Closed Thread

Reload Thread: PPI Black ICE xo help

BigSix is online now Whippin the Bass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

PPI Black ICE xo help

Just bought the BK 340.4 and in no where in the manual does it tell the increments for the crossover settings. I googled it and came up with nothing, anyone know what the increments are? Im having to judge by ear but trying to get it right, thx

Refs- Hrtbrk1,Kharps,BenzmanSl65amg,power-fanatic07,ryanm923,goindef154,subydude81
    cianzo,Sthib,FasFocus,Misfits
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    It's a fucking shame that you got caught up trying to steal from somebody, you lowlife piece of ****. I hope you fall, asshole first, onto a 14" combat knife that's attached to a 18v Dewalt drill...
    Quote Originally Posted by retrojordans View Post
    The MTs are just like the 05' XXX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: PPI Black ICE xo help

those ****..you would just about have to have a RTA to set those things accurate. I love the flexibility to allow a active set up, but there is a lot of room between 15hz and 4khz.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

dragnix is offline LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    those ****..you would just about have to have a RTA to set those things accurate. I love the flexibility to allow a active set up, but there is a lot of room between 15hz and 4khz.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I'll make this assumption since i've had a lot of time with newer Epsilon amps. The xover settings will change when in HP as in it goes x10, so you're actually looking at 150hz-5khz. And then for the LP, it's actually 40hz-400hz. The reason for this is that if you were in the BP setting, the HP would then become the lower set of numbers, or 15-500hz and the LP would become 400hz-4khz. I do believe that is why it is labeled this way.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BigSix View Post
    Just bought the BK 340.4 and in no where in the manual does it tell the increments for the crossover settings. I googled it and came up with nothing, anyone know what the increments are? Im having to judge by ear but trying to get it right, thx
    try Grizz Archer in DIYMA, he should have the answer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragnix View Post
    I'm not 100% sure on this but I'll make this assumption since i've had a lot of time with newer Epsilon amps. The xover settings will change when in HP as in it goes x10, so you're actually looking at 150hz-5khz. And then for the LP, it's actually 40hz-400hz. The reason for this is that if you were in the BP setting, the HP would then become the lower set of numbers, or 15-500hz and the LP would become 400hz-4khz. I do believe that is why it is labeled this way.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

try Grizz Archer in DIYMA, he should have the answer
    I searched everywhere for that x10 feature and couldnt find anything...and I read on diyma that he doesnt work for them any more

Refs- Hrtbrk1,Kharps,BenzmanSl65amg,power-fanatic07,ryanm923,goindef154,subydude81
    It's a fucking shame that you got caught up trying to steal from somebody, you lowlife piece of ****. I hope you fall, asshole first, onto a 14" combat knife that's attached to a 18v Dewalt drill...

vaiboy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you have a good TrueRMS DMM, you could try playing a test tone and looking for voltage drop as you adjust the crossover. For example if you want a HP at 2.5khz, set the crossover at the minimum then play a 2.5khz tone. Note the voltage, then adjust the crossover, you are looking for about a 30% drop in voltage. If you are setting a LP start with the crossover at the max. It's not perfect but it should get you close.

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

^
    Nice tip.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

well I just emailed them so hopefully I hear something today or ill have to bring out some methods stated here

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

still waiting to hear from there, however I downloaded a tone generator on my phone and used that as a tool to figure it out, im pretty convinced now that when its in LP band mode it x10 the crossover dial because I played 330hz and and the tone started to go away around the 2 o clock position, however it sounds alot better now but still would like to hear from them

dragnix is offline LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I searched everywhere for that x10 feature and couldnt find anything...and I read on diyma that he doesnt work for them any more
    But those amps were made wen he was in charge over there n I'm sure he was the one pushing for that kind of amps that can bp

Closed Thread