Closed Thread

Reload Thread: I believe my amp is messed up but I'm not 100% sure [Video]

Mugen is offline Superhero.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe my amp is messed up but I'm not 100% sure [Video]

Blown Amp - YouTube

I just uploaded this video, I have the volume reasonably low and the gain on the amp is only about halfway up. The phone is like right next to the speaker, which is an Ascendant Audio Assassin 8" and the amp is a hifonics brutus 1610d.

I don't really know what I'm listening for to know if that is the sound of a fucked up speaker or a broken amp, so maybe you guys can shed some light on it for me.

Guess I should mention that the amp does have a solid green light, which I believe indicates it doesn't think anything is wrong, so I'm not really sure. New speakers would be cheaper than new amp i think so I kinda hope it is the speakers.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Re: I believe my amp is messed up but I'm not 100% sure [Video]

it's not the speakers. i recognize that sound any day. blown transistor(s), or driver. sorry. it will likely throw a protect when a transistor shorts, feeding the speaker strait power, but not when it stops passing current. good news is, that it is usually a cheaper repair if it is not shorted.

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

Mugen is offline Superhero.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So who exactly do I bring this too to get it repaired? Would local audio shops be able to do it, or do I need to find someone who works on amps specifically? What do you mean by driver as well? Is that part of the amp?

Thanks for your help man, I'm glad it might not be too expensive.

Spooney is online now Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

I see your in Louisiana . I'd try to get a hold of a man named Perry Babin. Best amp repair guy you will find in that area or period for that matter. He is really busy usually though. Try emailing him here : [email protected]

Best you'll find. Check your PM's too. I sent you something about this amp

Closed Thread