sigis is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boston Acoustic

Hello Forum.
    I decided for christmas to get a new head unit and front speakers for my Jeep liberty. I went with the Kenwood KDC-X995 and the front speakers are Boston Acoustic SC-60. Well come to find out after buying and having installed the head unit and speakers I need a amp. I was told that the Boston Acoustic GTA-1105 is what i should get. I have been looking around and can not find any reviews on this amp.
    More info, the back speakers are stock infinitys and no sub yet.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Also I just read on another forum that BA is getting out of the car audio business.

Thank You

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Boston Acoustic

What else do u plan to run along with the SC comps up front ? any rear door speakers? or subs?

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The GTA 1105 is a good choice if you're going to run rear speakers and a sub in the future. I'd say it's a safe bet their GTA series amps are nice as well. And yes, sadly they are getting out of car audio. Haven't ran a whole bunch of BA in my own cars but people that have say it's good, affordable equipment.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the back speakers I will be staying with the stock Infinity's for now. The sub will be installed a couple months later. Think it is the RF P2D2-10 10" Punch P2 2-Ohm DVC Sub woofer

I have it down to 3 amps. The Boston Acoustics GT-5750, JL Audio XD700/5, or the Boston Acoustics GTA-1105.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by sigis; 02-28-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: updated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go Boston GT then GTA

And diff sub

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post from internet lag deleted

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the response.
    Is there a reason you say the GT over the GTA? Is the JL not a consideration and why please.

If not the RF sub what would you suggest.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would i be better off just going with a 4 channel amp?
    Found this amp, but being so new to this I don't know if they are quality.
    Earthquake Sound TD5X

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sigis View Post
    Thank you for the response.
    Is there a reason you say the GT over the GTA? Is the JL not a consideration and why please.

If not the RF sub what would you suggest.
    I keep missing your posts

But the GT is higher line and obviously nicer. Both will do fine but I'd go for the higher quality one first. Unless u want to save cash. JL makes nice amps, nice equipment all around but their amp prices are kind of steep especially when comparing to the Boston Amps that will do just as good for cheaper. (this is coming from a JL fan btw)

What's your sub budget?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would i be better off just going with a 4 channel amp?
    Found this amp, but being so new to this I don't know if they are quality.
    Earthquake Sound TD5X
    4 channel and mono for sub would be nice. A 5 channel could work though depending on how much power u need in each area. Find drivers first then Amps...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for drivers id probably go with another pair of BA SC-60's in the back doors.
    I don't know if that's the right thing to do, but at least they'd be the same front and back. The rated power range: 2-65 watts RMS (180 watts peak power). Does this mean that if the amp is rated at 80 rms @ 4 ohms x 4 channels it would be to much? I was looking at these amps (cadence D100.4, mbquart Q4.150, Focal Solid 4)for possibly speaker upgrades down the road. My main concern is SQ.
    As for the bass, I am just looking for something in the 8-10" range that will complement the other speakers. I don't need it over powering the rest of the sound. I guess something in the 400-600 wrms range will be good, but that is just a guess. I don't want to add any batteries or have to install a bigger alternator.

Thank you for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No 80w won't be too much. Those speakers will take whatever amount of power you throw at them. As for those amps, I wouldn't touch the MB Quart as its all owned by maxxsonics and all crap IMO. The Boston GT will do just as good as that Focal and Cadence so no need to spend extra cash. What you could do, if u want more power for future upgrades is buy a strong 2 channel now and run the rears on head unit power since they'll be behind u anyway. In that case you could do an Aura RPM 2300 or Boston GT2125 amp both solid amps that just happen to be inexpensive. This doesnt mean they won't perform like more expensive ones though so don't let that shy you away. I've had Boston GT and run Aura now and love them both.

For subs, look into the Dayton HO subs at partsexpress.com or the JL w6v2. Those are two solid SQ subs. I've had both, and u can't go wrong. The JL is easier to get volume from though and it's always better to have too much than not enough so u can just turn it down. The Dayton is a good bit Less expensive but sounds just as good. And they love tiny boxes.

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt the GT series amplifiers are better than GTA enough to justify their cost, at least if you're building a budget system. GTA-1105 is a very nice value proposition at $210 shipped (check the deal at onlinecarstereo.com). But a 4-channel amplifier and a mono block with similar specs (e.g. GTA-704 and GTA-500), the distribution blocks, and wiring, and you end up spending close to $350-$400. Yes, two amps are better than one, but I can certainly see the value of the GTA-1105 at that price point.

By the way, here is something to be aware of, Boston Acoustics is going out of car audio business. It will still stay in audio business. This means that some of their discontinued products could probably be bought at a nice discount right now. On the other hand, there could be issues with warranty and customer support in future.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i did a search of the Aura RPM 2300 and didn't find any for sale. I am just going to stick with BA I guess. Looking at these 3 models, Boston Acoustics GT-2300, Boston Acoustics GT-2200, Boston Acoustics GT-2125. I am going to go middle of the road and go with the GT-2200 or i could just spend $35 more and get the 2300. Now with these, I cant run a bass off of them at the same time as the front speakers right?
    As for the sub, I like the JL Audio 10W6v2-D4. Don't know if it is worth twice as much as the Dayton Audio TIT280C-4 10" Titanic Mk III.

Opinions are welcome and thanks
    Last edited by sigis; 02-29-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: it keeps double posting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i did a search of the Aura RPM 2300 and didn't find any for sale. I am just going to stick with BA I guess. Looking at these 3 models, Boston Acoustics GT-2300, Boston Acoustics GT-2200, Boston Acoustics GT-2125. I am going to go middle of the road and go with the GT-2200 or i could just spend $35 more and get the 2300. Now with these, I cant run a bass off of them at the same time as the front speakers right?
    As for the sub, I like the JL Audio 10W6v2-D4. Don't know if it is worth twice as much as the Dayton Audio TIT280C-4 10" Titanic Mk III.

Opinions are welcome and thanks
    If you go Dayton, go with the Reference Series HO, not the Titanic. But the w6 is a solid choice as well.

Also, with those amps you listed being 2 Channel amps, they will only push your front speakers. You will need another amp for your sub. Depending on what sub you choose though, you could get 2 of whichever amp and bridge it since the Boston GT amps are stable to 2 ohms bridged and that way you'll have matching amps.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast