Closed Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Reload Thread: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

  1. #1
    caseyarndt's Avatar
    caseyarndt is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    its rated at 1600@2ohms but what kind of real power can I expect out of it?
    thanks for any input
    I would really like to stay way from running it at .5 ohm



    Car: Chevy Cobalt Coupe
    Front Stage: Mids: Aura rpm 4", Midbass: Four Aura NS6's
    Rear Fill: Pioneer 6x9s
    Amps: 2 Rockford Fosgate T400-4's, and a T1500-1BDCP
    Electrical: Stock 140amp alt, Big 3, and a SHURiKEN SK-BT100
    Winter sub setup: Kicker F12a IB mounted from rear deck
    In the works: Diamond D9 12




  2. #2
    CAT MAN's Avatar
    CAT MAN is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Roanoke,VA
    Posts
    8,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2373 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?





  3. #3
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    How much power do you need? At 2 ohm nominal, you'll be running over 4ohms 99% of the time. Lol.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  4. #4
    Falcons's Avatar
    Falcons is offline that **** i dont like



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Albion, New York, United States
    Posts
    5,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1375 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    yeah man if your running .5 ohms daily you will ptobably never see below 1 ohms anyway lol



    Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

  5. #5
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1488 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    How much power do you need? At 2 ohm nominal, you'll be running over 4ohms 99% of the time. Lol.
    Yeah this lol. Run the amp at .5 and just keep an eye on your voltage. You're gonna be running at at least 1 ohm most of the time anyways from your box rise




  6. #6
    caseyarndt's Avatar
    caseyarndt is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    You guys think I should run it at .5?
    I have a dd9515 dual 1.
    140 amp alternator, Big 3 and a couple smaller deep cycle batteries like 600cca each.
    And when I started the tread I didn't think it was that dumb of an idea but I guess it seems like kind of a waste of a 3000 watt amp



    Car: Chevy Cobalt Coupe
    Front Stage: Mids: Aura rpm 4", Midbass: Four Aura NS6's
    Rear Fill: Pioneer 6x9s
    Amps: 2 Rockford Fosgate T400-4's, and a T1500-1BDCP
    Electrical: Stock 140amp alt, Big 3, and a SHURiKEN SK-BT100
    Winter sub setup: Kicker F12a IB mounted from rear deck
    In the works: Diamond D9 12

  7. #7
    caseyarndt's Avatar
    caseyarndt is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    so I'm pretty sure everyone has lol'd at me in this thread so I might as well to lol



    Car: Chevy Cobalt Coupe
    Front Stage: Mids: Aura rpm 4", Midbass: Four Aura NS6's
    Rear Fill: Pioneer 6x9s
    Amps: 2 Rockford Fosgate T400-4's, and a T1500-1BDCP
    Electrical: Stock 140amp alt, Big 3, and a SHURiKEN SK-BT100
    Winter sub setup: Kicker F12a IB mounted from rear deck
    In the works: Diamond D9 12

  8. #8
    Falcons's Avatar
    Falcons is offline that **** i dont like



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Albion, New York, United States
    Posts
    5,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1375 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    Quote Originally Posted by caseyarndt View Post
    so I'm pretty sure everyone has lol'd at me in this thread so I might as well to lol
    just monitor your voltage over the next week or so at full tilt and if it gets to low, then just back the gain off



    Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

  9. #9
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    Quote Originally Posted by caseyarndt View Post
    You guys think I should run it at .5?
    I have a dd9515 dual 1.
    140 amp alternator, Big 3 and a couple smaller deep cycle batteries like 600cca each.
    And when I started the tread I didn't think it was that dumb of an idea but I guess it seems like kind of a waste of a 3000 watt amp
    I don't normally recommend running .5, but it's a lot easier to watch voltage than to listen (or smell) for clipping.

    People will tell you until they are blue in the face that you can't underpower a sub. And they're right. But if you have too little power and want that little bit more, the tendancy is to run the gain and volume knob up looking for that little extra. And even at 2 ohm nominal, you'll likely see enough to get that 9515 into trouble if you're clipping it.

    I actually think 1 ohm is a waste of an amp. Lol. Box rise breaks my heart, but with your current electrical, keep it at 2ohms for the time being and see where you're at on voltage. If you're not getting past 12.5 or so, give .5 a run and watch that voltmeter like a hawk.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  10. Thanks caseyarndt thanked for this post
  11. #10
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1956 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    Those sundown 3Ks get down at .5 nominal. If all your batteries are in good shape it should be OK.




  12. #11
    caseyarndt's Avatar
    caseyarndt is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    I don't normally recommend running .5, but it's a lot easier to watch voltage than to listen (or smell) for clipping.

    People will tell you until they are blue in the face that you can't underpower a sub. And they're right. But if you have too little power and want that little bit more, the tendancy is to run the gain and volume knob up looking for that little extra. And even at 2 ohm nominal, you'll likely see enough to get that 9515 into trouble if you're clipping it.

    I actually think 1 ohm is a waste of an amp. Lol. Box rise breaks my heart, but with your current electrical, keep it at 2ohms for the time being and see where you're at on voltage. If you're not getting past 12.5 or so, give .5 a run and watch that voltmeter like a hawk.

    That sounds like good idea. thanks for the advice guys
    Another stupid question I know box rise raises impedance and so does smaller/longer wire
    so my question is do some people use smaller speaker wire on purpose just to raise the impedance the amp sees? not saying I would do it but just wondering



    Car: Chevy Cobalt Coupe
    Front Stage: Mids: Aura rpm 4", Midbass: Four Aura NS6's
    Rear Fill: Pioneer 6x9s
    Amps: 2 Rockford Fosgate T400-4's, and a T1500-1BDCP
    Electrical: Stock 140amp alt, Big 3, and a SHURiKEN SK-BT100
    Winter sub setup: Kicker F12a IB mounted from rear deck
    In the works: Diamond D9 12

  13. #12
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    Quote Originally Posted by caseyarndt View Post
    That sounds like good idea. thanks for the advice guys
    Another stupid question I know box rise raises impedance and so does smaller/longer wire
    so my question is do some people use smaller speaker wire on purpose just to raise the impedance the amp sees? not saying I would do it but just wondering
    I hear people saying this, but I've never actually tested it. Probably because I use 8awg for my speaker wire. Lol. But there are waaaaay better ways to engineer in some rise if you need it than to undersize your wire.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  14. #13
    Blue Fury's Avatar
    Blue Fury is offline Quagmire's Chin



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fresno Area, Ca
    Posts
    2,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

    Re: saz3000 real power at 2ohms?

    Need a sundown 3K??? I have one for sale: Selling Everything



    ***My build: 2 SSA Xcons, Sundown, Vifa, TB, Hertz, 880prs, etc.***
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359675

    CA Refs: bought from: Jacka, bones22, civicman07, Zeuslicious, 90accordman, DesertDawg(<---EXCELLENT seller), mclerico83
    Sold to: 97accordalpine, Jgyolai, brenTgrillzem, nicksredline, lantz, bagged97tacoma, Plottin4success, microhaxo, pinoy2o9, LaserRed38
    ROE Refs: Bought from delvryboy, jnralp00, dcmcki, Mxman38, Excessive Amperage, GoinDef154, blackdragonx118, Assman.

    Currently For sale: Everything

Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Zapco Reference 1000? Bridged at 2ohm?
    By RcRacerDrew in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 03:01 PM
  2. WTT Hifonics 1605 for amp that does power at 2ohms
    By dacheatham in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
  3. WTB PG x600.1/x400.1 or Kicker kx400.1/kx600.1 -- or simillar power at 2ohms
    By beyap in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 04:29 AM
  4. Best amp to power an 800W RMS sub at 2OHMS
    By aarunt1 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 08:34 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum