Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be asked)

PHD - USA is offline I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

PHD - USA is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Re: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be ask

I beg to differ. I sold my Adcom amps so I am not pushing anything. I am not Selling my Audiosystem amp, so once again I am not pushing anything. As a guy who competes in sound quality, I am merely telling you that you can get a much better amp used for $300 than you can new for the same amount. So by your logic, I am unbiased because I am not offering you any products. Though I may be sponsored or nut hug a company. Common sense and logic > You.

PHD Audiophile Systems Dealer

chillin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Best SQ 4 Channel Amp for $300.00 (Maybe, the last time this question will be ask

I have personally thought about an alphasonik pma640 for a while. A lot of people here say they are low end, but i have talked to a few that say those amps do clean rated power. It is a 4x160w amp that will put out 2x160 and 1x960@1ohm for the sub.

Children are the future… today belongs to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chillin View Post
    I have personally thought about an alphasonik pma640 for a while. A lot of people here say they are low end, but i have talked to a few that say those amps do clean rated power. It is a 4x160w amp that will put out 2x160 and 1x960@1ohm for the sub.
    Anyone who says that is confused and ignorant. Alphasonk's are hogs, just like any other A/B high current amp. And you need good electrical to back them up at 1ohm or .5 ohm or they will go down, just like any other amp driven to a low impedance and not backed up by good electrical. They come with a dash mounted voltage meter for a reason...

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

dthor68 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ge_off_me View Post
    I beg to differ. I sold my Adcom amps so I am not pushing anything. I am not Selling my Audiosystem amp, so once again I am not pushing anything. As a guy who competes in sound quality, I am merely telling you that you can get a much better amp used for $300 than you can new for the same amount. So by your logic, I am unbiased because I am not offering you any products. Though I may be sponsored or nut hug a company. Common sense and logic > You.
    I never said you were pushing anyhing, I was just trying to get it out there before it started. If you have nothing to offer, why reply? Dont get me wrong I do appreciate that you took the time to reply. The same thing happens on all these threads. Someone will ask a question, it wont get answered because of an argument or hijacking.

I did look up Audiosystems. The 70.4 did look very nice. I cant seem to find a price in USD. Looks to be about 250-300 pounds. That is about $450.00, I think, and very hard to find in the states. I will check out the Adcom stuff, never knew they made car audio. At one time I had an Adcom preamp, very nice. About 15 years ago went all NAD and never looked back.

PHD - USA is offline I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

PHD - USA is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dthor68 View Post
    I never said you were pushing anyhing, I was just trying to get it out there before it started. If you have nothing to offer, why reply? Dont get me wrong I do appreciate that you took the time to reply. The same thing happens on all these threads. Someone will ask a question, it wont get answered because of an argument or hijacking.

I did look up Audiosystems. The 70.4 did look very nice. I cant seem to find a price in USD. Looks to be about 250-300 pounds. That is about $450.00, I think, and very hard to find in the states. I will check out the Adcom stuff, never knew they made car audio. At one time I had an Adcom preamp, very nice. About 15 years ago went all NAD and never looked back.
    They made car audio back in the 90s and it was some of the best equipment ever made for sq in my book.

I thought your post was in reply to mine since it came like 13 minutes after I made my post about used equipment... lol

PHD Audiophile Systems Dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I know it is $60 over budget and is a outdated model, but it is a beautiful beast rated at 13.8v...
    Audio Savings | CADENCE ZRS-C4 COMPETITION 4 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER AMP

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ge_off_me View Post
    They made car audio back in the 90s and it was some of the best equipment ever made for sq in my book.

I thought your post was in reply to mine since it came like 13 minutes after I made my post about used equipment... lol
    Right after posting the thread I wanted to edit it to add what I had said. It would not allow me to edit because you had allready responded. You must of responded in less than a minute. I got to say when I read your reply I was rollin my eyes. So I guess in a way it was due to your reply but not directly. It seems like every thread I read here someone is trying to sell there equipment, that is what the classifieds are for. Its all good.

imp4pdabest is offline I GOT DA BURNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dthor68 View Post
    Right after posting the thread I wanted to edit it to add what I had said. It would not allow me to edit because you had allready responded. You must of responded in less than a minute. I got to say when I read your reply I was rollin my eyes. So I guess in a way it was due to your reply but not directly. It seems like every thread I read here someone is trying to sell there equipment, that is what the classifieds are for. Its all good.
    Though @ge_off_me really wasn't trying to sell you an amp, these boards are filled with people trying to pimp their products. It's impossible to ask a question about subs, amps or speakers here without someone trying to sell you their product.

I know you've had a bad experience buying a used amp, and you may never wanna buy used again. However, there's some good sellers on this site with great amps, and they wouldn't risk their rep to make some $ by selling a bad amp. But if you want new, the recommendations are gonna vary.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How about Diamond? Back in the 90's, Diamond was a good name. I have not seen any mention of them at caraudio.com.

This is a nice looking amp, very clean.
    https://www.woofersetc.com/p-10054-d...amplifier.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

n/m

chillin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    Anyone who says that is confused and ignorant. Alphasonk's are hogs, just like any other A/B high current amp. And you need good electrical to back them up at 1ohm or .5 ohm or they will go down, just like any other amp driven to a low impedance and not backed up by good electrical. They come with a dash mounted voltage meter for a reason...
    I agree, I just see people make those comments once in a while. I dont think that amount of A/B power can be beat for 329 new
    Alphasonik PMA640HCE 4 Channel Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

Children are the future… today belongs to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chillin View Post
    I agree, I just see people make those comments once in a while. I dont think that amount of A/B power can be beat for 329 new
    Alphasonik PMA640HCE 4 Channel Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com
    That amp would draw close to 300a at .5 ohm/ch....and yeah, $330 for a amp that cost $675 in a store, is a good deal..they are very good SQ amps too at 4ohms

murph is offline Low for Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Anyone have anything good to say about Diamond Audio?

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)

cdt sqa 4075 $300 new on sale

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast