Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be asked)

dthor68 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Re: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be ask

That is a very good price Quackhead! Who the hell is NewEgg?

2. Dislikes I<3AudioTechnix disliked this post

murph is offline Low for Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1438 Post(s)

Re: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be ask

Quote Originally Posted by dthor68 View Post
    Earlier: SplAffair said, "Pyle, Visonik, Lanzar, Power Acoustik, Boss, Planet Audio all good SQ brands".

When asked if Diamond Audio was any good: SplAffair said, "They are great amps".

I guess Diamond Audio aint no good?
    Diamond is good but, is not a leading sq company.

Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

SplAffair is offline I lol'd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    339 Post(s)

Earlier: SplAffair said, "Pyle, Visonik, Lanzar, Power Acoustik, Boss, Planet Audio all good SQ brands".

When asked if Diamond Audio was any good: SplAffair said, "They are great amps".

I guess Diamond Audio aint no good?
    I was being a smart *** if you didn't pick that up. Apparently you didn't judging by your grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by predxen View Post
    Its not as loud as it should be, you stop hearing it about a block away. you should be able to hear it a quarter mile away.
    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    You need to keep the smoke INSIDE the amplifier. Once you've allowed all the happy smoke to escape the amp will stop working.
    BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

Brock79 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

I would never buy used and its not a trust issue. You can buy something and a week later have it fail at no fault of previous owner new owner or install. Just something went bad in the amp. Now you spent 300 and no warranty. Now you need to pony up another 300 to replace that amp. And you might gdt one that doesnt work and you got beat by the seller. I always go new just my opinion.

PHD - USA is offline I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

PHD - USA is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

There are easy ways of testing the health of a used amplifier....

Phoenix Gold Phorum &bull; View topic - Amplifier Distortion and DC-Offset Info

PHD Audiophile Systems Dealer

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1555 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    I don't have anything bad to say about it....meh

Boston Acoustics GT-2125 (gt2125) GT Reference 2-Channel Amplifier X2
    Definitely this
    Quote Originally Posted by MS150 View Post
    i really like the boston amps too, ive had very good experiences with them. am i the only person upset about losing boston? i love the pros, may even buy a few sets and keep them around. havent heard any components similar, i like the tweeter, in the price range. I KNOW... I KNOW... SORRY... i didnt mean to get off topic.
    You are certainly not the only person upset lol BA is still one of my favorite car audio brands and I think they should have gotten way more love than they did. Especially with brands like Audiopipe on the rise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1188 Post(s)

That is a very good price Quackhead! Who the hell is NewEgg?
    Bud, I have not bought from NewEgg yet. They are like a lot of online retailers that take your order, and ship from a warehouse, or another business...it is common practice. I have bought from Woofers Etc, Sonic Electronix, Onlinecarstereo, etc. I have had multiple item orders ship from destinations on opposite sides of the Country, lol. It kinda ***** to receive a Sub shipped from N.C., and wait a day or two on the amp being shipped from Ca...but it is what it is. Fortunately, the one time I did receive a sub in the mail that was bad, I contacted the seller by phone and they shipped me a new one with a return shipping label for the old one..
    Call them up:
    Phone Hours of Operation:
    Mon - Fri: 5:30am - 5:30pm PT
    Toll Free
    (800) 390-1119

Newegg.com
    9997 Rose Hills Road
    Whittier, CA. 90601

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ge_off_me View Post
    There are easy ways of testing the health of a used amplifier....

Phoenix Gold Phorum &bull; View topic - Amplifier Distortion and DC-Offset Info
    This is true but if an amp is shipped from 5 states away and the seller is a deadbeat all the tests you can run doesn't mean a thing. If the amp goes a week later then you need to get it repaired. So tests don't mean crap. At least new you have a warranty. Nothing you say can change that. And obviously i had to repeat myself because you missed what i was pointing out. Deadbeat sellers and amps going bad with no warranty.

PHD - USA is offline I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brock79 View Post
    This is true but if an amp is shipped from 5 states away and the seller is a deadbeat all the tests you can run doesn't mean a thing. If the amp goes a week later then you need to get it repaired. So tests don't mean crap. At least new you have a warranty. Nothing you say can change that. And obviously i had to repeat myself because you missed what i was pointing out. Deadbeat sellers and amps going bad with no warranty.
    Obviously you are buying from the wrong people. I have never and I mean NEVER had a problem I couldn't solve with a little talking and common sense. When I first started shipping amps I made a big mistake, and the amps I sent got damaged. I refunded the seller the money and paid for shipping back to me. I have dealt with many people that would do anything in their power to make a deal gone awry right. So I'm so sorry that you don't deal with the correct people and do not do your research.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1188 Post(s)

Obviously you are buying from the wrong people. I have never and I mean NEVER had a problem I couldn't solve with a little talking and common sense. When I first started shipping amps I made a big mistake, and the amps I sent got damaged. I refunded the seller the money and paid for shipping back to me. I have dealt with many people that would do anything in their power to make a deal gone awry right. So I'm so sorry that you don't deal with the correct people and do not do your research.
    I think what they are saying is by buying used, if the amp goes bad a month after purchase, there is nothing that can be done. Would you take back an amp I bought from you and ran for two months before it quit? I would not even consider trying to hold you accountable. Anything that is bought and comes with a valid warranty card that can be registered, either with the Manufacturer OR the Seller is something...better to at the very least have the $300 credit towards another item than be shit out of luck.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

I think what they are saying is by buying used, if the amp goes bad a month after purchase, there is nothing that can be done. Would you take back an amp I bought from you and ran for two months before it quit? I would not even consider trying to hold you accountable. Anything that is bought and comes with a valid warranty card that can be registered, either with the Manufacturer OR the Seller is something...better to at the very least have the $300 credit towards another item than be shit out of luck.
    Exactly!!!! Some people just don't understand what point is trying to be made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

I have never bought a used amp or any other used equipment. But I see it way to often people that get burned. And you may be a stand up guy with your equipment but it doesn't mean everyone else is. Some people will sell you something broken or not working and then swear that you must have did something when you got it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

Like I said, testing the equipment both before and after shipment if you are so concerned is your best bet. If it varies from what it tested previously by a large amount, then request a refund. That test that I linked truly does give a very good look at the health of an amplifier. So that covers that bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Like I said, testing the equipment both before and after shipment if you are so concerned is your best bet. If it varies from what it tested previously by a large amount, then request a refund. That test that I linked truly does give a very good look at the health of an amplifier. So that covers that bit.
    You still DO NOT GET IT. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TEST AN AMP AFTER YOU GET IT, IF IT WAS SHIPPED TO YOU AND DOES NOT WORK AND THE SELLER IS A DEADBEAT AND YOU ARE SCREWED. Yes it is different if you can test and see the amp up front but that is not always the case. How about this, I will ship you a broken amp and you can test it all you want and your test will show it is no good. Then you can tell me all you want that it is no good, but I will continue to say nope it is good you must have done something to it. This would most likely get you upset with me saying it is good and it is your fault it is not working. DO YOU GET MY POINT YET??????? I have no clue why you do not understand this. There are alot of dis honest people out there.

16. Dislikes I<3AudioTechnix disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1188 Post(s)

what do I do if the amp craps after 6 months of being in my possession?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast