Closed Thread

Reload Thread: how much power do i need?

93cr250 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how much power do i need?

i am either getting the mb quart onyx4.80 or the onyx4.125 soon but im not really sure which to get. Now i have 2 pioneer premier series 6x9s in the rear deck rated at 80w rms but i will soon get a single 12 inch sub and bridge the 2 rear channels and then get rid of the rear speakers. In the front i have jbl gto 6.5 coaxials rated at something like 60w rms, but they will be eventually be replaced with some MB Quart ONX216 component speakers or something similar. So do i need the 125w rms per channel or will 80w be enough?

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: how much power do i need?

I always recommend ,whatever you can afford.The smaller amp will work for you,yet, for just a few dollars more, why not get just a bit more power, that you will most likely use in the future.Thats my recommendation.Yet, to bridge the rear channels It would be more essential to get the more rms rated amplifier to be able to retrieve more for the subwoofer. Just my opinion.Have you taken a look at any of the SoundStream Rubicon amplifiers yet, and compared the specs, along with prices?I recommend that amp over the Onyx, seems to be a much better amp for the money.IMO Get the bigger one if you can afford it

93cr250 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the specs and price are about the same and i just like mb quart better, so i will probably end up with the mb

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 93cr250 View Post
    the specs and price are about the same and i just like mb quart better, so i will probably end up with the mb
    A decision has been made, and I hope that it turns out well.Good luck to you.

Closed Thread