Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need some help with my Amplifier...

Dirtrider4eva is offline √\_The CaUsE__

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Icon13 Need some help with my Amplifier...

So, about a week ago, i purchased an MTX TA 7804 amplifier.
    Its in pretty good condition, i needed a 4 channel amp that can do 100-150 a channel, and this is what came up first for my price and all.
    Well, after running it for a while, everything seemed fine, but when i turned my car off, i heard this noise, like the sound of a bb going down a funnel.
    Well it turns out its the fan within my amp, and it doesnt sound correct. is this worth looking into and possibly replacing it with a better CPU fan?
    Between my father and I, we could do it no problem, We've Built Computers, but never tampered with an Amplifier.

welcome to
    Where b-stock is the new a-stock
    TEAM WEST

grandam888 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need some help with my Amplifier...

well first if its NEW unser warranty dont open it, try to get it replaced for free. just tell them it makes a loud buzzing sound like a fan going out.

if its not new, yes you can replace it easily. open up the amp, take the fan out and go to an electronics component store. not best buy, or circuit city etc. the fan will not be a standard sized computer fan. it will be way smaller.

you may try frys electronics(if you have one in your area) or order one online @ newegg or mouser. before you order online, measure the fan in millimeters to assure you order the right size.

FI BTL 18" Fully Loaded
    6cuFT box after all displacements( spl box 4.79 after displ.)
    Planet Audio BB2400.1
    2 runs of 1/0 Gauge Wire
    Kinetic HC800
    Crappy Pioneer HU
    doing 162db in port, 147db in kickpanel

Dirtrider4eva is offline √\_The CaUsE__

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Re: Need some help with my Amplifier...

Quote Originally Posted by grandam88 View Post
    well first if its NEW unser warranty dont open it, try to get it replaced for free. just tell them it makes a loud buzzing sound like a fan going out.

if its not new, yes you can replace it easily. open up the amp, take the fan out and go to an electronics component store. not best buy, or circuit city etc. the fan will not be a standard sized computer fan. it will be way smaller.

you may try frys electronics(if you have one in your area) or order one online @ newegg or mouser. before you order online, measure the fan in millimeters to assure you order the right size.
    gotcha, yeah thanks. its not new. it seems like it has 2-3 years on it. probably tigerelectric or New egg. my other question is can i go with a slightly larger size if it doesnt run into anything to disperse heat even better? Or go with a highpower fan at the same size?
    she seemed to get a little warm after an hour of use, which yeah thats a while before, but the colder the better.

welcome to
    Where b-stock is the new a-stock
    TEAM WEST

Closed Thread