Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: New to Car Audio need some help!!!

Komsan6063 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

New to Car Audio need some help!!!

So i am going to get these kickers below \/\/\/\/\/\/. (((((((Are they 800 rms watts each or 800 total?)))))They seem good and are only like 300 bucks. Now i need help finding an amplifier to power these. I dont want something expensive like a kicker amp but something around same power and quality. I have heard that hifonics have good amps but i dont know for sure. Could someone tell me an amp thats in the 100-200 max range that will do what i need? Also what wiring kit do i need?

Any help is much appreciated, I have never owned a system and i havent found help elsewhere! Thanks!!!

Subwoofer Specifications:

12" CompVR Subwoofers
    Power Handling:
    Peak: 1600 watts
    RMS: 800 watts
    Enclosure impedance: 2 ohms (Wired internally in series/parallel to final 2 ohm impedance)
    Injection molded cone woofer
    Ribbed santoprene surround
    360-degree back bracing
    Alunimized coating
    Spring loaded push terminals and perimeter venting
    Textured steel basket
    High temperature dual 4 ohm voice coils
    Frequency response: 25-500 Hz
    Sensitivity: 86 dB
    Authorized Internet Dealer
    1-year manufacturer's warranty (subwoofer only)
    Enclosure Specifications:

Dual 12" Vented Enclosure
    3/4" MDF Construction
    Heavy duty black carpeting
    Embroidered Kicker logo
    Dimensions: 32-3/8" W x 16" H x 17-3/8" D (Bottom) x 13-15/16" D (Top)

RangerDangerV2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2228 Post(s)

Re: New to Car Audio need some help!!!

1999 Tahoe
    2 sa12s
    4th order
    145.18 @33z... with less than 500 watts!

dirtyunclerandy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

If you haven't purchased those wooofers, then don't. We can get you something much better for the money, plus that will sound bad

Let's start at the beginning. What is your total budget for amp, subs and box. What vehicle is it going in?

now 2012 Kia Optima SX

DD M1C
    Sundown E10s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Komsan6063 View Post
    So i am going to get these kickers below \/\/\/\/\/\/. (((((((Are they 800 rms watts each or 800 total?)))))They seem good and are only like 300 bucks. Now i need help finding an amplifier to power these. I dont want something expensive like a kicker amp but something around same power and quality. I have heard that hifonics have good amps but i dont know for sure. Could someone tell me an amp thats in the 100-200 max range that will do what i need? Also what wiring kit do i need?

Subwoofer Specifications:

12" CompVR Subwoofers
    Power Handling:
    Peak: 1600 watts
    RMS: 800 watts
    Enclosure impedance: 2 ohms (Wired internally in series/parallel to final 2 ohm impedance)
    Injection molded cone woofer
    Ribbed santoprene surround
    360-degree back bracing
    Alunimized coating
    Spring loaded push terminals and perimeter venting
    Textured steel basket
    High temperature dual 4 ohm voice coils
    Frequency response: 25-500 Hz
    Sensitivity: 86 dB
    Authorized Internet Dealer
    1-year manufacturer's warranty (subwoofer only)
    Enclosure Specifications:

Dual 12" Vented Enclosure
    3/4" MDF Construction
    Heavy duty black carpeting
    Embroidered Kicker logo
    Dimensions: 32-3/8" W x 16" H x 17-3/8" D (Bottom) x 13-15/16" D (Top)
    They fucking suck and you're a fucking moron for thinking they're good. What about them seems good? You have no idea, do you?

and i havent found help elsewhere
    I posted in the topic you made almost exactly a day ago, giving you plenty of advice, here: New to Car Audio

Honestly, I almost feel like you're just going to buy whatever you see on YouTube regardless of what anyone here says. In that case, maybe look for some 10 gauge power and ground wire from Walmart, pick up one of their Boss amps, and go to town.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyunclerandy View Post
    If you haven't purchased those wooofers, then don't. We can get you something much better for the money, plus that will sound bad

Let's start at the beginning. What is your total budget for amp, subs and box. What vehicle is it going in?
    His budget is $500 total, including a professional install, head unit, amp, box, and subs. Full list of requirements are in his last thread of nearly the exact same title(excluding "need some help!!!").

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

dirtyunclerandy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

Can't **** with broke people, sorry

now 2012 Kia Optima SX

DD M1C
    Sundown E10s

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Id like to spend under 600 total. I have limited space it needs to fit in the trunk of a 2009 corolla

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

lol fuckin ****** you dont give advice you just call ppl out for not knowing alot.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

So i cant get anything with 600 bucks? the 600 doesnt include professional installation. My parents said theyd put 600 down for a system as a graduation gift. id pay for installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

lol fuckin ****** you dont give advice you just call ppl out for not knowing alot.
    Not at all. I posted in your topic yesterday trying to give you advice. So did two other people. Now that you're back today, 24 hours later, with a new topic about the exact same thing that was addressed yesterday, I'm wondering why you're even here at all. I tried to help, but you don't want to stray away from the CVRs that you thought were so badass on YouTube.

$600 is for what, then? Head unit, subs, amp, box, wiring? It could be done, but you can't be expecting a ton of power with that.

You could get two SSA Dcons for $125(plus shipping) each: DCON-12 D4

An Audiopipe APSM-1500 for $115(after a coupon): Audiopipe APSM-1500 1500 Watt Mono Mini Amplifier : APSM1500 : VMInnovations.com

JVC head unit for $70: JVC KD-R330 (KDR330) In-Dash CD/MP3 Car Stereo Receiver w/ Remote

Prefab sealed box(slightly less than optimal, but it would be fine) for $60: Custom Enclosures MDFD12 Dual 12" 3/4" MDF Sealed Subwoofer

Knu Konceptz 1/0 OFC amp kit(should be enough extra to somewhat beef up your electrical, although you'll be running at 4 ohms so it wouldn't be that bad: 0 GAUGE AMP POWER KIT

That's right at $600, and shipping would put you slightly over the top. If you want to go a bit cheaper on your wire, @Argent Audio can probably hook you up with some cheap Stinger stuff at a good price, or look at Cadence's wiring kits(I can give you a link if you want one).

people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1555 Post(s)

First off, if you're paying $300 for CVRs, youre doing it wrong. I had CVRs and got em for 75 a pop online, and at that price, they're pretty hard to beat IMO....but at 300, HECK NO! I'd look at the SSA DCON or Dayton Reference HO.

In case I missed it, are u set on buying new? u can get much more for your money buying used....what part of Florida are u in? I know some ppl around Florida who might be able to hook u up...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

treasure coast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    869 Post(s)

treasure coast
    Oh snap! So that's where the Psilocybe cubensis variety "Treasure Coast" comes from. Now I understand.

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1555 Post(s)

a little far.....but are u opposed to used?

resonate is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)

Bro, take a word - listen to these guys. Believe me, I once thought Kicker was the sh*t, and I planned on buying 2 L7s.

Now, after looking around the forum for a while, I know there are incredible brands out there (I realize it's like the mainstream for underground products, but..) like Sundown, that can annihalate the competition for a great price. SSA, Dayton, and SKAR are some others, just to name a few. Do some researching and familiarize yourself with all of the brands before you buy, I'm really glad I did. Back when the CVRs were about $75, they were a good deal. But at $300, how do you plan on spending the remaining $300 for a good amp, HU, and box? Not to mention wiring.

My point is, familiarize yourself with more brands before you buy. Not trying to bash on Kicker, but it'll be a huge wallet-saver and you'll be bumpin' harder than you're ever gonna with those CVRs.

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

RangerDangerV2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Full Tilt View Post
    Bro, take a word - listen to these guys. Believe me, I once thought Kicker was the sh*t, and I planned on buying 2 L7s.

Now, after looking around the forum for a while, I know there are incredible brands out there (I realize it's like the mainstream for underground products, but..) like Sundown, that can annihalate the competition for a great price. SSA, Dayton, and SKAR are some others, just to name a few. Do some researching and familiarize yourself with all of the brands before you buy, I'm really glad I did. Back when the CVRs were about $75, they were a good deal. But at $300, how do you plan on spending the remaining $300 for a good amp, HU, and box? Not to mention wiring.

My point is, familiarize yourself with more brands before you buy. Not trying to bash on Kicker, but it'll be a huge wallet-saver and you'll be bumpin' harder than you're ever gonna with those CVRs.
    actually l7s are decent subwoofers, their only turnoff is the price... I had one it was my very first sub and I loved it for what it was

1999 Tahoe
    2 sa12s
    4th order
    145.18 @33z... with less than 500 watts!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast