Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be asked)

dthor68 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be ask

So far we have some nice amps mentioned. The most poular amps mentioned are:

Alphasonic pma 640
    JL Audio
    CDT sqa 4075
    Soundstream Ref. Series
    Boston Acoustics

Others mentioned:

AQ 120.4
    Alpine pdx640
    Audison
    Cadence ZRS Series
    Arc Audio XD1804
    Image Dynamics i4500

I mentioned the Diamond Audio D6004. I am also curious about the DD Audio C5c. It looks very nice and has great numbers, never heard it so dont know.
    Thanks for the help so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be ask

Quote Originally Posted by Brock79 View Post
    You still DO NOT GET IT. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TEST AN AMP AFTER YOU GET IT, IF IT WAS SHIPPED TO YOU AND DOES NOT WORK AND THE SELLER IS A DEADBEAT AND YOU ARE SCREWED. Yes it is different if you can test and see the amp up front but that is not always the case. How about this, I will ship you a broken amp and you can test it all you want and your test will show it is no good. Then you can tell me all you want that it is no good, but I will continue to say nope it is good you must have done something to it. This would most likely get you upset with me saying it is good and it is your fault it is not working. DO YOU GET MY POINT YET??????? I have no clue why you do not understand this. There are alot of dis honest people out there.
    This is why I will never deal with ebay again. The FIRST and ONLY item i bought through them was an amplifier that was sold in "good working order". Yea, it worked half assed. It was a 2 ch amp with the left channel burnt out.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

PHD - USA is online now I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

PHD - USA is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brock79 View Post
    You still DO NOT GET IT. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TEST AN AMP AFTER YOU GET IT, IF IT WAS SHIPPED TO YOU AND DOES NOT WORK AND THE SELLER IS A DEADBEAT AND YOU ARE SCREWED. Yes it is different if you can test and see the amp up front but that is not always the case. How about this, I will ship you a broken amp and you can test it all you want and your test will show it is no good. Then you can tell me all you want that it is no good, but I will continue to say nope it is good you must have done something to it. This would most likely get you upset with me saying it is good and it is your fault it is not working. DO YOU GET MY POINT YET??????? I have no clue why you do not understand this. There are alot of dis honest people out there.
    I don't think you get it. I BUY FROM PEOPLE I KNOW, AND PEOPLE THAT HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION. Like the caps yet? therefore, if I have proof that the amp is not in said condition then I will get my money back or work something out with the seller. My point is, if people are so concerned with getting burned, buy from the well-known sellers and stop bitching about getting burned. Also, if you pay with paypal, and you have pictures and or videos of the tests, you have a much stronger case and a much better chance of winning a dispute.

PHD Audiophile Systems Dealer

DDtC is offline Go cheap you get cheap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I dont think I will ever run another front stage amp thats not a JL /, the HDs are just not the same. I just cant get into the Class D full ranges even though the audiophiles say they are the best out.

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Alpine CDA-117
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DC 5K(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • DD M4a and XS D3100 coming soon
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

PHD - USA is online now I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    what do I do if the amp craps after 6 months of being in my possession?
    More than likely a user error, or manufacturer defect that would have been noticed in your research of the amplifier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ge_off_me View Post
    More than likely a user error, or manufacturer defect that would have been noticed in your research of the amplifier.
    probably this, in most cases. And I would be screwed if I bought used... If I bought new with a 1yr replacement warranty, I could get it replaced, or if out of stock, credit for something else.
    I totally understand your side of the argument too, and would buy from you in a heartbeat, if I were in the buying mood right now. The Audio Art 140.4 is a kick ass amp..But I am just trying to reflect the sentiment of buying a new product with a Warranty

ps, what's up with the holes in the Linear Power 2202??

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DCtC View Post
    I dont think I will ever run another front stage amp thats not a JL /, the HDs are just not the same. I just cant get into the Class D full ranges even though the audiophiles say they are the best out.
    By far the best JL products IMO. I would rather buy Top of the line Cadence than bottom of the line ARC or JL
    Audio Savings | NEW JL AUDIO 300/4 SLASH SERIES 4 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER

West is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

By far the best JL products IMO. I would rather buy Top of the line Cadence than bottom of the line ARC or JL
    The specs on that are impressive for a 300$ amp, wish it could do 400watts tho.

DDtC is offline Go cheap you get cheap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    The specs on that are impressive for a 300$ amp, wish it could do 400watts tho.
    With the rips you will think its doing 400 watts. those amps dont let up as long as they are feed

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Alpine CDA-117
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DC 5K(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • DD M4a and XS D3100 coming soon
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

probably this, in most cases. And I would be screwed if I bought used... If I bought new with a 1yr replacement warranty, I could get it replaced, or if out of stock, credit for something else.
    I totally understand your side of the argument too, and would buy from you in a heartbeat, if I were in the buying mood right now. The Audio Art 140.4 is a kick ass amp..But I am just trying to reflect the sentiment of buying a new product with a Warranty

ps, what's up with the holes in the Linear Power 2202??
    I have no clue lol. I didn't put them there. That was fromt he gentlemen I bought it from haha. I didn't ask questions about cosmetics beacause I was in need of a good sq amp at the time =]

vaiboy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice amp, but that listing is for the old v1 that has been discontinued for years. JL just started shipping the new 300/4v3. You might be able to find a v2 for under $400 but be careful where you buy from if you want a warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vaiboy View Post
    Nice amp, but that listing is for the old v1 that has been discontinued for years. JL just started shipping the new 300/4v3. You might be able to find a v2 for under $400 but be careful where you buy from if you want a warranty.
    yea..the v2 is about $60 bucks more, but I figured the OP could research all that if he wanted to stretch the budget

drockstar is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dthor68 View Post
    So far we have some nice amps mentioned. The most poular amps mentioned are:

Alphasonic pma 640
    JL Audio
    CDT sqa 4075
    Soundstream Ref. Series
    Boston Acoustics

Others mentioned:

AQ 120.4
    Alpine pdx640
    Audison
    Cadence ZRS Series
    Arc Audio XD1804
    Image Dynamics i4500

I mentioned the Diamond Audio D6004. I am also curious about the DD Audio C5c. It looks very nice and has great numbers, never heard it so dont know.
    Thanks for the help so far.
    Ok, you keep mentioning the Diamond Audio D600... Well from what I've read on different boards, they're not very well respected anymore. They made very good sound quality gear in the late 90's-early 2000's. People still rave over the Eton drivers. I am not trying to sell you an amp because you have clearly stated what you are looking for. However, I do have the 2002 version of the Diamond 600.4 in mint condition and it is for sell. Now it's totally up to you about the used equipment, but I am so confident in this amp that I'd offer to let you use it for a week or so if you had positive feedback. If you know someone on this board with positive feedback and is near Shreveport I'd let them check it out as well.

Bought From: itHertz, cdimic25, Sold To: Bettr n' Revrse, Silver-n-Black, Supra94, ebay rating 100% with 139 feedbacks (dchap123)

drockstar is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dthor68 View Post
    Earlier: SplAffair said, "Pyle, Visonik, Lanzar, Power Acoustik, Boss, Planet Audio all good SQ brands".

When asked if Diamond Audio was any good: SplAffair said, "They are great amps".

I guess Diamond Audio aint no good?
    Dthor, it was sarcasm... Those amps are all low end, he was just messing with you.

Bought From: itHertz, cdimic25, Sold To: Bettr n' Revrse, Silver-n-Black, Supra94, ebay rating 100% with 139 feedbacks (dchap123)

dthor68 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drockstar View Post
    Dthor, it was sarcasm... Those amps are all low end, he was just messing with you.
    Really? Did I mention those low end amps on the list I made?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast