuse but, it keeps blowing it when I have the volume up loud. why is it doing this? do I need to get an amp with more watts or what? Is the amp just not stable at 1 ohm? Everybody talks so highly of sundown that's why I got this amp and am dissapointed it's doing this. I'm not sure if the SAZ-1500 has the same specs as the SAZ-1500v2. I'm not sure if I have the V2 or the first one, I bought it at sound solutions audio last year brand new. So far i've only found the specs of the V2 which are this:

    Rated power output
    ----RMS power, 2 ohm linkable/dual mono
    3000W x 1CH
    ----RMS power, 1 ohm mono
    1500W x 1CH
    ----RMS power, 2 ohm mono 800W x 1CH
    ----RMS power, 4 ohm mono
    400W x 1CH

    The specs on my alpine tr-10's are this:

    Power Handling
    CEA-2031 Power Rating: 600W
    Power Range: 300 - 600 Watts
    RMS Power Handling: 600W
    Peak Power Handling: 1800W







  2. #2
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    5,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    80a fuse is not enough. you need a larger fuse. might even consider reading the manual for recommended fuse size.




  3. Thanks JoeK thanked for this post
  4. #3
    ThatChevyGuy's Avatar
    ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    12,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    You need to upgrade your electrical ASAP also



    REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

  5. Likes wickedwitt liked this post
  6. #4
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    He's most likely HARD clipped. Amps draw TONS of current when they are putting out square waves.




  7. #5
    30DZ's Avatar
    30DZ is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    It doesn't seem like I need to upgrade electrical since battery light doesn't come on lights don't flicker etc. do I still need to upgrade it if so to what? When I went to the car audio store they didn't have a fuse more than 80 amp how many amp does it need to be? Will it be the same size?




  8. #6
    NT_Hardcore's Avatar
    NT_Hardcore is offline "hardcore"



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    read the manual. the amp draws more than 80 amps. you should at least have a 2nd batt.



    2 FI BTL 18's in a BHE wall. crescendo power. plays low.

  9. #7
    30DZ's Avatar
    30DZ is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    I had a 2nd battery on my old system and sent it to my installers doing this install but they said it wasn't necessary then I asked them if the reason the fuse is blowing because we don't have the 2nd batt they said that's not the problem it's the amp because if it was a batt issue the lights would be flickering and things like that




  10. #8
    Jerhemy's Avatar
    Jerhemy is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    1,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    what size wire you using?!

    that amp is a beast and will draw much more than an 80amps.



    In the process of being installed:
    (2) DC-Level 3's
    Kicker ZX2500.1
    (2) Kinetik 2400
    Optima YT under the hood
    240amp Mechman alt
    Big Three in 1/0 Monster
    4 Runs Knu KCA 1/0 front to back
    8" Aero by Psychoacoustics
    2008 Volkswagen Jetta S

  11. #9
    NT_Hardcore's Avatar
    NT_Hardcore is offline "hardcore"



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    not having a 2nd batt is not the reason for the fuse blowing. but your car / elec. is not designed to support the extra draw the audio pulls. the fuse keeps blowing because the amp is trying to draw more than 80 amps. if the amp calls for 150 amps and the fuse is an 80 amp fuse...... and id find a new installer-



    2 FI BTL 18's in a BHE wall. crescendo power. plays low.

  12. #10
    ace_800's Avatar
    ace_800 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    tucson, az
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    First off, don't go back to that car audio shop unless its to tell them they have no clue what the fuck they are talking about
    2nd find a better shop and get a bigger fuse, I'd say 150 if its just a daily. If there are no other shops around order online or buy one from someone here.
    3rd get a 2nd battery, NOT A CAP!!! And do the Big 3
    4th if your not using 0ga, replace it



    Current set up: 2010 Buick Enclave, 2 12" MMATS PROCASTS 2.5@35, MMATS D200HC
    Hertz 165XL comps in front door, Alpine 1507 bridged
    Pioneer Z150bt Nav, Audio Technix all around.

    66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.


  13. #11
    fannin88's Avatar
    fannin88 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    The best thing you can do is stop trying to rely on this "installer" and start doing your own work. Use this site. Alot of people are very sharp with these things. Some are dumb fucks, but you'll catch on to whos who quick.




  14. #12
    30DZ's Avatar
    30DZ is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    I'll have to find a new installer I don't have the time to learn it myself. I had a feeling I needed the 2nd batt because it was in my old car and I already have it and no it's not a CAP I know those are worthless. I tried to get them to install it twice but they wouldn't. So I'll try to find a new shop. I don't have the manual to the amp anymore so what do I do? Just get a 150 amp fuse and see what happens? Are they the same size as a 80 because if its not it won't fit in the fuse holder and in that case need to go to an installer anyway

    I don't know what kind of wire it is I really don't know anything about this stuff but on the invoice they charged me for a 4g kit so maybe it's 4g?




  15. #13
    timma100's Avatar
    timma100 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    Quote Originally Posted by 30DZ View Post
    I'll have to find a new installer I don't have the time to learn it myself. I had a feeling I needed the 2nd batt because it was in my old car and I already have it and no it's not a CAP I know those are worthless. I tried to get them to install it twice but they wouldn't. So I'll try to find a new shop. I don't have the manual to the amp anymore so what do I do? Just get a 150 amp fuse and see what happens? Are they the same size as a 80 because if its not it won't fit in the fuse holder and in that case need to go to an installer anyway

    I don't know what kind of wire it is I really don't know anything about this stuff but on the invoice they charged me for a 4g kit so maybe it's 4g?
    Yes its safe to assume they used 4G, for reference, the v.1 SAZ-1500D uses 4 40AMP fuses, I ran my lines with 250A fuses for that AMP. I also had 3 batteries, 1 in front and 2 in back. Now that is overkill, but you need a second one but nothing crazy, an optima yellow top should do the trick. Just make sure you have a fuse on each end between the first and second battery positive (think if the line is cut in the middle you want all power disconnected), and fuse second battery to amp positive line. If you like having your work done call around, I wouldn't trust that shop. Good luck man, keep us posted




  16. #14
    timma100's Avatar
    timma100 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    Quote Originally Posted by 30DZ View Post
    I'll have to find a new installer I don't have the time to learn it myself. I had a feeling I needed the 2nd batt because it was in my old car and I already have it and no it's not a CAP I know those are worthless. I tried to get them to install it twice but they wouldn't. So I'll try to find a new shop. I don't have the manual to the amp anymore so what do I do? Just get a 150 amp fuse and see what happens? Are they the same size as a 80 because if its not it won't fit in the fuse holder and in that case need to go to an installer anyway

    I don't know what kind of wire it is I really don't know anything about this stuff but on the invoice they charged me for a 4g kit so maybe it's 4g?
    Yes its safe to assume they used 4G, for reference, the v.1 SAZ-1500D uses 4 40AMP fuses, I ran my lines with 250A fuses for that AMP. I also had 3 batteries, 1 in front and 2 in back. Now that is overkill, but you need a second one but nothing crazy, an optima yellow top should do the trick. Just make sure you have a fuse between the first and second battery positive, and second battery to amp positive line. If you like having your work done call around, I wouldn't trust that shop. Good luck man, keep us posted

    ---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

    **** double post sorry, phone lag




  17. #15
    30DZ's Avatar
    30DZ is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

    Thanks for the info. I'll make a note of that and call around and see if I can get somebody to make those updates. So when you say 40amp x 4 that means I don't want 1 - 150amp fuse, I want 4 - 40amp fuses, is that right? So they will need to upgrade the fuse holder to be able to support that many? Since right now it only holds 2 fues but, one for is the other small amp for the door/component speakers.

    Quote Originally Posted by timma100 View Post
    Yes its safe to assume they used 4G, for reference, the v.1 SAZ-1500D uses 4 40AMP fuses, I ran my lines with 250A fuses for that AMP. I also had 3 batteries, 1 in front and 2 in back. Now that is overkill, but you need a second one but nothing crazy, an optima yellow top should do the trick. Just make sure you have a fuse on each end between the first and second battery positive (think if the line is cut in the middle you want all power disconnected), and fuse second battery to amp positive line. If you like having your work done call around, I wouldn't trust that shop. Good luck man, keep us posted




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sundown Saz-1500D blowing fuses
    By Oldbass38 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum