Closed Thread

Reload Thread: clipping issues with alpine pdx-f4 need suggestions!

baseball9734 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

clipping issues with alpine pdx-f4 need suggestions!

i am powering 2 alpine spr-60c 6-1/2 2 way speakers with 1 inch tweeters with crossovers, and 2 alpine spr-69 6x9 coaxial 2 way, with the alpine pdx-f4 amp. the gains are only up to about a quarter of the way turned up, and the speakers are decently loud, but not as loud as they should be, if i put the gain up any more i start to hear the clipping. when the lpf switch is on no sound comes out of the speakers, very faint from back, sounds decent with the hpf on when switched to off it sounds horrible. any suggestions or fixes anyone can think of?

vaiboy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: clipping issues with alpine pdx-f4 need suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by baseball9734 View Post
    i am powering 2 alpine spr-60c 6-1/2 2 way speakers with 1 inch tweeters with crossovers, and 2 alpine spr-69 6x9 coaxial 2 way, with the alpine pdx-f4 amp. the gains are only up to about a quarter of the way turned up, and the speakers are decently loud, but not as loud as they should be, if i put the gain up any more i start to hear the clipping. when the lpf switch is on no sound comes out of the speakers, very faint from back, sounds decent with the hpf on when switched to off it sounds horrible. any suggestions or fixes anyone can think of?
    With the frequency response of those speakers you shoud be using the HPF, they don't have good low frequency response. Try setting the HPF in the 45-55hz range, from there you can increase the frequecy if you are still getting distortion. You should be able to get clean sound from them but if you want more bass you will need to replace those speakers or add a subwoofer.

3. Likes sjv13 liked this post
Closed Thread