Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What kind of amp should I get to complete my system that cracks at mid to high volume

VDUBKG is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What kind of amp should I get to complete my system that cracks at mid to high volume

I have a Pioneer DEH-4300UB cd receiver and Alpine SPS-600C Type-S speakers. The sound is good until about 45, while the radio goes to 62; at 45 it starts to crack badly and only stops if I turn the bass down to negative. I figure the issue is that I will need an amp to level the system out, however I am new to the sound system subject and don't know what kind or what wattage I should get. If someone could help me out on what to get it would be greatly appreciated.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5144 Post(s)

Re: What kind of amp should I get to complete my system that cracks at mid to high vo

considering your running the type s alpines speakers id go with a 4 channel amp that does between 40 and 65 watts rms.also needs to have crossovers on the amp so you can adjust the amp to only play midbass frequencys and above.the problem your having now is that you have the bass up too high on your deck and the speakers can't handle it.if your interested i have an amp that fits your needs for a decent price.

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

VDUBKG is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: What kind of amp should I get to complete my system that cracks at mid to high vo

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    considering your running the type s alpines speakers id go with a 4 channel amp that does between 40 and 65 watts rms.also needs to have crossovers on the amp so you can adjust the amp to only play midbass frequencys and above.the problem your having now is that you have the bass up too high on your deck and the speakers can't handle it.if your interested i have an amp that fits your needs for a decent price.
    I actually plan on getting a sub also so I suppose I will need a 5 channel amp correct ? I am .looking into getting either a single 12inch or 2 in one. Should I get a higher watts rms amp if I plan to do so?

Robert 2001 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would run two amps as the 5 channel amps tend to be pricy

2001 dodge ram ext cab
    Kenwood kdc series hu
    Infinity 6x9s and 6s
    2 Kicker L7 12s
    US Amps Xterminater XTD 2000d

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5144 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert 2001 View Post
    I would run two amps as the 5 channel amps tend to be pricy
    and they break down alot.as for power i would go at least 2x the power of the 4 channel.so if your 4 channel is say 200 watts rms all channels driven then go at least 400-500 watts rms on the sub,unless your in a trunk then you may wanna go with a little more power on the sub

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

VDUBKG is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    and they break down alot.as for power i would go at least 2x the power of the 4 channel.so if your 4 channel is say 200 watts rms all channels driven then go at least 400-500 watts rms on the sub,unless your in a trunk then you may wanna go with a little more power on the sub
    So what your suggesting is that I get a 4 channel amp for the speakers such as a Sound Ordnance™ M-4075, and a separate more powerful mono such as the Sound Ordnance™ M-1500 for the subs ? Is it possible to run the speakers and the sub(s) off just a 4 channel amp ?

Closed Thread

User Tag List