Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Questions for my new system

rock2593 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Questions for my new system

Alright so I've narrowed down my selection for amps...I have two JL 10w3v3-4 @4 ohms so I'm either gonna go with a Sax-1200 or Saz-1500, Kicker zx750.1, or JL slash 500/1(or if the 600/1 comes out soon ill look at that)....???
    ...Now I'm getting a set of front comps and rear coaxiles....what do you guys think about me getting a pair of http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...?itemid=112907 for comps and a pair of http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...?itemid=223190 for coaxiles. Andd what amp do you think i should use to power these speakers?

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Re: Questions for my new system

I never was impressed with RF comps....whats your budget for comps also for an amp?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    I never was impressed with RF comps....whats your budget for comps also for an amp?
    I could probably spend 1000, but thats for front comps, rear coax, and an amp to power the speakers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rock2593 View Post
    I could probably spend 1000, but thats for front comps, rear coax, and an amp to power the speakers
    Front comps: Image Dynamics CXS62 v.2 6-1/2" Chameleon Component Speakers System (those are the 2 ohm version that will allow u to get more power from your amp, which is what I'd do) If you're scared to run the extra power, they make a 4 ohm version: Image Dynamics CXS64 v.2 6-1/2" Chameleon Component Speakers System or you could upgrade to these: WoofersEtc.com - XS-65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 Way Component System

Rear Coaxs: CTX65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers | WoofersEtc just save the cash and get a lower line, but still great sounding rear speaker since you will mainly hear the fronts anyway

Amp: Boston Acoustics GT-4100 4 Channel Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com one of the best amps you'll find in the price range IMO. Great SQ, internal fan, 1 ohm stable stereo, 2 ohms stable bridged....what more could u ask? for it to make u a sammich?

That all comes out to around, like $755 or so (quick math, forgive me if I'm wrong) or around $870 if u do the upgraded fronts I posted up there.

5. Thanks rock2593 thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I doubt I'm gonna get a set of JL's bc they are over priced... but I'm just curios, how do you think these: WoofersEtc.com - XS-65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 Way Component System compare to JL's C5's: C5-650 - Car Audio - Evolution® - C5 - Component Systems - JL Audio ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I doubt I'm gonna get a set of JL's bc they are over priced... but I'm just curios, how do you think these: WoofersEtc.com - XS-65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 Way Component System compare to JL's C5's: C5-650 - Car Audio - Evolution® - C5 - Component Systems - JL Audio ?
    Some JL stuff isn't as overpriced as some ppl would have u believe. IMO, when it comes to speakers, the C2 and C5 lines, off the top of my head, are nice for the online prices and they've been used in a few winning SQ cars. That said, I don't recommend anyone buy JL speakers without hearing them for them self. JL comps have a really laid back sound that some ppl love and some hate. (Same way with Infinity speakers and the "bright" sound.)

The ID's have a more..."universal" sound that more ppl can appreciate.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some JL stuff isn't as overpriced as some ppl would have u believe. IMO, when it comes to speakers, the C2 and C5 lines, off the top of my head, are nice for the online prices and they've been used in a few winning SQ cars. That said, I don't recommend anyone buy JL speakers without hearing them for them self. JL comps have a really laid back sound that some ppl love and some hate. (Same way with Infinity speakers and the "bright" sound.)

The ID's have a more..."universal" sound that more ppl can appreciate.
    would C5 comps in the front work with C2 coax in the back? or would the C5 coax actually be that different/better than the C2?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think I'm more interested in the ID but and still curious if you can run a lower class coax with better model comps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

would C5 comps in the front work with C2 coax in the back? or would the C5 coax actually be that different/better than the C2?
    yes, u can do that. Your main speaker focus should be your front speakers while still not completely cheaping out on the rears like running Pyle 6.5s or something lol

11. Thanks rock2593 thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes, u can do that. Your main speaker focus should be your front speakers while still not completely cheaping out on the rears like running Pyle 6.5s or something lol
    Awesome, i think i might make some moves on buy the ID...whats your opinion on a good amp for my two 10w3v3? If i was going JL i was maybe thinking either the 500/1v2 or 600/1v3(when it comes out) or the HD750/1. If i wasn't gonna go JL i was thinking the SA SAX1200D or the Kicker ZX750.1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Awesome, i think i might make some moves on buy the ID...whats your opinion on a good amp for my two 10w3v3? If i was going JL i was maybe thinking either the 500/1v2 or 600/1v3(when it comes out) or the HD750/1. If i wasn't gonna go JL i was thinking the SA SAX1200D or the Kicker ZX750.1
    Those are all fine choices. It really comes down to what u want to spend and what brand u want.

If money weren't an object, i would probably get the HD 750/1....best bang for the buck would be the Sundown or the kicker depending on what pricing you're getting.

14. Thanks rock2593 thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those are all fine choices. It really comes down to what u want to spend and what brand u want.

If money weren't an object, i would probably get the HD 750/1....best bang for the buck would be the Sundown or the kicker depending on what pricing you're getting.
    Alright cool, so i think I've finally made up my mind on what to get haha, gonna get the HD750/1 to power the two 10w3's, then gonna get the Image Dynamics XS-65's and CTX65's powered by the Boston Acoustics GT-4100, maybe get a JL Cleensweep because its so hard to change the HU on my G35x, and do the Big 3

16. Likes Why So Cereal? liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Alright cool, so i think I've finally made up my mind on what to get haha, gonna get the HD750/1 to power the two 10w3's, then gonna get the Image Dynamics XS-65's and CTX65's powered by the Boston Acoustics GT-4100, maybe get a JL Cleensweep because its so hard to change the HU on my G35x, and do the Big 3
    That setup sounds soooo smexy! I mad jelly bro! lol

I'm sure with the proper install you'll LOVE it. That sounds like a setup I'd run all day and I'm pretty picky haha

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

wished i had seen this soon i run 2 10w3v3's in my silverado extended cab under the backseat run by a jl slash 1000 1v2 and it POUNDS and its real clean love it

Closed Thread