Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

dbeez is offline Supporting Vendor dbeez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

dbeez is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Re: Sundown SAZ-1500 blowing the fuse

Pics of the amp

2002 suburban
    Security System Code alarm
    Electrical Dc power sp270 7 deka 9A31's and lots of 1/0
    Headunit pioneer 880prs
    Amps 2 Sax125.2 front stage crossfire xs8k@.5
    Wiring lots of 1/0 stinger, tsunami
    Mids & Tweeters 2 sets cdt m6+ mids 2 sets cdt tw25 tweets
    Subs 2-18" nightshade v2's d2
    System DetailsDaily driver.

30DZ is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbeez View Post
    Pics of the amp
    just check google images. it's in my car and under a compartment it's difficult to get to because of how the install is done, subs installed in the floor board and amp and everything under it.

ace_800 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 30DZ View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll make a note of that and call around and see if I can get somebody to make those updates. So when you say 40amp x 4 that means I don't want 1 - 150amp fuse, I want 4 - 40amp fuses, is that right? So they will need to upgrade the fuse holder to be able to support that many? Since right now it only holds 2 fues but, one for is the other small amp for the door/component speakers.
    No you don't need 4x40amps, just one ANL fuse. To be safe go with a 200ANL fuse. It is not the same fuse holder as the 80. You could find an ANL that splits the lines and have a 100amp anl for the other amp and a 150-200amp for the sundown. I'm running 250amp ANL for my 2400.1 exile and Eclipse xa4000 with no issues.

Current set up: 2010 Buick Enclave, 2 12" MMATS PROCASTS 2.5@35, MMATS D200HC
    Hertz 165XL comps in front door, Alpine 1507 bridged
    Pioneer Z150bt Nav, Audio Technix all around.

66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.

4. Thanks 30DZ thanked for this post
    30DZ is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ace_800 View Post
    No you don't need 4x40amps, just one ANL fuse. To be safe go with a 200ANL fuse. It is not the same fuse holder as the 80. You could find an ANL that splits the lines and have a 100amp anl for the other amp and a 150-200amp for the sundown. I'm running 250amp ANL for my 2400.1 exile and Eclipse xa4000 with no issues.
    Ok, thanks you posted this just in time I was right about to leave to the car audio shop i called around and they told me to bring it in so they can check it out and on the phone i was telling him i wanted 4 - 40amp fuses. i just printed out what you said and going to take it to them.

thanks!

30DZ is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok this shop is also saying I don't need a 2nd batt unless I'm pushing more than 3k watts. I brought the batt with me and they said I don't need it. They have a 300 anl fuse they said they can install it with a dist Block so the same fuse will be used with both amps. So, I guess I'm just going to do this, I bought the fuse and block etc. and have the install scheduled for friday morning.

He also told me that I could just upgrade the factory batt under the hood if I wanted but don't need the 2nd batt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

OK stop right there that shop is completely clueless do not let them touch that car again pm twistedwildchild420 I think that's how you spell it he's in Texas some where maybe close he can help advise and possibly meet and fix that BS the shop has done the second batt is needed the saz-1500 is a 2k board all day.

2002 suburban
    Headunit pioneer 880prs

30DZ is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so why is this 2nd shop now refusing my money to have the 2nd battery installed? it's not like i'm doing it myself i'm asking them to do it and paying for it so why are they declining my money and saying i don't need it? i'm not trying to say that i don't need it, because I already have the battery so it's not like i'm spending money on it. i'm actually wasting money by not using it because it's just sitting here. but i'm just trying to think now, why do they keep declining my money to do the install? doesn't make sense to me.

if i don't add the 2nd battery, what's going to happen? if nothing is going wrong now, will something eventually go wrong? i've been running this system for maybe a month now and not have had any power issues, or electrical issues. besides this fuse problem.

also i tried sending a pm to twistedwildchild420 but it says username not found

chargdbassbuick is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

30DZ is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chargdbassbuick View Post
    ok i sent a pm but, doubt he's anywhere near me, his profile says East Texas, I'm in Dallas. East TX is way too far from here but, will see what he says.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

When you get the fuse fixed and the amp is allowed to actually pull the current it needs you will have power problems then.

2002 suburban
    Headunit pioneer 880prs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

so why is this 2nd shop now refusing my money to have the 2nd battery installed? it's not like i'm doing it myself i'm asking them to do it and paying for it so why are they declining my money and saying i don't need it? i'm not trying to say that i don't need it, because I already have the battery so it's not like i'm spending money on it. i'm actually wasting money by not using it because it's just sitting here. but i'm just trying to think now, why do they keep declining my money to do the install? doesn't make sense to me.

if i don't add the 2nd battery, what's going to happen? if nothing is going wrong now, will something eventually go wrong? i've been running this system for maybe a month now and not have had any power issues, or electrical issues. besides this fuse problem.

also i tried sending a pm to twistedwildchild420 but it says username not found
    If they are refusing your money they have no clue what the fuck they are doing. Your in Dallas, there are PLENTY of shops there. Find a recommended one and go there. Fuck that other shop

66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.

30DZ is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If they are refusing your money they have no clue what the fuck they are doing. Your in Dallas, there are PLENTY of shops there. Find a recommended one and go there. Fuck that other shop
    You mean **** both shops right? Because that's the second one that said I don't need it so I need to find a third shop now

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dbeez View Post
    When you get the fuse fixed and the amp is allowed to actually pull the current it needs you will have power problems then.
    Ok got it

DDtC is offline Go cheap you get cheap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Installer thought the amp is flee market. He figured 80amps would be more then enough, and he sold you 4awg

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Alpine CDA-117
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DC 5K(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • DD M4a and XS D3100 coming soon
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

You mean **** both shops right? Because that's the second one that said I don't need it so I need to find a third shop now[COLOR="Silver"]
    Not sure why they wouldn't want to do it. I'd just call around and ask if any would. Its an easy job, it shouldn't matter if they don't think you need it, it won't hurt only help

30DZ is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure why they wouldn't want to do it. I'd just call around and ask if any would. Its an easy job, it shouldn't matter if they don't think you need it, it won't hurt only help
    Yeah I know seriously that's what I figured it could only help. I don't understand what they are thinking just giving me a headache I brought it to them for that reason. Well now I'll find a shop to do it and not take no for an answer. I was surprised that they were saying I wouldn't need it and while it does sound good I figured for running 4 alpine tr10s with this amp it would be insane but its not mind blowing like I was expecting. Hopefully after upgrading the fuse it will work properly.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast