Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be asked)

dthor68 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be asked)

This question has been asked quite a few times here. I have read many threads going back quite a few years and the answers are few and cloudy. I have noticed how opinionated folks are here, yet they end with no opinion. Please, dont think of me as a jerk for calling you opinonated. There is nothing wrong with having strong opinions when it is something you know.

I realize that a lot of people here are going to spend $700.00 on a 4 channel amp, probally never even look at $300.00 models. However, there are a lot of $300.00 amps. From what I have seen the largest percent of amps are in this range. May be why this is such a hard question to answer. I am having a real hard time making up my mind. I only want to do this once. I want the amp to last and sound good, I dont care about loud. As long as it is loud enough to keep me awake during a three hour drive home. The amp will be used to power one 10" woofer and a set of front componants in a CRV. I will run rear coaxials off the head unit. I have been trying to make up my mind for a week now and the only clear answer I have got is from Quackhead. He recomended the AQ 120.4, so far that is at the top of the list.

So straight up tell us all what NEW 4 channel amp you would get if you had a budget of $300.00. Please dont call out someone for there opinion. There seems to be a lot here looking for the same thing, so you will be helping many with your answer.

2. Dislikes Joseph7195 disliked this post

PHD - USA is online now I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

PHD - USA is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

Re: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be ask

My Adcom amp, that would have been the best bet for a used amp, I don't like too many new amps though. I did just pick up a Audiosystem X-ion amp though it looks pretty nice.

PHD Audiophile Systems Dealer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Re: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be ask

And also, dont bother with trying to sell me your amp. That is why I said "NEW". I have had a bad experiance buying used, it will never happen again. I would also appreciate if you would not try to sell me something new. All I want is opinions. When you try to push your products, it has a very negitive effect for me and many others.

5. Dislikes Joseph7195 disliked this post
    Brock79 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

I would go with the JL Audio XD400/4 or the Alpine PDX 4.100. The Alpine is 338 bucks on onlinecarstereo and the JL can be found in a few places for 300. Both are digital amps and I have ran both and prefer them over other amps I have had. This is for SQ purposes. My Rockford amps were not as clean neither were my old school Phoenix Gold amps, They were powerfeul just not clean. And the JL XD and Alpine PDX amps take up no room at all.

PHD - USA is online now I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

You may not try used, but most people do. You are asking people to push products just by making this thread, so please get off your high horse and get down to knee level where you belong.

kramer_212 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)

although the sr series is the lowest Audison offers, they can be had on ebay for $300 its more than a strong contender, I;m using one right now in my work car (sr4) and it sounds amazing. zero unwanted noise, smooth and transparent sound.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Thanks Brock. The 300/4v2, XD400 and XD500/3 are all high on my list. I have seen a couple at $311.00 but they are being sold at sites I would have a hard time trusting. However, since my wife is in auto industry she may be able to get discount from a local sub that does electronics for them. Hopefully I will know by the end of today.

kramer_212 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dthor68 View Post
    Thanks Brock. The 300/4v2, XD400 and XD500/3 are all high on my list. I have seen a couple at $311.00 but they are being sold at sites I would have a hard time trusting. However, since my wife is in auto industry she may be able to get discount from a local sub that does electronics for them. Hopefully I will know by the end of today.
    personally i like the 300/4v2 over the three listed, i used one for awhile great sq, and i love the RIPS system inside, really makes the amp step out from others.
    I actually replaced it with two 300/2v2s because i needed a little more power.

SplAffair is offline I lol'd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    339 Post(s)

Pyle, Visonik, Lanzar, Power Acoustik, Boss, Planet Audio all good SQ brands

Quote Originally Posted by predxen View Post
    Its not as loud as it should be, you stop hearing it about a block away. you should be able to hear it a quarter mile away.
    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    You need to keep the smoke INSIDE the amplifier. Once you've allowed all the happy smoke to escape the amp will stop working.
    BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

12. Thanks shpatb, PHD - USA thanked for this post
    Likes DoesDad liked this post
    imp4pdabest is offline I GOT DA BURNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ge_off_me View Post
    My Adcom amp, that would have been the best bet for a used amp, I don't like too many new amps though. I did just pick up a Audiosystem X-ion amp though it looks pretty nice.
    Audiosystems = BEAST amps!

14. Likes PHD - USA liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

For $300 you could get a great SQ 4 channel from the classifieds. If I were you, I would go old school if you want the best SQ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imp4pdabest View Post
    Audiosystems = BEAST amps!
    I just literally right now installed it, I now believe I will have no problem winning stock class sq in MECA world finals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

I just literally right now installed it, I now believe I will have no problem winning stock class sq in MECA world finals

I'm glad you're enjoying it and you're confident it's gonna bring home the trophy. I have to get my hands on one of those some day. Seems like only a handful of guys have even heard of that company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

I grabbed the X-Ion 280.2 for my mids, and might eventually grab another one for my sub. I have my eye on a 100.2 for the tweeters but not sure if I should pull the trigger yet. I guess it mainly depends on if I sell my AudioArt 140.4x lol.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

You may not try used, but most people do. You are asking people to push products just by making this thread, so please get off your high horse and get down to knee level where you belong.
    There is a big difference between pushing products and pushing your own products. A man selling fords will not tell you a Toyota is better. If you ask someone who does not sell Fords or Toyotas which is better you can get an honest, unbiased answer. That is what I am looking for, no high horse here. At knee level I would be looking you dead in the eye!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast