Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Re: Wtf is with people's used amp prices

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    Reading > You. I dont run DC, Sundown, etc. I run whats in my sig. Most of it has been discontinued for quite awhile with the exception of the 9887.

cool story bro

Bought from: jaredspl, skip01, JbIrD, dman
    Sold to: blackwaterOP, mrogowski, jadon087, plugitin, blazron22z, taintedplay, sleepyjr, wheelieking71, b12nismo, hrtbrk1, Lingerfelt, Kross6622, StickyFingaz
    Stuff for sale: Nothing at the moment

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    I whole-heartedly agree. I don't know where people get their prices. At the end of the day though, people will ask what they think they can get. But it won't be from me.

What really kills me is what people want for BLOWN amps. Lol. $500 amp - the $150 "quote" they got and they want $350. Please. Sub motors are the same way. People want basically what a fully functioning used sub would go for.
    I agree, I do not see the value. However, many do.

You should see some the trades I get offered for enclosures. You would literally LOL yourself into a coma.

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

I generally wont buy used audio equipment unless its so cheap that I can sell it for what I paid and break even or I make a profit. Just takes patients and people that are looking to move items quickly to buy something else.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

4. Likes 05trailblazer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    this is true^ funny thing i seen a sampson sell on ebay for $675 shipped and the same week a Goliath sold for over $800.so to me the sampson is not worth as much anymore.it's just like the economy if you get one guy that will do the job for $5 less and hour he just set the price and everyone will follow.sux but its what happened
    Exactly. With used this works every time with pricing. With new not so much really, with the exception that many are willing to compromise quality to save just a few bucks. See it all the time with enclosures and amps...subs...yep there too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    I generally wont buy used audio equipment unless its so cheap that I can sell it for what I paid and break even or I make a profit. Just takes patients and people that are looking to move items quickly to buy something else.
    It is in all honesty hard for me to pay used pricing. I get things from many manufacturers and what is funny to me is this is not a hidden thing..I don't hide where I get the most of my gear from. However, people still offer me things at almost retail in trade lol.

seedubs1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

I think I've narrowed this thread down to 3 main gripes:

1. People who don't get the idea that their gear depreciates after it's used.
    2. People trying to sell their broken **** for entirely too much.
    3. People who don't get that after nobody has bought their crap after 6 months.....It just MIGHT be overpriced.

Sold to: blackwaterOP, mrogowski, jadon087, plugitin, blazron22z, taintedplay, sleepyjr, wheelieking71, b12nismo, hrtbrk1, Lingerfelt, Kross6622, StickyFingaz

8. Thanks TaylorFade thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    I think I've narrowed this thread down to 3 main gripes:

1. People who don't get the idea that their gear depreciates after it's used.
    2. People trying to sell their broken **** for entirely too much.
    3. People who don't get that after nobody has bought their crap after 6 months.....It just MIGHT be overpriced.
    1. Most prices in the classifieds are set for some working on the price. Also most of the prices are set by what others have sold their product for.

2. Same situation. If people will pay it they will sell it for what they can.

3. Perhaps no one has enough funds to buy it so it may be worth hanging on until tax season is in full swing..or kids get their school checks in.

If you can not afford(or just don't want to pay their prices) their stuff look else where would be my suggestion.

stevew007 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

lets look at the konaki motor. I picked up 2 12's brand new from 7 elephants for $240 shipped for both.now if you find them they want $350 new and $150 for just the motor.why is that?because people are willing to pay that much.with that being said we see how much these subs really cost to be built and that drives us to want other companies to drop there price's.need something else to think about? look at all these new lets sell out of my garage brands they dropped all these big amps on the market for a 1/4 of the cost of what people were willing to pay a few years ago and they drove down the price. so now all the local shops have to drop there price's just to stay in biz IF they can and most shut there doors.I remember when a 1500 watt amp would cost you $3k and now you can buy them for $300 new.it just goes to show you how much money these companies are making when you can sell a 3k amp for $800 and still make money I bet its at least double what they pay for it.

REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

The other thing driving prices up is flippin shipping. I hate asking too much for my gear, but I end up taking a bath on the shipping trying to give people a break on the price. It cost me $50 to ship a **** 2k the other day. That's almost 20% of what I got for the **** thing.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

12. Likes JoeK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

The other thing driving prices up is flippin shipping. I hate asking too much for my gear, but I end up taking a bath on the shipping trying to give people a break on the price. It cost me $50 to ship a **** 2k the other day. That's almost 20% of what I got for the **** thing.
    Yep, shipping is outrageous. UPS just went up 4% across the board from last year. I don't know fedex off the top of my head, but my guess is a similar increase.

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

.I remember when a 1500 watt amp would cost you $3k and now you can buy them for $300 new.it just goes to show you how much money these companies are making when you can sell a 3k amp for $800 and still make money I bet its at least double what they pay for it.
    That is technology improving and outsourced cheap labor, man. I remember those days too. They literally don't make them like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

stevew007 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

That is technology improving and outsourced cheap labor, man. I remember those days too. They literally don't make them like they used to.
    there is no way it cost them anymore then it does today shoot i would bet it cost's more today to make the same amp as it did back then?lol

REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

brynm is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

there is no way it cost them anymore then it does today shoot i would bet it cost's more today to make the same amp as it did back then?lol
    You cannot be serious.

Current: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH, Hertz HSK165 comps on a MBQ DSC4125, pair of Clarion SSW1001 10" on a MBQ DSC2000.1
    Kickers: SX600.2, SX1250.1, SXRC
    MB Quart: DSC4125, DSC2000.1
    12" SI Mag V3 @ 1 ohm, 2-10" Clarion SSW1000

Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone View Post
    I've only been caught once. I guess it wasn't smart to be fornicating in a tent display at Dick's Sporting Goods on black Friday
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud3 View Post
    we iz teh curaoutioz.coms.
    we is no kan speel

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    946 Post(s)

A lot of people will go down on their price as long as you don't give them a stupid lowball offer. Not everybody is in a rush to sell their stuff either, so they may not mind waiting a bit to get the higher price that they want.

Simply put, if there's an item you want, talk to the seller and see if you can work out a deal. If not just move on and look for something else. But bitching on the forum isn't going to get people to lower their prices.

Are you stupid? As technology improves, things are made better using less and less money. Back years ago a 40 gb HDD was like $120, nowtoday you can get over a TB for less than $100. Same with car audio, if it was so cheap to make these high power amps back then as it was today, people would have been in the 160s and 170s years upon years ago..

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

seedubs1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

@ pro-rabbit

I can afford to buy pretty much whatever I want (I'm a mechanical engineer, not a broke kid). It's more a matter of me refusing to pay these crazy prices. It's just ridiculous when I can pick up a brand new amp with warranty from the manufacturer for only $75 more than what I'd have to pay used.

And that is with me "working the price.". I fully understand that the listed price is only an asking price. But every single person I've pm'ed comes back saying their price is "firm.". That, or they'll only budge $10 (big deal ).

And your "then just don't buy it then" sentiment is correct.....and I won't. I'm not one of the stupid consumers that are contributing to this ridiculousness.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast