Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: Looking for about 2400 watts from an amp(s)

  1. #1
    hookdupexpo's Avatar
    hookdupexpo is offline Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Looking for about 2400 watts from an amp(s)

    Hey, ive got 2 PG ti15's on the way which max out at 1200 watts each and im hopin to find a nice amp to push both of these. Ive heard the MTX 81000d factory modded is real nice, but havent been able to find one. If anyone has any other suggestions for a good value amp (under $500) please let me know. Also if you know anyone selling there amp lemme know, i don't care about buying used equipment. Please respond, my subs r on the way and im getting frustrated

    Brenden







  2. #2
    i3abyjay25's Avatar
    i3abyjay25 is offline Get F'n Loud



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for about 2400 watts from an amp(s)

    if their dual 2... u can get Orion Xtr Pro 2400...
    its 2400 rms at 2 ohms... and u can get them around $500 off ebay....
    theis also a list of amps that are over 1000 watts.. chk into it...i think it may still be a sticky over in the amp section...




  3. #3
    i3abyjay25's Avatar
    i3abyjay25 is offline Get F'n Loud



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for about 2400 watts from an amp(s)





  4. #4
    iceteebone's Avatar
    iceteebone is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    37,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for about 2400 watts from an amp(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by hookdupexpo
    Hey, ive got 2 PG ti15's on the way which max out at 1200 watts each and im hopin to find a nice amp to push both of these. Ive heard the MTX 81000d factory modded is real nice, but havent been able to find one. If anyone has any other suggestions for a good value amp (under $500) please let me know. Also if you know anyone selling there amp lemme know, i don't care about buying used equipment. Please respond, my subs r on the way and im getting frustrated

    Brenden
    if those subs aren't the elites then they can only handle about 600 watts rms. never matchup max power always go by rms power.




  5. #5
    60_cent's Avatar
    60_cent is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for about 2400 watts from an amp(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by hookdupexpo
    Hey, ive got 2 PG ti15's on the way which max out at 1200 watts each and im hopin to find a nice amp to push both of these. Ive heard the MTX 81000d factory modded is real nice, but havent been able to find one. If anyone has any other suggestions for a good value amp (under $500) please let me know. Also if you know anyone selling there amp lemme know, i don't care about buying used equipment. Please respond, my subs r on the way and im getting frustrated

    Brenden

    NO WAY those subs will be able to take that kind of power for long.

    The are rated at 650 rms.

    Give us a little more info.

    What kind of box will you be running?

    What load will you be running the subs at, 2ohms, 1ohms?

    Why not run a PG amp? The PG R1 is rated at 1500 x1 at 2ohms and you can find it for well under $500.

    Also look at the Hifonics BX1500D and the Kicker KX1200.1



    1992 cocaine white Acura Legend ***TOTALED 9/2009****
    Pioneer AVH-P4000dvd, Focal polyglass 165v1 front stage, (1) Fi SSD 12" sub ported
    RF T3002, T5001bd, monster cable wiring, optima yellow top, batcap, fatmat sound deadening

    **NEW VEHICLE**
    2007 Chevy Impala SS LS4 5.3L V8
    Pioneer AVH 3200BT
    Kicker IX5001, IX5004, Kicker wiring
    Kicker QS 6.5 comps, KS 6x9's, Xtant x12b 2.0 cubic box tuned to 33 hertz

  6. #6
    iceteebone's Avatar
    iceteebone is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    37,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for about 2400 watts from an amp(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by 60_cent
    NO WAY those subs will be able to take that kind of power for long.

    The are rated at 650 rms.

    Give us a little more info.

    What kind of box will you be running?

    What load will you be running the subs at, 2ohms, 1ohms?

    Why not run a PG amp? The PG R1 is rated at 1500 x1 at 2ohms and you can find it for well under $500.

    Also look at the Hifonics BX1500D and the Kicker KX1200.1
    also try the pg tantrum 1200.1 which mine is rated at 1422 rms @ 4 ohms.




  7. #7
    BDIDDY's Avatar
    BDIDDY is offline Sittin' Slick



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Tennessee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,575
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for about 2400 watts from an amp(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone
    if those subs aren't the elites then they can only handle about 600 watts rms. never matchup max power always go by rms power.


    Never go by RMS neither....



    "Just have to remember to take everything in stride, and don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today because there might not be a tomorrow. " <---- RAMOS


    Profliepower is the funniest guy ever...

  8. #8
    ngsm13's Avatar
    ngsm13 is offline BSEE



    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    35,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for about 2400 watts from an amp(s)

    yeah, DO NOT give those subs their MAX power as mentioned above. Give them their RMS...and they'll be great...unless they are the Elites. SO, the pg tantrum 1200.1, the avionixx 1200.2, jbl 1200.1, hifonics bx1500d, check those out. peace

    NG




    http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

  9. #9
    iceteebone's Avatar
    iceteebone is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    37,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for about 2400 watts from an amp(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by BDIDDY
    Never go by RMS neither....
    get 4 pg tantrum 1200.1 and hook 1 up to each voice coil of the sub :tomatofac :up2someth :thumbsdow
    thpught i would try out a few smilies




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. *amplifiers/power ratings*
    By dbhittin in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum