Reload Thread: Wtf is with people's used amp prices

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Re: Wtf is with people's used amp prices

Cliffs of thread? Lol

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Jmac is offline Retired

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    Cliffs of thread? Lol
    Used amp prices are too high according to OP turned into an RC amp challenge debate.

gunz4me2 is offline Bat Country

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    Now this does bring up the age old question for SQ guys.

If you drop good money on processing, will your amps really matter?
    YES! I used many amplifiers that exhibited some sort of hiss, cyclic hum, or other design related flaw that introduced noise into the system. Not only did old school amplifiers like Linear Power exhibit noise issues, but so did the Alpine PDX-5 that I tried in 2008.

The cheaper the amp, the more likely it will create noise on it's own or pick it up from the environment that it is installed in. The use of a stiffening capacitor can sometimes filter out the power/ground wire induced noise, but it doesn't work 100% in all situations.

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider4eva View Post
    I love the us acoustics u have...
    Im showing my opinions.
    I should take a family photo of mine some time...

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at [email protected]

wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I could care less about pricing havn't seen anything worth having to be honest

I am protesting Skar by giving them added exposure in my signature.

J31Rob is offline CarTune Netwerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

OP is mad. If you don't like the price something is listed at then don't fucking buy it you god damn crybaby.

the FUNK / facebook.com/The.Funk.765
    CarTune Netwerk / facebook.com/cartune.netwerk0

Alpine / Sundown Audio / Sound Solutions Audio
    Audio Technix / CT Sounds / Execution Audio

seedubs1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Luv u2 rob.

Btw, picked me up a percd hvy..... Figured you'd appreciate that

Bought from: jaredspl, skip01, JbIrD, dman
    Sold to: blackwaterOP, mrogowski, jadon087, plugitin, blazron22z, taintedplay, sleepyjr, wheelieking71, b12nismo, hrtbrk1, Lingerfelt, Kross6622, StickyFingaz
    Stuff for sale: Nothing at the moment

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    This. Is exactly what I am saying. And what I've been (trying) saying all along. I don't use any filters on any of my amps. Everything is set to "flat" or zero or turned off or whatever. This isn't the case for a lot of people, but it is for me.
    I do this as well...also run with the gain turned all the way down.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at [email protected]

CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

And this is why north america doesn't have any quality products made and assembled here anymore. People want everything for nothing. Only way to do that is to offshore build it. So take your pick.....more jobs, better economy, better product.......or crap product, cheap prices, and no jobs.

References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    this is true^ funny thing i seen a sampson sell on ebay for $675 shipped and the same week a Goliath sold for over $800.so to me the sampson is not worth as much anymore.it's just like the economy if you get one guy that will do the job for $5 less and hour he just set the price and everyone will follow.sux but its what happened
    Sampson is the largest piece of steaming **** in car audio. I wouldn't buy another one for 50$.

@ this thread. I see some great prices on amps in here... there's an Atomic 5K for a really good price and some nice old school goodies for fair.

Rayo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wtf is with people's used amp prices

I think a lot of the amplifiers people are selling on the forums are overpriced too..It's not just the forums though..It's Ebay too..People are looking around, and seeing what "everybody else" is "asking" for their amplifiers..

So they think..If this guy is "asking" X amount of dollars for his amplifier..It must be a fair price..So the next guy selling the exact same amplifier "asks" for the same amount of $$$..Even if it is too much $$$$..It's a vicious cycle..

Believe it or not..Us as Consumers control the prices ..Everything gets thrown out of wack..When somebody overpays for something though..Then a future seller of a similiar item uses that overpaid price as the new standard..

Unless I ran across a killer deal on a used Amplifier i wouldn't even mess them..The guys that are rebuilding or fixing amps right now.. Are the ones that are getting the best deals..If you just let the people selling "overpriced ampliers" sit on them...That would actually bring the prices down..

One other thing I've noticed is..People who buy a "Brand New Amplifier" because it looks like a really good deal...Only to find out it doesn't do what it's rated for..Then they "try" and sell it here..For what they paid for it..What you have to understand is..

Most of the people that try and sell their "Brand New only used Once Amplifers"...Are very young...Be that Mentally or just Numerically.."Most" ...(not all) of the older people..Understand that you don't ask the same price for something you bought "Brand New"..As what you're "trying" to sell it for "Used"..Of course some people no matter what their age don't have any sense!

I guess the last point i'll make is..The Economy has a little bit to do with the "overpricing" as well..People that are struggling to make ends meet..Especially people who didn't have the extra $$$ to be spending on the "Brand New Amplifier" to begin with..Are trying to get every last dime they can from something they're selling..

That's just my 2 cents..

....Sorry for the lengthy response..

12. Thanks seedubs1 thanked for this post
    Likes rjay, Rich B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me2 View Post
    YES! I used many amplifiers that exhibited some sort of hiss, cyclic hum, or other design related flaw that introduced noise into the system. Not only did old school amplifiers like Linear Power exhibit noise issues, but so did the Alpine PDX-5 that I tried in 2008.

The cheaper the amp, the more likely it will create noise on it's own or pick it up from the environment that it is installed in. The use of a stiffening capacitor can sometimes filter out the power/ground wire induced noise, but it doesn't work 100% in all situations.

Just to remain fair, I would like to state that I have NEVER had ANY type of noise from a Linear Power amp in any of my systems. Not even the slightest whine or hum.

Truthfully, noises such as these are normally due to poor install and/or cheap interconnects and not the equipment.

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by infamous_e46 View Post
    U use that Sony sq amp I sent u ? Tell people about that gangsta $hit
    My boy wound up with it and he hasnt put it to any good use yet. I'm working with him though. Bad *** amp fo sho.

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me2 View Post

People actually find that "noise" pleasing. Lol. I guess it's similar to the way people say vinyl just "sounds" better. I don't have any noise isues with mine though.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

gunz4me2 is offline Bat Country

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smoothfidelity View Post
    Just to remain fair, I would like to state that I have NEVER had ANY type of noise from a Linear Power amp in any of my systems. Not even the slightest whine or hum.

Truthfully, noises such as these are normally due to poor install and/or cheap interconnects and not the equipment.
    Wow, you are the oracle of knowledge. I guess that is why a direct replacement with a whole slew of other amplifiers fixed my noise issues using the same mounting location, wiring, speakers, and interconnects. The noise was related to my install! Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

sundownz is offline Supporting Vendor sundownz is a Supporting Member of the forum!

sundownz is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

I didn't really read the whole thread -- but used prices have crashed big time in the last 2 years from my observations... which I a big reason I stopped taking so many trades of other brand equipment as I was unable to offer a reasonable level of credit for them due to poor re-sale.

Oddly enough I listed a gray RF 1501bd on e-bay not long ago and it sold for about 400 dollars with shipping... buyers bid it up that high. I couldn't sell it on the forums for even 250 or so.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast