Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: One of those beginner Hiphonics threads... Help needed

DevonRayG is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of those beginner Hiphonics threads... Help needed

In my 2006 Ford Five-Hundred Limited I have 2 10" JL 10W3v3-2's wired down to 1 ohm. I had it all wired with a 4gauge wiring kit. My first amp was the Hiphonics HFi 1500.1. The professional installer guy came to me after installation and said "dude, those subs are amazing, and can take twice that amp". After a little more research I learned the HFi series isnt CEA approved. therefore most likely very over rated. I returned the Hfi 1500 and am now looking at the Hiphonics Brutus 1200.1. It is CEA approved. My budget it probably $200. So this would fit that. I cant do the Brutus 1700.1 because it requires 2 gauge wiring and i would most likely need another battery or something. im new to car audio so everything in the car is stock except for my JVC KWHDR720 Head unit. Any help?

Max_Power is offline ^ From a Hairdryer ^

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: One of those beginner Hiphonics threads... Help needed

I would look in the classifieds here, you'll find something for under 200 that will meet or exceed the hifi

References: (Sold To) - Blackbonnie, Ridinhi, BigEM (Bought From) - 95BlackGA, jonnybusa, 2002XLT, IamDeMan, kasimo420, SPL140.2, sundownz
    MY REF PAGE

Car: 1993 Ford Crown Vic LX
    HU: Panasonic CQ-C700U
    Speaker Amp: Audiopipe AP2002
    Sub Amp: Audiopipe AP18001
    Sub: 15" Kicker L7
    Box: 5.5 cu.ft. @ 35Hz w/ 68sq.in. of port
    Front Speakers: Alpine Type R 5x7
    Wiring: 1/0 Knu Wire, 4ga Stinger Wire, Knu Distribution Blocks, 1/0 Knu "Big Three", Fosgate RCAs
    Accesories: AudioControl Epicenter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

what was the question again?

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    what was the question again?
    Would the brutus 1200.1 actually power the two subs nicely? or is there another amp i should be looking at under $200 that will power the two 10"s. Because the Hfi 1500 didnt even make them move hardly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DevonRayG View Post
    Would the brutus 1200.1 actually power the two subs nicely? or is there another amp i should be looking at under $200 that will power the two 10"s. Because the Hfi 1500 didnt even make them move hardly.
    the BRZ specs I have been able to locate show a frequency response of <30hz I do not know if this is a typo or not, but would certainly put the brakes on for me buying one. I have the older Brutus BXI 1205D on 2 15's at 1ohm and it does rated power and runs cool to the touch all the time. They are efficient....there is a BXI 1605D in the classifieds for sale. I would offer $150 and run conservative on the gain if needed.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

ps I know some amps that are not CEA approved...and are way underrated....go figure

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the BRZ specs I have been able to locate show a frequency response of <30hz I do not know if this is a typo or not, but would certainly put the brakes on for me buying one. I have the older Brutus BXI 1205D on 2 15's at 1ohm and it does rated power and runs cool to the touch all the time. They are efficient....there is a BXI 1605D in the classifieds for sale. I would offer $150 and run conservative on the gain if needed.
    I cant find it on my slow computer. could you provide a link? i will continue looking for it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

9. Thanks DevonRayG thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Check the thread in the link, I'm given it a shot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

it is a good amp. I have been satisfied with mine (my wife's, actually) for 5 yrs running at 1ohm with 0 issues.

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I wondered that too before I bought my BRZ but i play just fine below 30 hz..

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post
    I wondered that too before I bought my BRZ but i play just fine below 30 hz..
    thanks for the info...I figured it was a typo.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it is a good amp. I have been satisfied with mine (my wife's, actually) for 5 yrs running at 1ohm with 0 issues.
    Thanks for helping me with that! Really looking forward to recieving this! Will most def turn the gain down on it lol. Although my last amp the hifonics HFi 1500 didn't even make the subs flex hardly. Then later I read that it is wayyyyyy overrated

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

The BRZ are a HUGE upgrade from the BXI line.. wtf are ya talking about.

I've owned both a BXi and BRZ and the BRZ dominates and is hifonics best offered amp to date

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    The BRZ are a HUGE upgrade from the BXI line.. wtf are ya talking about.

I've owned both a BXi and BRZ and the BRZ dominates and is hifonics best offered amp to date
    I did not diss the BRZ. I simply said that the specs I have found on them did not impress me and that is what the fuck I am talking about. I am very satisfied with the BXI 05D model. It has been a solid amp for the $ for many years. The best to date is the 2012 BRE model, IMO.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast