Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Reload Thread: Wtf is with people's used amp prices

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)

Re: Wtf is with people's used amp prices

sounds like somebody's on a hyundai budget looking for a cadillac

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

seedubs1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    sounds like somebody's on a hyundai budget looking for a cadillac
    That must be it.....Apparently the going price for used equipment these days is 95% of new pricing.

Bought from: jaredspl, skip01, JbIrD, dman
    Sold to: blackwaterOP, mrogowski, jadon087, plugitin, blazron22z, taintedplay, sleepyjr, wheelieking71, b12nismo, hrtbrk1, Lingerfelt, Kross6622, StickyFingaz
    Stuff for sale: Nothing at the moment

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    @ pro-rabbit

I can afford to buy pretty much whatever I want (I'm a mechanical engineer, not a broke kid). It's more a matter of me refusing to pay these crazy prices. It's just ridiculous when I can pick up a brand new amp with warranty from the manufacturer for only $75 more than what I'd have to pay used.

And that is with me "working the price.". I fully understand that the listed price is only an asking price. But every single person I've pm'ed comes back saying their price is "firm.". That, or they'll only budge $10 (big deal ).

And your "then just don't buy it then" sentiment is correct.....and I won't. I'm not one of the stupid consumers that are contributing to this ridiculousness.
    Agreed. I'm not broke. I'm cheap. Lol.

My favorite is "NO TRADES!!1!!!11!!" Really? What if I were to trade you something that worth 10x what you have? I know what they mean, but it makes you sound like a douche when you scream about it that way.

And don't even get me started on the idiots on CL. At least the guys on the forums are pretty savvy. Those guys are clueless. Or don't have internet. Or both. They want MORE than retail. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)

not really ,but its also not 1/2 of what they paid either,just be patient something will pop up.i could have bought a used aq 2200 a while back for 225 shipped , and didn't jump on it .had other things going on at the time .anyways good deals come up every now and then.hell infamous_46 has a saz 1500 for 225 ,hit him up.

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hahaha, agree with taylorfade. I just don't get paying so much for an amp. Power is power. Call me cheap, but I'm not going to pay a ton for power. There's plenty of amps out there that are very reliable, and put out power for cheap. There's no magic in electronics.

But I do agree with the no trades thing. I've got the most stupid questions about trades. The last time I was selling a mint solid audio f2500d, I got an offer for some Pyle equipment.....really???

Sold to: blackwaterOP, mrogowski, jadon087, plugitin, blazron22z, taintedplay, sleepyjr, wheelieking71, b12nismo, hrtbrk1, Lingerfelt, Kross6622, StickyFingaz

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Hahaha, agree with taylorfade. I just don't get paying so much for an amp. Power is power. Call me cheap, but I'm not going to pay a ton for power. There's plenty of amps out there that are very reliable, and put out power for cheap. There's no magic in electronics.

But I do agree with the no trades thing. I've got the most stupid questions about trades. The last time I was selling a mint solid audio f2500d, I got an offer for some Pyle equipment.....really???
    Your one of those guys that believes a Boss amp sounds equally as good as a quality made amp if you dont clip it.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

7. Likes 05trailblazer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    Your one of those guys that believes a Boss amp sounds equally as good as a quality made amp if you dont clip it.
    ^^this

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

I am

I usually list what I am specifically looking for in trades (if any), but dumb trade offers are like lowballs. I just say, "No thanks," and move on with my life. I don't get why people get so upset about lowballs. It's the same exact thing we are talking about, but in reverse. People want stuff cheap. What's the harm in asking? People get all offended like, "Are you f'n serious!? OMG This amp is worth a billion dollars."

TaylorFail
    Taylorfail, v.2
    tailorFail v.3
    TaylorFail v.4
    TaylorWin v.1?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    ^^this
    Richard Clark Amplifier Challenge FAQ

Look up the great amplifier challenge guys.

Facts:
    If you aren't clipping, power output is the same, and you aren't utilizing any filtering, you are not going to hear any difference.

If you do, go collect that $10,000.

That's not to say it's going to be a good reliable, easy to use amp. Don't mistake it for that. That's what people pay more money for.

Fuckin idiots on this site now apparently.

11. Thanks FlexnInLa thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Facts:
    If you aren't clipping, power output is the same, and you aren't utilizing any filtering, you are not going to hear any difference.

That's not to say it's going to be a good reliable, easy to use amp. Don't mistake it for that. That's what people pay more money for.

Dude, I got flamed like crazy in another thread on here for arguing this point. Lol. Apparently now I'm a RC "fanboi" and illiterate.

Besides, ZED made the Boss REV 4 channel

TaylorFail
    Taylorfail, v.2
    tailorFail v.3
    TaylorFail v.4
    TaylorWin v.1?

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    I am

I usually list what I am specifically looking for in trades (if any), but dumb trade offers are like lowballs. I just say, "No thanks," and move on with my life. I don't get why people get so upset about lowballs. It's the same exact thing we are talking about, but in reverse. People want stuff cheap. What's the harm in asking? People get all offended like, "Are you f'n serious!? OMG This amp is worth a billion dollars."
    Because low balling somebody is disrepsectful.

Facts:

Just cause an amp says it does 2000 watts does not mean it will actually do 2000 watts. Most cheap amps are way way way overrated and do a fraction of what they say. That's why quality equipment is so much more expensive. You are paying for the power plus the build quality itself.

so you're saying a 5000w boss amp puts out more power than SAZ4500D? So if I started a company and put together a cheap *** amp and stuck a 5000w sticker on it, does that mean it does 5000w?

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dude, I got flamed like crazy in another thread on here for arguing this point. Lol. Apparently now I'm a RC "fanboi" and illiterate.

Besides, ZED made the Boss REV 4 channel
    Gotta love these little 12 year olds. I remember when there used to be true technical discussion on some of these sites.

All these kids know nowadays is hearsay about what amp is uber kewl. They have no idea why they're spending so much on an amp.

Better to spend your money on install and drivers than power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post
    Because low balling somebody is disrepsectful.
    How is it disrespectful? I'm making a offer on your stuff. If you don't like it, don't take it. I think your listed price is disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post
    Just cause an amp says it does 2000 watts does not mean it will actually do 2000 watts. Most cheap amps are way way way overrated and do a fraction of what they say. That's why quality equipment is so much more expensive. You are paying for the power plus the build quality itself.

so you're saying a 5000w boss amp puts out more power than SAZ4500D? So if I started a company and put together a cheap *** amp and stuck a 5000w sticker on it, does that mean it does 5000w?
    That's not even close to what he's saing. He's saying (and I agree) that an unclipped, unprocesed watt is a watt. Be it Boss, Pyle, Audison, McIntosh or whatever.

TaylorFail
    Taylorfail, v.2
    tailorFail v.3
    TaylorFail v.4
    TaylorWin v.1?

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I generally wont buy used audio equipment unless its so cheap that I can sell it for what I paid and break even or I make a profit. Just takes patients and people that are looking to move items quickly to buy something else.
    Lol, that's exactly how I am. I've never lost my *** on equipment i've bought used, I almost alway's break even or profit a few buck's. Same thing applies to me when buying new too. I wait for a killer sale/use added coupon's and I often get said equipment for pennies over what it's selling for used.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

How is it disrespectful? I'm making a offer on your stuff. If you don't like it, don't take it. I think your listed price is disrespectful.

That's not even close to what he's saing. He's saying (and I agree) that an unclipped, unprocesed watt is a watt. Be it Boss, Pyle, Audison, McIntosh or whatever.
    He said

I just don't get paying so much for an amp. Power is power. Call me cheap, but I'm not going to pay a ton for power
    Which means saying a 2000w boss amp is the same as a 2000w quality amp except the quality amp is more reliable and easier to use. Like I said, just cause it says it does 2000w watt doesn't mean it's going to do that. So you may go cheap and be mad when your 3000w system is nowhere near as loud as somebodys 1500w system because they bought a GOOD amp and you decided to be a cheapo and buy a cheap POS.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast