Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Sundown Audio NS-1 drop-in test on 12v

Skillz is offline Premium Member Skillz is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sundown Audio NS-1 drop-in test on 12v

Ok, so as some of you may know, me and the guys at D Style Audio are about midway through finishishing my blowthrough build with 4 z18v3's in my Dodge Ram ...a very thorough build log with lots of pics may be found on the Russian version of cardomain in my sig (you may need to use google-translate to navigate there as it is in Russian)

for those that want Cliff-notes:

vid just before the build

Skillz on Big Wheels - YouTube

here's the truck after a new paintjob

this is the box - designed by Team Nemesis Derrick

installed

Current electrical consists of a Mechman 320A alt, XS Power D6500 under the hood, two D2700's in the bed - two runs of positive and negative - Shok Industries 0awg .... we will add more bats in February when the next shipment of bats comes in

Subs - z18v3's

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sundown Audio NS-1 drop-in test on 12v

This is the amp we're using for this build
    - it is a prototype we are testing for Russ at Shok industries..it's a beast of an amp..I'm sure those that are familiar with guts of high power Korean amps will have no problems identifying what it resembles and and what power is to be expected... we have so far clamped it at 7200watts with a drop to 11v.. score was 154.5 @36hz

here's the vid of that
    Dodge Ram - Team Sundown Russia. test 1 - YouTube

we have since done a best of 154.7 @35hz with that amp.... my current range from 30 to 38hz is pretty flat - within tenths of a db

so, right after we metered the 154.7 (this was after a fresh charge on the bats with the awesome XS Power HF1215 intellicharger) we shot some vids for fun

Floating a shirt - major bass - YouTube

Sundown audio z18v3 - YouTube

Attempting a bottle trick with a 5 liter jug - YouTube

and then we had some business to take care of - test some NS-1s that just came in before shipping them out to teammates outside of Moscow

and we knew NS-1s are some strong *** amps from a previous testing and competitions with the prototypes, but the results of this drop-in test were a surprise to us...pretty much right out of the box we gained 0.2 dbs over the best score of the other amp :runaround:

and the best part?

less voltage drop

Me being happy

Sundown Audio FTW!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Truck is sexy as hell! And loud too! lol

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

Rickdod3 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hell yeah! That truck is **** as hell!

Buyer/Seller Feedback
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/505787-rickdod3-feedback.html

myjaja is offline Audioque

San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Nice nice

You can keep those subs even though theyre nice but I want that amppppp!!!

Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2

HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Didn't know you had nice trucks like that over there, nothing bad I mean. Nice score btw. You guys are doing big things over there.

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

05trailblazer is offline k33p groaning son :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i say add one more ns-1

HU:Pioneer 80-PRS
    Fnt&Rear Spkrs: 8 Neo-Pro-v.2 soon
    Mid Amp: Sax-50.4& Sax-200.4
    Subs: 4 Sundown Audio 18s Z v.4 tuned at 15hrtz
    Amp: 2*NS-1s
    batts:,xs2500,xs3000 x20
    wire:0g OFC Audio Technix
    alt: 3 HO alts from??? from mechman or singer?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sacsking916 View Post
    Didn't know you had nice trucks like that over there, nothing bad I mean. Nice score btw. You guys are doing big things over there.
    Thanks man! I know what you mean, lol ...there are quite a few really nice cars and trucks here in Russia, but i'm pretty sure I have the first blowthrough and the first Ram on 24's

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 05trailblazer View Post
    i say add one more ns-1
    yah, I might have to...the subs just don't want to move..there's like half an inch of excursion tops

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I must admit, when I think Russia, I think more of a car like the one in the very back of the first pic. Very very clean Ram though. I wants!

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch86 View Post
    I must admit, when I think Russia, I think more of a car like the one in the very back of the first pic. Very very clean Ram though. I wants!
    yah, lol that's a typical Russian car for sure - a Lada 2110

I'm trying to post a link to the google-translate of the Russian version of cardomain - bunch of nice cars there.... but it says that a moderator must approve my post...maybe I can't post links like that i dunno

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

here's the link Google

CAT MAN is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

nice bro! what kinda meter is that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[/QUOTE]

yah, I might have to...the subs just don't want to move..there's like half an inch of excursion tops [/QUOTE]

thats what im talking about! i would only imagine what two would do! didnt see your build log but your just have one HO alternator??

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yah, I might have to...the subs just don't want to move..there's like half an inch of excursion tops [/QUOTE]

thats what im talking about! i would only imagine what two would do! didnt see your build log but your just have one HO alternator??[/QUOTE]

I have a build log over on SMD, but havent had a chance to start one on this forum... just not enough time to do everything, even if it's just copy-past

Right now I have just one alt - a 320 stock replacement unit from Mechman...it is controlled by the stock pcm controller, so my voltage isn't super-high...13.6-8 at idle and 14.1 @ 2000rpm on a hot engine with no load... I'm looking into a dual alt kit from Mechman with an external voltage regulator.. I will also add another D6500 under the hood and two XS D3100's to what I have now

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skillz View Post
    Thanks man! I know what you mean, lol ...there are quite a few really nice cars and trucks here in Russia, but i'm pretty sure I have the first blowthrough and the first Ram on 24's
    ok coo. glad you knew where i was coming from. but man thats a nice truck you got there

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skillz View Post
    yah, I might have to...the subs just don't want to move..there's like half an inch of excursion tops

I have a build log over on SMD, but havent had a chance to start one on this forum... just not enough time to do everything, even if it's just copy-past

Right now I have just one alt - a 320 stock replacement unit from Mechman...it is controlled by the stock pcm controller, so my voltage isn't super-high...13.6-8 at idle and 14.1 @ 2000rpm on a hot engine with no load... I'm looking into a dual alt kit from Mechman with an external voltage regulator.. I will also add another D6500 under the hood and two XS D3100's to what I have now[/QUOTE]

that would be insane man 640amps in alts! and i feel you on the updates! having numerous sites is a hassle to do a build log

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast