Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Required installation materials for a second amp install with sub?

xenofactor07 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Required installation materials for a second amp install with sub?

Then I don't understand... Why does it seem like everyone says the distribution block is "necessary" to wiring two amps? Seems like a hassle.. Because you have one main 4ga wire with fuse, then a distribution block, then two splitting 8ga wires each with a fuse on them. The cables and fuse holders and fuses alone will cost upwards of $150!

So with two power cables on the same battery, just have a fuse on each one and I'll be fine?

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xenofactor07 View Post
    Right.. but does what I say above hold true? I can get an 8AWG wiring kit and a ring terminal and would be set on wiring a second amp.. Rather than buying a distribution block, fuses, extra power wire, blah blah blah. If so, this ring terminal will save my budget tremendously.
    Sure can..just be sure to add an inline fuse at the battery for sure,for safety precautions.I run 2 sets of 4ga off my last install for approx 6yrs with an anl inline fuse holder at the battery

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Then I don't understand... Why does it seem like everyone says the distribution block is "necessary" to wiring two amps? Seems like a hassle.. Because you have one main 4ga wire with fuse, then a distribution block, then two splitting 8ga wires each with a fuse on them. The cables and fuse holders and fuses alone will cost upwards of $150!

So with two power cables on the same battery, just have a fuse on each one and I'll be fine?
    Alot of people just run one dedicated supply to theyre amplifiers,generally 0ga or 4ga, and use a distro block to run multiple amps,within the limitations of the supply needed/have for the amplification needed.But has it, if you have already ran, and have your supply set up for that one amplifier, up and running,no need to pull all that wiring out to upsize the wiring ect, when all you need is another supply for another dedicated amplifier of 8ga,of 160 watts,and a 30amp load..doesnt make sense to rip out what you have and replace,and spend more money,when you have in place?Defeats the purpose for that small amount of wattage,and can become costly

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Roger that. You've been a big help but I want to pry your brain a little more. Exactly how do these ring terminals work in allowing you to make multiple connections to the same positive terminal? Do they just get stacked on top of each other?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Roger that. You've been a big help but I want to pry your brain a little more. Exactly how do these ring terminals work in allowing you to make multiple connections to the same positive terminal? Do they just get stacked on top of each other?
    They can be..no different than your existing alternator wiring added to your poss terminal along with the poss connection of the battery that runs to your main.I use batteries under my hood that have both the Post, and side terminals, and utilize both.for the vehicle needs, and the post for my audio additions and using ring terminals for a secure connection with these post connections here
    (2) POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE RING TYPE BATTERY TERMINALS FITS ALL WIRE SIZES CAR AMP | eBay

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those are pretty sweet... So you connect that on top the terminal of the battery and then you have three connections there for any use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Those are pretty sweet... So you connect that on top the terminal of the battery and then you have three connections there for any use.
    Yes sir i have two batteries, and on ea battery and you can do all sort of connections with them..easy to do the big 3 as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

By using ring terminals,I can be sure that I always have a secured connection, as long as i check my screws to make sure they are tight, that I generally check once a month due to road vibrations,in which can loosen any and all bolts under stress/vibrations of course

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm looking at the pictures and videos.. Exactly how does that fit on to the post of the battery?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I'm looking at the pictures and videos.. Exactly how does that fit on to the post of the battery?
    It slides on top of the post, and an allen screw tightens it up,to hold it on, then you have the 3 screw locations on top to add your ring terminals/supply for wiring

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I like them, and look pretty nice..never had any issues from them,they work very well..you can get either the platinumn look, or the gold/brass look,i have the brass look

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XSCORPION-SI...item41667ae53a
    You can buy just one rather than a pair if all you need it one for the poss post only

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BA dude. You just saved me at least $100 maybe more... You're a lifesaver. I'm gonna do with this setup. I only need one on the positive terminal right? I saw a video with a guy that had them on his neg terminal too.. Didn't really see the point in that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

NEW KICKER 09BTPN3 Positive/Negative Car Audio Battery Terminal Clamp Post BTPN3 | eBay
    Kicker makes one that comes with a cover

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

NEW KICKER 09BTPN3 Positive/Negative Car Audio Battery Terminal Clamp Post BTPN3 | eBay
    Kicker makes one that comes with a cover

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

BA dude. You just saved me at least $100 maybe more... You're a lifesaver. I'm gonna do with this setup. I only need one on the positive terminal right? I saw a video with a guy that had them on his neg terminal too.. Didn't really see the point in that.
    No need to spend extra funds on what you dont need in my opinion..The extra funds can be spent on other extras ..such as gas these days..lol,or ?
    Well, im glad that this may help you out..I try to let others know what I myself have experienced and hope it helps

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast